All Anime World Game "A little cat-girl’s tale.”

Discussion about games, books, movies, and your favorite songs.
Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Re: All Anime World Game "A little cat-girl’s tale.”

Post by Hiki » January 27th, 2011, 7:47 pm

7 or 11 8D

Since I have nothing to do really for the next couple of months I'll--
Crap, this just reminded me I forgot to bring my 'how-to-draw backgrounds' book.. TAT
Anyway.. I'll see whether I can whip up a nice background because I have lots of time now 8D
Don't feed me violins.

JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Post by JHawkNH » January 31st, 2011, 3:15 pm

I have decided to go with number 11 since this has many of the properties that I need to make it work.
I have started putting togather the raw data for this font and I hope to have a demo of the display before the end of the week.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Post by JHawkNH » February 18th, 2011, 5:03 pm

This project is still comimg along, slowly but surelly.
When I began to write the Text display engine I reliesed that I would need the font files first. I then relised that in order to create the font files I would need to create a program to create them. And that is where I am at right now. I am almost done with the font create program. After that I will create the different font files, and then I can begin work on the Text display class.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Post by Hiki » February 18th, 2011, 6:55 pm

Ganbatte kudasai~! :)

I'll start working on more art soon (when I get over the art-block :'))
Don't feed me violins.

Devynne
Dedicated Fan
Dedicated Fan

Post by Devynne » February 28th, 2011, 11:08 pm

I was lost from A-Z Xp but I am learning about html and all that. So I am TRYing but, its confusing. Jhawk idk how u do it. :sob:
When all you have left is LOVE that's all you'll need.<3

JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Post by JHawkNH » March 1st, 2011, 3:42 pm

I have been programming for years so I have had a lot of practice. That is one of the reasons that I am able to create very complex programs. When I first started out I had trouble creating a text program that would have you guess a number between 1 and 100. I have come a long way since then.

HTML is a good place to start learning programing. There are not many commands and it teaches you the basics of programming structure.

If you ever need any help with programming code, feel free to ask. If you want to get really good at programming it just take time.

Devynne
Dedicated Fan
Dedicated Fan

Post by Devynne » March 1st, 2011, 4:46 pm

Okay :D.
When all you have left is LOVE that's all you'll need.<3

JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Post by JHawkNH » March 30th, 2011, 5:24 pm

I give you the first font files...
Fonts.zip
Font file for the numbers
(2.15 KiB) Downloaded 194 times
The numbers 0 to 9.

There is currently no program that can read these properly. :meh:
The next step is to get the display box in the game to read and use these files. After that we can begin to build some alphas.

p.s. I am betting that computer programmers in here can understand the naming conventions. Hint: N is for normal, these are the regular sized fonts.

Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Post by Hiki » March 30th, 2011, 6:21 pm

*does not compute*

Once my wrist stops hurting I'll be sure to get some more artwork done :D
Don't feed me violins.

JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Post by JHawkNH » April 19th, 2011, 3:40 pm

Ok, before I go any farther on this I need your opinion on something.
I am in the middle of writting the text display for the game when I decided to test the FPS on the Display() function and also with adding the text display with each frame. What I found was that adding (refreshing) the text display does not have a significantly effect the FPS, but the overall FPS of the Display() function is very low. Between 15 and 16 FPS.
While this would be terrible for animation, because this game relise on pictures and not animation, no one should notice this issue. This is the best I can do so far without useing graphic accelerators like DirectX.
Now this is running in debug mode on a 3 year old laptop at 1280X960 resolution. The preformance may increase slightly when I switch to Release mode, but I don't expect anything significant.

So here is the question, should I continue useing the existing Display() function? Or should I halt further development until I can find a way to increase the FPS?