good things

Have a seat at the fireplace. Free cookies for everyone!
oldwrench
Ojiichan

Re: good things

Post by oldwrench » April 18th, 2013, 6:33 pm

I had two trips up to the hospital in Minneapolis yesterday, almost 5 hours of driving. Wonder what I get paid?

My first social security check was deposited........... I'm RICH!!......... lol.
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Post by JHawkNH » April 18th, 2013, 10:28 pm

Great. Now you can spend it all at AD this weekend. :thumb:
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » April 20th, 2013, 5:19 am

If I can sneak some past my financial adviser.......... SHE, who must be obeyed.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » April 25th, 2013, 5:15 am

It's actually supposed to get nice out this weekend. But I have to fly to Denver Colorado for a wedding.

Anime Detour was a lot of fun, I hope JH got some good pictures since I forgot to take my camera. The charity auction was again a success, and my son bought a very nice picture by Range Murata, one of my favorite illustrators, and gave it to me. I bought an anime series, Intrigue in the Bakumatsu, the boxes are signed by the entire dubbing cast and the producers. I'm giving the set to my son, in trade for his set that isn't signed. I'm not collecting signatures.
I also bought a new anime, King of Thorn, I'll write a review of it later. It was pretty good, it has a bit of "Sleeping Beauty" in the plot.
This is the picture my son bought me. It's from the new Last Exile anime series.
This is the picture my son bought me. It's from the new Last Exile anime series.

Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Post by Hiki » April 27th, 2013, 11:30 am

That picture is very awesome!! Glad to hear you had fun!
Don't feed me violins.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » April 30th, 2013, 5:49 am

AD has always been fun Hiki. I still hope you consider joining us there some day.

I'm home again from Denver Colorado, and weather has been great here. Warm and sunny. I even had three hours of driving van today....... I'm getting rich!...... I wonder what they pay?

I got to watch disc 2 of the anime Red Garden, one of those strange monster anime. 4 girls are forced to fight men turned to mindless monsters. The incentive? They are dead, and living in artificial bodies, the only way to keep living, the only hope to regain their real bodies, is to keep killing the monsters. There's a mystery here, what causes the monsters, and why? Why these girls? There is also a mystery of other girls who have died of "suicides"......... but, have they?
Interesting so far.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » May 1st, 2013, 4:10 am

Next week, I substitute driving a van delivering school kids. Three kids that go to school ten miles from here. I make the trip twice a day. Bad thing is, I have to be there by 7:30am........... I don't get up that early!

Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Post by Hiki » May 1st, 2013, 9:39 am

Well, if I ever rob a bank I'll be sure to visit =w=

Lol, just got a text from my friend that one of her friends' friends (who I met yesterday orthe day before yesterday, depending on how you look at it) wants my number, hahaha! That's kinda funny xD
Don't feed me violins.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » May 5th, 2013, 6:28 am

We dodged the snow storm. Just 50 miles from here they got 18 inches of snow Thursday and Friday. That storm was supposed to hit us, but it moved just a bit to the east. My son said they had 12 inches in Rochester MN where he lives. The snowfall set a bunch of new records for May in Minnesota. I'm glad it missed us, I drove school bus on Friday morning and took a wheelchair client to a dental appointment in Minneapolis in the afternoon. This driving thing might take a bunch of my time.

Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Post by Hiki » May 5th, 2013, 10:56 am

Wow, lucky!!
Don't feed me violins.