Egg collection

Have a seat at the fireplace. Free cookies for everyone!
Sakura
Resident Kitty

Egg collection

Post by Sakura » April 19th, 2009, 3:38 pm

I love these holiday events of Final Fantasy XI. This easter they have added alot of furniture for our Mog Houses, namely decorative eggs (see picture).

Every game day you get one random lettered egg from your favorite Moogle. The egg has printed a random letter from A-Z on it. You need to collect three eggs in a row, starting with the first letter of your own name. So, if your name is "Lucyfur" you need to get the eggs "L", "M", and "N" to receive an egg helm.

When done with the helm you need the "seven of a kind", which is any letter of the alphabet x 7. You receive a 'Fortune egg'. After that you need to give the Moogle "initial straight eight". Here you need 8 eggs in a row starting with the first letter of your name (Lucy = "LMNOPQRS"). Happ egg.

For the next egg you need to spell the weekday: Orphic egg.

For my mog house I got one egg for every of the four nations in the game: Lamp Egg for Bastok, Flower egg for Windurst (my home town), Wing egg for Sand'oria, and a Jeweled egg for Jeuno.

Having these four you can get 5 more items by giving the Moogle eggs for the first 5 characters of a region owned by any of the nations resulting in aHatchling egg (Windurst), a Melodious egg (Sand'oria), or Clockwork egg (Bastok). You can also get a cute lamp after getting all the items. Giving these 5 to your Moogle she will combine them into a large 'egg buffet' which you can see behind all the eggs. You get a large lightning based attack bonus for having this item up in your Mog House.

All these furniture eggs have a special function: The Lamp egg is lit (duh!) the flower egg is fluorescing. The Windurstian winged egg is making monster noises every full hour. Kinda creepy >.<
Of course the clock egg is showing the exact in-game time. The jeweled egg is shifting colors , the melodious egg is playing a tune every 6 hours.

My Mog House is quite lively right now :love:

If anyone decides to give FF XI a try, I'm still playing the Midgardsormr server under name of Oldwrench's cat Lucyfur. :thumb:
Attachments
All easter eggs 2009
All easter eggs 2009
What do you call a dinosaur with an extended vocabulary? A thesaurus.

Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Re: Egg collection

Post by Hiki » April 19th, 2009, 4:31 pm

The eggs are very pretty :love:
Don't feed me violins.

JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Post by JHawkNH » April 20th, 2009, 7:13 pm

That is really cool. It is nice to see that they add things to the game every once in a while to keep things interesting.
To bad real life wasn't like that.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Post by Hiki » April 20th, 2009, 8:26 pm

You're absolutely right... Real life is actually quite boring :swt:
Don't feed me violins.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » April 20th, 2009, 11:39 pm

But the graphics and sound is great! :pat:

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » April 20th, 2009, 11:55 pm

Until you get to my age, then it isn't so good anymore.

By the way, because of the structure of the receptors in the human eye, we only see at a resolution of about one megapixel. Our brain can do a lot better job of interpolating than any computer can.
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » April 21st, 2009, 8:36 am

My framerate is above 100 frames per second. Also the resolution at the center of your view is increadibly good. Which is your point of interest.

I'm using a 4 megapixel camera to print 10x15 and 13x18 photos without a problem. Resolution is completely overrated which is very likely a mareting strategy of a few big companies.