Tourist facilities

Discussion about games, books, movies, and your favorite songs.
debbin01
New User

Tourist facilities

Post by debbin01 » April 3rd, 2010, 9:33 am

Kovalam has three crescent shaped beaches separated by rocky outcroppings. Shallow waters stretching for hundreds of metres are ideal for swimming. The beaches have steep palm covered headlands and are lined with shops that offer all kinds of goods and services.

The larger of the beaches is called Light House Beach for its 35 metre high light house which towers over it atop Kurumkal hillock. The second largest one is Hawah Beach named thus for the topless European women who used to throng there. It was the first topless beach in India. Topfree bathing and parading is banned now except in private coves owned by resorts. Visitors frequent these two beaches. The northern part of the beach is known as Samudra Beach in tourism parlance. A large promontory separates this part from the southern side. Samudra Beach doesn't have tourists thronging there or hectic business. The local fishermen ply their trade on this part. The sands on the beaches in Kovalam are partially black in colour due to the presence of ilmenite and thorazite. The normal tourist season is from September to May.

There are a large number of Kovalam beach resorts in and around Kovalam. The sea port of Vizhinjam is about 3 km away and famous for its special varieties of fish, old Hindu temples, big churches and a mosque. The Proposed International Trans shipment Terminal at Vizhinjam is also close to Kovalam.

Kovalam was among the most prominent tourist spots in India during the hippy era. It still has a high status among tourists, who arrive mostly from Europe and Israel. Kovalam is finding a new significance in the light of several Ayurvedic salons, and recuperation and regeneration resorts which provide a wide variety of Ayurvedic treatments for tourists.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Re: Tourist facilities

Post by Sakura » April 3rd, 2010, 7:43 pm

This might be a shameless advertising but I like the image. You won't find any happiness with Google though, our links have a "rel="noindex"" thingy on them.
I'll keep it here. Everyone fine with that?
What do you call a dinosaur with an extended vocabulary? A thesaurus.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » April 3rd, 2010, 10:41 pm

Fine, pretty pict, but India is one of the last places I want to go.
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Kira
Angel
Angel

Post by Kira » April 3rd, 2010, 11:55 pm

Pssh, I rather press my luck with India than, Mexico right now. Good Lord!
You don't see yourself clearly at all. You're not like anyone I've ever known. You Fascinate me.

Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Post by Hiki » April 4th, 2010, 11:09 am

It really is a pretty picture :love:
Don't feed me violins.

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Post by Zeratul2k » April 4th, 2010, 5:38 pm

With the costs of the tickets alone, I can buy me a new car instead...
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph... because good is DUMB!

JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Post by JHawkNH » April 12th, 2010, 4:21 pm

I've seen better beaches. And I mean within the last week. :gg:
Pictures coming soon.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.