下妻物語 Shimotsuma Monogatari

Discussion about games, books, movies, and your favorite songs.
Freya
Otaku Leader
Otaku Leader

下妻物語 Shimotsuma Monogatari

Post by Freya » April 23rd, 2008, 9:33 am

下妻物語
Shimotsuma Monogatari known here in the US as Kamikaze Girls is yet another story of unlikely friendships.

Momoko is a 17 year old girl living in a middle of nowhere town that is known only for growing cabbages.
She likes high Lolita fashion and shops exclusively at BABY THE STARS SHINE BRIGHT.
When her want for money drives her to sell the knockoff Versace her father had discarded, her life takes a turn when a tough biker chick named Ichiko comes asking to buy from her.

The story centers around the friendship of Momoko and Ichiko. Filled with crude humor but also teeming with Japanese culture, I'll admit this movie took a few watchings to grow on me.

Perfect for those who like funny, witty, and often times downright strange plot turns I'd say this is yet another title to check out.
“Here’s the thing… I’ve already gone crazy once. I know what my limits are.” ~ Bella Swan

Kira
Angel
Angel

Re: 下妻物語 Shimotsuma Monogatari

Post by Kira » May 2nd, 2008, 1:41 am

I gotta admit it is witty. I just like the whole nature of this film. It adds a lot of element. But I really like Momoko, She that snubby, leave me alone the world is annoying so I'm gonna escape to my little world. You take a peek inside her mind, her thought process and its so eerie how it almost matches my own.

Then you have Ichiko, who is pretty much just a kid still. She tries to act all tough, but the funny thing is, Ichiko is more a "girl" then Momoko.

Momoko likes the Lolita style, So she acts "girly" But Ichiko will actually get feelings hurts and cry.

I just totally All around enjoy this movie. Its a good movie. Its a movie that will make you smile and cheer.
You don't see yourself clearly at all. You're not like anyone I've ever known. You Fascinate me.