Art Lesson

Have a seat at the fireplace. Free cookies for everyone!
Raine
Angel
Angel

Re: Art Lesson

Post by Raine » July 18th, 2007, 3:20 pm

Body please!!!
"As far as I'm concerned, if something is so complicated that you can't explain it in 10 seconds, then it's probably not worth knowing anyway

JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Post by JHawkNH » July 18th, 2007, 7:00 pm

Chibis!!!
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Post by Hiki » July 18th, 2007, 7:59 pm

Body (because Raine was first).
The most efficient way (I think) is sketching the body before putting on clothes or whatever. What I do is this: I draw on oval for the upperbody and then put circles where the arms are attached. Then I draw the upper arms and draw another circle for the elbow. Then draw the rest of the arm and draw a simple oval for the hands (it's a sketch after all). Then I draw the hips and and legs (the same as the arms only then the circle is the knee ^^). For feet I usually use some ovals as well in the sketch form. Then I erase the circles that aren't needed anymore (especially elbows and knees) which makes it easier to see the outer lines (else I get confused... >.<). Then I just draw on it whatever I want.
Remember that you don't make the arms and legs too long. If you're not sure, ask somebody to pose or look in a mirror.

Chibis
The chibi head is basically the same as a normal character only then with more rounder shapes. With a normal character you have a tip as chin, but with a chibi you can disregard that tip and make it a little rounder. The most of a chibis head is filled up by the eyes. They only have a small nose that's usually just a small dot or stripe. The ears are very round. The hands of a chibi are simplefied, with chubby fingers. Everything is basically simplefied, so when you draw clothes, make sure there are not too many folds (you don't have to draw folds if you don't want to). The feet/shoes are usually just ovals.

I hope this helps a bit.
Don't feed me violins.

Freya
Otaku Leader
Otaku Leader

Post by Freya » July 18th, 2007, 9:26 pm

yeah. chibi are cute and super easy ^^ there's a great site i know of for detailed pictures of said descriptions..not to overshadow hiki of course. cause we like advice from friends more than advice from strangers ^^
“Here’s the thing… I’ve already gone crazy once. I know what my limits are.” ~ Bella Swan

Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Post by Hiki » July 18th, 2007, 9:35 pm

you should post the site.. at least everyone knows what to do then ^^ I can't explain things with words.. I usually draw the explenation. Tomoyo knows more than anyone.. I drew an explenation of Chrno Crusade >.< It was very.... ...artistic.
Don't feed me violins.

Freya
Otaku Leader
Otaku Leader

Post by Freya » July 18th, 2007, 9:40 pm

“Here’s the thing… I’ve already gone crazy once. I know what my limits are.” ~ Bella Swan

Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Post by Hiki » July 18th, 2007, 9:45 pm

That's so much easier. Why did I have to make an art lesson thread again???
Don't feed me violins.

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Post by Zeratul2k » July 18th, 2007, 10:15 pm

Because we like reading from the source, I guess?

Also, past few posts reminded me of this image I found blocking one of my internet tubes a long time ago:

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph... because good is DUMB!

Freya
Otaku Leader
Otaku Leader

Post by Freya » July 19th, 2007, 5:08 am

arigatou gozaimasu! i've always found that chart very helpful! luckily i now own the book ^.' lol. but it's good you guys have that now as well! ^^

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » July 10th, 2010, 9:07 pm

Hey Z2K purrhaps you get the hands ready on Wednesday, three years after? :gg: :gg:
Annoying members with rotten old posts... fun times :meh:
What do you call a dinosaur with an extended vocabulary? A thesaurus.