Running Out of Time

Stories posted here will be copied to the Fan Fiction page. Please only submit your own work.
Kira
Angel
Angel

Running Out of Time

Post by Kira » November 23rd, 2009, 7:53 am

Its cold, as I run I can see my own breath in the late night sky. Its a clear black and blue night, A full white and blue moon. Time is running out. I have to run faster. I push myself to the limit. My leg is on fire, My throat dry like sand. My chest gasping for anything with oxygen. I push beyond all that. All that matters is her. Her safety. It was my fault they got to her. I curse myself several times over.

I'm jumping over cars as if they're hurtles. I have to get to her, not much time left. I'm already over the given time. I have to make it. I have to. I shut my eyes and let my instincts take over. All I feel is the cool air wisping past my face. Chilling. The cold sweat shaking my overheated body. My leg is screaming at me, my throat is coughing for thirst. Chest pounding my heart. My heart pumping overdrive. My ears are deaf from the blood collecting, I can't hear the cars honking, the people yelling to me. I don't even know how, But I'm jumping at all the right moments.

She needs me. She's waiting for me. All her faith in me. And only me. I know I'm getting closer, I jump higher then I've ever jumped, an explosion erupts underneath me. They're trying to get me, I feel a small piece of metal scape the side of my head, I feel a warm liquid beginning to slide down my face. The explosion pop my once deaf ears. I hear men yelling, “Shoot him! Don't let him near the girl!”

My arm automatically extends, I feel something long, hard, muscular in my hands, I snap it. A man screams in pain, My other hand extends and hits something softer, I feel small ivory pieces pierce my fist, He shuts up, his voice won't to be heard again. I continue to charge. I tackle into something, it feels like concrete. The Concrete picks me up and tosses me. I feel like I'm flying without the aid of wings or modern mechanics. I land, my fists and knees scraping to the asphalt. The concrete charges after me, grunting. I reach for the concrete long pole arm and twist myself around him, dragging it with me to the ground. I cross my legs around its pole arm, I hear a snap, as I stretch my body and it yelp. It doesn't move anymore.

I jump to my feet, I hear a shout, “you're too late.” I'm patting, all the running is finally starting to catch up to me. My chest chokes out blood, My ears are starting to slowly fill with blood again. I can't stop, I can't die yet. Not without her. Not until I know she's safe. I hear a 'click' And a loud 'bang' something pierces the air, its whistling, it becomes louder as I feeling the air cutting before me, I jump and swing my body over. I feel it cut my hair.

I reach into my pocket, I pull a small sharp object out. I sense he raises his eyebrow, “So you wanna go old school. Be that as it may.” I hear rustling, something metal and sharp. “Have at me, warrior.”

I charge, our metals clank and clash, I can feel heat and sparks that electrify the cool night air. He swings his body and metal, as I spar and swing my body in counter. He presses himself against a wall, kicking his leg, picking up momentum, He throws him in the air. I counter his attack. He lands behind me, I bend myself backward to swing at him, but he pars.

She lays in wait, for me, Chained. All her emotions, love, fear, terror, hope all mixed and blending together. As she is forced to watch her survivor, her guardian fight for his life, no not his life, fight for her life, at his own cost. The blood price, the oath he swore to her. Their blood pace, no, his to hers. She shuts her eyes, and smiles.

We're both at our end, My last attack got him good, and at same time, so did his. We huff and puff, blood pulsing with every puff. We slide our metals to the ground, we charge, screaming out war cry, she opens hers, she is the final witness, a tear sheds. She shuts her eyes at the final blow, she smiles, accepting her fate.
You don't see yourself clearly at all. You're not like anyone I've ever known. You Fascinate me.

Kira
Angel
Angel

Re: Running Out of Time

Post by Kira » November 23rd, 2009, 10:44 am

I stand in the hall. A long majestic golden corridor. It had been a long while, since I even stepped this far into the palace. Ashamed. My last mission, I had failed him. I swore I would never fail another again. I was once a mighty men, The elite. The three storms they called us. We were war bound, Die to the last, Only I survived. I fought a thousand men that day, and I alone lived to tell about it, My comrades, fell and I stood tall. Victorious. But in our war bounds way, to stand victorious over your fellow fallen comrades was a shame. To die with honor together. We were the elite, the best. There was no equal or no greater among us. We had no leader in our group, only an order from our king. The only one we feared. For we once planned his death, and he defeated us all with a single blow. Us the mighty men, who fight a thousand men on our own, and the king we served defeated us at once.

Over the years, our egos had grown, we would wonder why serve a man, when we fought and watched our fellow weaker comrade fall by the sword, we had heard stories of our kings, and we thought exactly that, only stories. He was unarmed, no where near prepared for us, yet at the same time it seemed as if he knew of our betrayal. He spared us, knowing, understanding that our ego would grow, he rode into battle with us, we each can kill a thousand men. He killed ten thousand single-handedly. He was exhausted, but he did not lay down his sword until the final enemy was destroyed. The horn of victory blew. Even then He still waited before finally relaxing. We finally understood what kind of man he was.

I was called into the chamber of this throne room. As a entered, I humbled myself, I did not flex my muscle as I would with any other. He was a great man, a man to be truly respected. I bowed even lower to him, to show where my loyalty and alliance stood. He motioned to his right, There I saw her for the first time. His daughter. It was my chance to prove myself. At first, I thought, Babysitting duty.

At first I did not notice her nor her beauty, All I cared about was redeeming myself, becoming the warrior I once was. It was not until that day. She was walking alone in her forest, I wasn't paying attention, Who would dare to step in the king's forest. The metal armed man captured her, but she was not completely afraid, yes she feared for her life, she did not wish to die so young, so soon. She actually put up a fight against him. I caught her and gently laid her on the tall green grassy field. I challenged the metal arm man. He put up quite a fight, but at last his arm was his only source for his strength, once I disabled him, that was the end of him.

I Stood there watching her, she had witness the whole thing, her eyes fixed onto me. I reached my arm for her, and instead of filching away like a normal person, she took it in her hand with full trust and faith, she trusted me enough where to prove my loyalty to her, I was the only man who could draw his sword and place it to her neck and not once did she ever flinch.

It was raining, we were riding on my horse racing through the field and she stopped me, she took me to her spot, a tree that protected her from the rain, and there I made my pledge to her, Our blood pack. I would give my life to save her, that my final breath was to ensure that she lived. And if there be a treat, it would be my hands that choked out his final life breath.

We embraced. And held each other in the rain. The heat from our bodies warming each other. Her sweet strawberry scent, it vexed me in so many ways. I had to stay true and noble, but it was hard, being around her. She looked into my eyes and cursed me, calling me her, Guardian angel. She placed her rose petal lips to my rough, dry lips and sealed our fate with a kiss.
You don't see yourself clearly at all. You're not like anyone I've ever known. You Fascinate me.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » November 24th, 2009, 4:50 pm

Very interesting.......... dark idea though
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Kira
Angel
Angel

Post by Kira » November 25th, 2009, 12:05 am

lol, I think thats all that's left are dark ideas in my head.

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Post by Zeratul2k » November 25th, 2009, 5:22 am

As I began reading this, my music player started playing Furious Angels by Rob Dougan. Perfect song for this, I tell you!
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph... because good is DUMB!

Kira
Angel
Angel

Post by Kira » November 25th, 2009, 5:37 am

I was actually listening to Hearing Damage by thom yorke when I was writing it. Just listened to furious angel, wow that does work!