Obama

Have a seat at the fireplace. Free cookies for everyone!
Sakura
Resident Kitty

Obama

Post by Sakura » January 26th, 2009, 12:14 pm

I'm impressed so far.
What do you call a dinosaur with an extended vocabulary? A thesaurus.

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Re: Obama

Post by Zeratul2k » January 26th, 2009, 6:30 pm

I'll give him a month or two before making any comments.
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph... because good is DUMB!

Dechant
Dedicated Fan
Dedicated Fan

Post by Dechant » January 26th, 2009, 6:36 pm

I know there are US people who are against his decision to close Guantánamo, and they are also against his plan to end the American war in Iraq, but outside of the US I'm sure almost everyone supports him for now. He can't change the USA though, he won't get rid of that terrorist group called CIA, he won't get rid of that US military power which is there not to preserve peace but to start and fight wars, he's not changing the USA into Swiss, but his first actions show that he's at least doing something to the favour of the USA and the world. It might be tough to deal with the financial crisis in the USA though, that's what should be most important to Americans now.

Do Americans love a president who uses diplomatic ways to prevent or solve conflicts, or do they love a "strong" president who takes action fast and pulls the gun as soon as possible, or sooner? Sadly, I think they love a strong president. :/

Dinky
Otaku Maniac
Otaku Maniac

Post by Dinky » January 27th, 2009, 3:48 am

Except that Bush's ratings were some of the lowest ever...
I'm all for Obama fixing up the US's image abroad. I'd like to be able to travel without getting spit on. :swt:
.....sometimes you have to lose your mind to find it......

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » January 27th, 2009, 10:09 am

That could happen. The spitting anyways. For half a century the world was spitting on germans: look at these damn Nazis who killed millions in WWII. Now that Bush was in place, we're second place. Thanks USA :pif:
I read Guantanamo is gone?
The US might have a chance to sign the Kyoto protocol?
Perhaps not store every foreigners personal data for 70 years after their death in some uncontrolled file by the NSA?
If these three happen I might try not to spit on your president. Send Bush instead.
What do you call a dinosaur with an extended vocabulary? A thesaurus.

Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Post by Hiki » January 27th, 2009, 6:12 pm

Well, we should probably thank Bush. If he hadn't screwed up (no offense meant to anyone), Obama would have probably never become president... :ho:
Don't feed me violins.

agito_0291
Full Time Otaku
Full Time Otaku

Post by agito_0291 » January 28th, 2009, 5:59 am

Zeratul2k wrote:I'll give him a month or two before making any comments.
I'm with you on this one Z2k. I really hope he will be a great president but only time will tell...

JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Post by JHawkNH » January 28th, 2009, 6:20 pm

agito_0291 wrote:
Zeratul2k wrote:I'll give him a month or two before making any comments.
I'm with you on this one Z2k. I really hope he will be a great president but only time will tell...
You can add me to this list. He hasn't actually had time to do anything yet, so I have no opion of him one way or the other.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » January 30th, 2009, 4:02 am

We'll see what the next four years bring. At least he is trying to get some things done. Closing Guantanamo prison is a start,........ that should have been done with years ago. There are other things he's done, both that I agree with and disagree with, only time will tell if he is right. My biggest disappointment is in some moral issues, but then, I guess we have different moral codes.
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Dinky
Otaku Maniac
Otaku Maniac

Post by Dinky » February 2nd, 2009, 3:24 am

Same-O here. But heck, I'd hate to be in that poor man's shoes. Having to fix up the USA's image after it's been pulled through the crapper? Trying to stem the Depression that's threatening to overtake our economy? That poor man's going to have a rough four years. :sob:
.....sometimes you have to lose your mind to find it......