Retards online

Have a seat at the fireplace. Free cookies for everyone!
Sakura
Resident Kitty

Retards online

Post by Sakura » October 3rd, 2009, 7:04 pm

No I'm not talking about americans. This time it's Europeans who are gladly paying 6 times a fee just to talk in their silly languages. It's hard being limited to your native language.

So I was looking for a new online game. Didn't find one though. So I checked Lord of the Rings. Logged into my old account and tried to grab a new game client and purrrhaps a prive for the newest add-on. The original LotRO is already activated, so all I need is the expansion, and EUR 12.99 monthly fee.

European account for the first month: EUR 29.99 + EUR 12.99 = EUR 42.98 or ~ US$ 62.

Then I checked the version offered by Turbine in the US. Because I hate silly germans who talk in a retarded small-brainer version of our language and always demand to use Teamspeak which never worked for me anyways. I need the main game AND the expansion to play here because I have to activate a new account. They're selling the game plus 30 days free game time plus 10 days free game time (trial) for US$ 9.99 as a digital download. One extra month of gameplay is US$ 12.99. which currently is EUR 8.90.

US account: US$ 9.99 = EUR 6.84

Now compare US$ 9.99 to US$ 62...

*flips out her credit card*
What do you call a dinosaur with an extended vocabulary? A thesaurus.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Re: Retards online

Post by Sakura » October 3rd, 2009, 7:06 pm

Oh, I furrrgot to mention that the US version has 40 days game time included while the european version only has one month (31 days in October)

Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Post by Hiki » October 3rd, 2009, 7:11 pm

Shpffffff! That's silly...
I wouldn't be able to limit myself to my native language DX
Europe sucks when it comes to online games then...
Don't feed me violins.

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Post by Zeratul2k » October 3rd, 2009, 7:44 pm

Sakura wrote:Then I checked the version offered by Turbine in the US. Because I hate silly germans who talk in a retarded small-brainer version of our language and always demand to use Teamspeak which never worked for me anyways.
Funny, I think the same about the latin-american online games community. Just last night I was on NavyField, sinking ships with three times the tonnage of mine (those IJN torpedoes ROCK), and there was this group of Chileans arguing with a group of Peruans. Now, nothing weird here, since Peruans and Chileans have never gotten along too well, but the subject of the discussion was just plain silly: "Is pisco a Chilean or Peruan drink?" Of course, while they were busy arguing, the rest of the team where taking heavy hits from the enemy's carrier and battleships. I took it upon myself to sink them all (the arguing dudes, not the battleships) and even though I had to TK two of them, the rest of the teams (BOTH teams) cheered me on.
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph... because good is DUMB!

Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Post by Hiki » October 3rd, 2009, 8:10 pm

GO YOU :thumb:

But, what does "TK" mean?
Don't feed me violins.

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Post by Zeratul2k » October 3rd, 2009, 9:11 pm

TK = Team Killing. It's when you kill someone that's on your own team.
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph... because good is DUMB!

Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Post by Hiki » October 3rd, 2009, 9:32 pm

Aaaaah! I'm such a noob when it comes to abbreviations :shy:
Don't feed me violins.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » October 3rd, 2009, 10:07 pm

I enjoy games with Co-op mode more than PvP. I remember me and a friend defending a town in Warcraft for hours against a computer with almost unlimited resources.

I have to wait for the download to finish the tutorial quests. Level 8 already...
And I already found a ring... I bet it's The One Ring... hm or purrhaps it's The Other Ring?