Frozen - Prologue

Moderator: Zeratul2k

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Re: Frozen - Prologue

Post by Zeratul2k » September 11th, 2008, 8:10 pm

William: Thanks...

* William took the plate from her and patted next to him. *

William: Come on, sit here with me for a while.
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph... because good is DUMB!

Raine
Angel
Angel

Post by Raine » September 11th, 2008, 9:06 pm

*Hayley smile at him as she sat beside him*

Hayley:what are you thinking?
"As far as I'm concerned, if something is so complicated that you can't explain it in 10 seconds, then it's probably not worth knowing anyway

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Post by Zeratul2k » September 11th, 2008, 9:11 pm

William: I'm thinking... about what to do.

* William took a few bites from the food Hayley had brought him, but he still wasn't feeling like eating. *

William: I mean, Dr. Vance wants to go back to our time to try and stop the nuclear war... but I don't really know what to do. Even if we go back, what could we do to stop it? Wouldn't it be better to stay in this time and enjoy what life we have left?
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph... because good is DUMB!

Raine
Angel
Angel

Post by Raine » September 11th, 2008, 9:15 pm

*Hayley look at william angrily*

Hayley:what are you saying??!!look around you...look how many of them is struggling...for these people if they could turn back time they wouldn't think twice....if we can go back to our time then we can save this world...at least we know their is a possibility....for Rhea to see David to save David...so don't say these mean things...
"As far as I'm concerned, if something is so complicated that you can't explain it in 10 seconds, then it's probably not worth knowing anyway

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Post by Zeratul2k » September 11th, 2008, 9:21 pm

* William stared at the night sky for a minute then looked at her and smiled. *

William: I guess you're right, yeah... Let's try to go back, then.

* William took another bite from the plate, then put it aside. *

William: But now I can't help but wonder how we'll do that. We'll have to depend on Dr. Vance, I guess.

* He laughed and looked at the sky again, leaning on the wall behind him. *

Raine
Angel
Angel

Post by Raine » September 11th, 2008, 9:27 pm

*Hayley smile at william*

Hayley:i guess...

Rhea:Ahem!20 minutes pass by...

*Hayley look to where Rhea lean against the wall glaring at William she smile and wave goodbye at will*

Hayley:nice talking to you...goodnight

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Post by Zeratul2k » September 12th, 2008, 5:47 pm

William: 'night!

* William stayed there a few more minutes then walked back inside the living quarters. He went towards Eli and sat in front of him. *

William: Talk to me, doc. What have you found?

Eli: Nothing much, really. Most of these are history books, so I haven't really found anything useful for us.

William: I see...

Eli: Time travel SHOULD be possible. One of the other scientist in our team was looking into it before... well, THIS happened.

William: Can't you look into his research?

Eli: I would need to find it first, but after more than 1000 years... I'm afraid it's next to impossible...

William: I see... well, I saw some equipment in the cargo area in pretty good shape. I'm gonna check it out tomorrow, see if I can get something you can work with.

Eli: You never told me what studies you have.

William: I'm an engineer, doc. Let's hope that can come in handy.

* William stood up and walked away, saying good night to everyone in the room. He went to one of the bunks and quickly fell asleep. *

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » September 13th, 2008, 2:02 am

*Jim looked over the top of the book an hovercraft design he was reading. Time travel? They were dreaming, there was no way they were going back to the past. Sure, Einstein's theories left some loopholes to speculate about. But to travel back you would need a wormhole through space-time, you would have to reverse the flow of Tachyons, that would take more energy than the entire universe. And if you could go back, what would happen to this time.... this future has already happened, you can't just hope to go back and undo it. The only way you can move in time is forward, just as they had, suspended in time. Jim shook his head, the young are to impulsive, put their hopes in impossible dreams. They should concentrate on learning to live with the future they have for themselves.*
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Post by Zeratul2k » September 14th, 2008, 5:22 pm

* A man with binoculars scanned the horizon and stopped in some moving lights. He tried to focus on it but it was too far away. He took the intercom and rang the bridge. *

Scout: Captain! Unidentified ship 1 click west from our position and moving away!

* In the bridge, the captain smiled as he turned towards the helmsman. *

Captain: You heard him, lads! Let's follow her and attack at dawn!

* The next day, William woke up early and went to check what Avan's crew had salvaged from the installation. The outsides of the equipment looked in good condition (considering the time that had passed), but the insides were a whole different history. Most of the circuit boards where either rotten or burned. William took a burned circuit board and held it up against the sun, examining it while wondering what could have burned it like that. Suddenly, someone took the board from him. *

???: What do you think you're doing?

* William turned to see a woman on her mid-thirties, wearing dirty overalls, heavy work gloves and looking at him angrily. *

William: I'm just trying to see what of this can be of use...

???: Oh, so you're a Tinkerer...

William: A what?

???: A tinkerer! One who builds stuff using Ancient Technology.

* William raised an eyebrow while thinking. Well, he was an engineer from 1000 years ago so... *

William: I guess you can call me that. I'm William, nice to meet you.

* The woman examined him for a minute, then returned the board and turned around. *

Aimi: I'm Aimi, the mechanic of this ship. Good luck with whatever you're doing.

* William watched her walk away towards the bridge. Didn't saw her yesterday... I wonder if there are any more crew members that we still don't know... Meanwhile on the bridge, Avan looked at the dust cloud moving towards them through a pair of binoculars. *

Avan: ... Can't see any marks yet... how far are we from the sea?

Baran: Around 20 clicks.

Avan: Push the engines. I don't like how that's looking.

Baran: I'm already doing that but we are carrying too much weight...

* Suddenly, a screw flew from the back of the bridge towards Baran's head. As Baran and Avan turned to see who threw it, Aimi was already climbing down and yelling at him. *

Aimi: Stop redlining the engines, you brute! I don't want to fix them again for the fourth time this month!

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » September 14th, 2008, 11:09 pm

*Jim woke up in the comfortable chair he had fallen asleep in, the manual of hovercraft design still on his lap. But now the hovercraft felt different. The amazingly quiet engines were definitely louder than last night. Jim got up and placed a hand on the wall. Their advances in hydrogen fuel cells and hybrid hydrogen electric turbines was very interesting, but it was still very much like the jet turbines Jim had spent so may years working with. It was something years of experience had taught him, he could feel the tension in the metal. Jim could sense that the engines were staining at their limits, and that they weren't happy.....*

*Jim found his way to the bridge. He wasn't sure if it was going to get him in trouble or not, but he'd at least try. Jim Heard the comment the woman made to the big man Baran.*

Jim: I think you should listen to what she says, or in a few minutes you're going to loose an engine.

*Heads snapped around to look at the newcomer. Aimi stepped up and looked Jim in the eye. Jim could see anger in those hazel eyes.*

Aimi: And what would you know about it? My engines don't fail.

Jim: I may be new to your time, but I've had a lot of experience with turbines, and one of the engines on the left side doesn't feel right, the hot section could be tightening up. *Jim tried to smile, to maybe disarm her anger.*

Aimi snorted: Right, I suppose your a empath for hover engines..... *Laughs and turns to a display on the console.* Where did Avan find you?

*Aimi switched through several displays...... she looked back at Jim, then back at the display.*

Aimi: Damn, Baran, number three is running to hot, you have to cut back or it'll burn up.

Baran: Right, should I shut it down?

*Jim stood next to Aimi, looking at her displays.*

Jim,quietly: You could have him back off three by twenty percent and see if it comes down any.

Aimi: Pull three back about a quarter, balance it with one and two, we'll see what happens.

*Aimi looked over at Jim, the strange old guy knew engines. Where DID Avan find this guy?
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.