Ghosties and Things That Go Bump in the Night...

Have a seat at the fireplace. Free cookies for everyone!
Dinky
Otaku Maniac
Otaku Maniac

Ghosties and Things That Go Bump in the Night...

Post by Dinky » September 25th, 2009, 8:18 pm

K, people. It's almost Halloween, and as per usual, I'm getting the cravings for some good goosebump raising ghost stories!!!!! Lay 'em on me and make me happy!
Please?
.....sometimes you have to lose your mind to find it......

Dinky
Otaku Maniac
Otaku Maniac

Re: Ghosties and Things That Go Bump in the Night...

Post by Dinky » September 25th, 2009, 8:30 pm

Hm, maybe I should start?
Shortly over a year ago, we (very, very sadly) had to put our precious cat Skitty (short for Schizophrenia) to sleep. Kurt and I always catch glimpses of her out of the corners of our eyes- but only in our house in Mankato. We thought nothing of it- just that we were so used to seeing her. After all, we'd had her for over 8 years.
However, one evening, one of Kurt's students came to our house to pick something up. Koen was in his crib upstairs asleep, and I was at work. The student sat down on our couch in the living room while Kurt went downstairs to get what he needed. When Kurt came back upstairs, the student said: "I didn't know you had a cat! Man, it's fat!"
Kurt, confused, said: "We don't have a cat. We haven't had one for months!"
The student went on to describe Skitty in perfect detail, and said he'd watched the cat come down the upstairs stairs, saunter through the living room and dining room and turn into the kitchen heading toward the basement stairs. Kurt came up moments later, so he should've seen the cat. Needless to say, despite having the cat described as exactly Skitty, Kurt searched the house in case a strange cat had somehow gotten into our house. Nothing.
Several months later, a similar thing occurred. I was at work, Koen was sleeping in his crib, and two of Kurt's students came over to get something they needed for school. They sat on the couch as Kurt went downstairs to get what they needed, and when he came back up, the two of them commented on how fat our cat was. After being told that we had no cat, both of them described the cat as looking exactly like Skitty (whom they had never known existed), and that the cat had come down the upstairs stairs, walked through the living room where they were seated, through the dining room, and into the kitchen, heading for the basement stairs. Once again, they were sure Kurt would've seen the cat as he was coming up from the basement.
Strange, eh?
Well, this past July, as the three of us were about to leave for our week-long vacation at the lake, I was standing in our porched, finishing packing the last bits. Koen was playing in the porch with me, and the front door was already locked. I stood up and looked through the front door windows and saw Skitty hop down from the upstairs stairs, walk a few feet into the living room, sit down and look right at me. I looked back at her, immediately thinking "oh, did I leave out enough food and water for her?" Just then, Koen threw something, so I glanced over at him. Suddenly I realized that I SHOULDN'T have been seeing my cat that had been dead for over a year, so I looked back quickly. Of course, she was gone. But I saw her- and not just for a second!! It was at least 20-30 seconds that I was looking at her.
So... we apparently have a ghost cat! We're waiting to see if our renters catch a glimpse of her!

Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Post by Hiki » September 25th, 2009, 9:02 pm

Oh my gosh, a ghost cat!!! O__O

I don't really have any scary stories... Though I do have a story from a friend of mine..

She has this figurine and sometimes it would be standing up and sometimes it would have fallen over and be lying down. Then the next time she would look at it, it would be standing up again, without anyone touching it. It also seemed to have moved a little further towards the end of the shelf it was on... O_O She has a possessed figurine D:
Don't feed me violins.

Devynne
Dedicated Fan
Dedicated Fan

Post by Devynne » September 26th, 2009, 8:50 am

Creepy.... I have a little song-ish/story thing called Ten little Killers.

Ten little killers go out to play. One goes to jail.
Nine little killers go out to play. One gets killed.
Eight little killers go out to play. One gets sick and is wheeled away.
Seven little killers go out to play. One robs a bank and runs on to a place.
Six little killers go out to play. One goes down an alley and the other were smart to stay at bay.
Five little killers go out to play. One falls off a building during the day.
Four little killers go out to play. One gives up and goes back home.
Three little killers go out to play. One goes far far away.
Two little killers go out to play. One goes home. He commits suicide but his family didn't even care.
One little killer is left to play. He walks up behind you and makes you stay...... forever and ever and ever.

Happy Holloween! Don't get killed!

Just came to mind.
When all you have left is LOVE that's all you'll need.<3

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » September 29th, 2009, 2:48 am

And such a nicely warped mind it is............ :}

Dinky must have picked up her psychic abilities from her mom. I never see ghosts, or have such experiences. Well, we do have doors that open themselves here. Dinky probably remembers. the living room closet, and the door to upstairs. You can make sure they are securely closed, yet, they will unlatch and open by themselves.
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » September 29th, 2009, 7:47 pm

Hm and you call that a ghost?

We call that a "burglar" :pat:
What do you call a dinosaur with an extended vocabulary? A thesaurus.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » September 30th, 2009, 1:29 am

If it is, he's invisible.
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Post by JHawkNH » September 30th, 2009, 4:49 pm

Cool. You have a cat ninja burgler. I want one.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Dinky
Otaku Maniac
Otaku Maniac

Post by Dinky » September 30th, 2009, 5:15 pm

Yes- I remember those doors. I also vividly remember telling you about the man walking up and down the stairs. I couldn't see him, but his footsteps would keep me awake!
And remember those long nights when I wouldn't go to sleep because I was seeing a line of red, glowing balls twisting and floating around my bedroom. Mom never came up to try to get me back to sleep- you always did. Wonder if she'd come if she would've seen them, too.
Our house in MN also has an unseen footstep person. The third night we were in our house, I couldn't sleep. I looked at the clock, and it was 3:58am, then lay back down. A second later, I was sitting bolt upright with my hair standing on end, because some woman had shouted "help!" very loudly in our living room! I know it was inside, because it echoed weirdly in our mostly empty house. And it was still 3:58. I woke Kurt up and dragged him downstairs, convinced that there had been an accident or someone was hurt, and this woman and come into our house looking for help! Of course, there was nobody inside or outside of the house.
Several months after that, I was home alone, eating lunch and watching a movie in our basement. It was around 1:30pm, and I was waiting to leave for work at 2:30. Suddenly, I hear our front door open (which is a very loud door), and heavy footsteps going right overhead in the living room, heading into the dining room. Thinking it was Kurt, I called out to him to see why he was home, but he didn't answer. I paused the movie and started heading up the stairs, still calling out to Kurt. I heard the footsteps go back through the living room and up the upstairs stairs. As I came upstairs and came through the dining room heading toward the living room, I heard running footsteps pounding back down the upstairs stairs, through the porch, and I came around into the living room in time to see the screen door swing open and shut! Needless to say, I thought it was someone who shouldn't have been in my house and ran to the front door- no one ANYWHERE to be seen. The neighbors dogs also weren't barking, which is odd because they bark at EVERYONE. Even their owners. So, I took off into the backyard, again, no one anywhere. And I reached the screen door about 3 seconds after it swung shut. A person wouldn't have had the time to hide or run far enough that I wouldn't have seen them. I was SO glad to go to work that day!
Then, it happened again this summer! I was in the basement, folding laundry. Koen and Kurt were both gone, but I thought our friend Mark might show up sometime. So I didn't think anything odd when I heard someone come in through the back door and into the kitchen- which is directly above the laundry rooom. May I add that all our floors are hardwood and extremely old and squeaky? My toddler can't take a step without making them creak. At any rate, it was definitely a man's footsteps, wearing heavy boots like Mark wears. Naturally, I called out to him, but he didn't answer. I needed to talk to Mark about something, so I quickly came through the basement- still hearing the footsteps- and up the basement stairs. I could hear the steps going from the kitchen into the dining room as I turned the landing and bounded up the last 3 steps, still calling to Mark. The steps went into the dining room, and then abruptly stopped! Thinking I somehow didn't hear him go through the living room and out the porch, I ran to the front door. No Mark, no cars, no ANYBODY. Thinking, oh maybe I just heard the steps funny and he actually went out the back, I quickly ran to the backyard. Again, nobody. Mark drives a loud sportscar, and when he's not using that, he rides a Ducati. Those things are NOISY and we have a quiet neighborhood. Again, no barking dogs. Mark showed up about an hour later, and told me he hadn't been around yet that day.
Kurt told me sheepishly once when I was angry about him always having people over when I was at work that he sometimes heard footsteps in the house that shouldn't be there. If someone was over, he didn't hear them and have to search the house for someone who wasn't there!

Devynne
Dedicated Fan
Dedicated Fan

Post by Devynne » October 1st, 2009, 3:05 am

Creepy. Maybe the ghosts are following you?......
When all you have left is LOVE that's all you'll need.<3