The Crap Shooter

Have a seat at the fireplace. Free cookies for everyone!
oldwrench
Ojiichan

Re: The Crap Shooter

Post by oldwrench » January 22nd, 2014, 9:33 am

Not home till the end of the month. The guide says its really cold here. 55 last night
and only 80 today.
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » March 2nd, 2014, 6:13 am

cold and snow and more cold........... today we had a high temp of about 0f (-17.7c) tonight a low of -15f (-26f) we have had 48 days with a below zero temp by the time it warms up we will have reached the fourth most below zero days in a winter season. We also have had over 45 inches of snow, and most of it is still here.

Global warming isn't working.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » March 5th, 2014, 5:29 am

Snowing again, at least the temps have gotten above zero F. They might have another eight inches of snow down around Dinky's house.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » March 17th, 2014, 3:50 pm

I drove a client to the University medical center this morning.......... Freezing rain and now snow again, it was 35mph all the way. Miserable conditions to drive in. It might be worse going back. I'm sitting in a Caribou coffee shop waiting for them to call that they are ready to go home. Isn't life fun!

JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Post by JHawkNH » March 20th, 2014, 4:48 pm

I believe that they said that this is in the top 3 most miserable winters on record for Minnesota. And we have how many months of it left?
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Post by JHawkNH » April 11th, 2014, 9:06 pm

I hope you are feeling better Oldwrench. Oldwrench missed Anime Detour because he was not feeling well. I will post some of the pics from AD soon.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » April 14th, 2014, 4:47 am

Yes, the first time I've missed Detour since the first one. It wouldn't have worked out to come with the fever I had for 5 days. I wound up going to an urgent care clinic that Saturday. I was having trouble breathing. It was some kind of virus and it's pretty nasty. They stuck me on the medications they use for asthma, at least I could breath again. Now I'm just down to coughing a bunch. It sucks to get old.

I also missed the whole maple syrup season. They did make 58 gallons this year.

JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Post by JHawkNH » April 29th, 2014, 7:51 pm

I was just in the hospital on Sun/Mon. I am out now, but my new diet guidlines make it look like I had gastric bypass surgery. :sob:

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » May 10th, 2014, 9:32 pm

I'm back to operational status........ At least my "honey do" list assures me I am.

Latest Downer, I won't make Ani Minneapolis con either, I have a nieces wedding to go to and the wife says I have no choce.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » June 6th, 2014, 6:17 am

My furnace and air conditioner were too old ant the ac needed recharging again....... leaks out it's freon every year, bad for the environment. I checked into new systems and due to higher rebates on the top line systems, and the increased efficiency of those units, I bought the best system. I had to write out a check for eleven thousand dollars. Yes that's eleven with three zeros after it. Fortunately I will be getting about two thousand back in rebates.