good things

Have a seat at the fireplace. Free cookies for everyone!
oldwrench
Ojiichan

Re: good things

Post by oldwrench » December 6th, 2017, 1:39 am

Ok, Porco Roso
DSCF6326.JPG
DSCF6327.JPG
DSCF6329.JPG
And his rival, Curtis
DSCF6331.JPG
DSCF6332.JPG
DSCF6333.JPG
And I have nearly finished Big O, I need to touch up some paint and paint the figure of Roger
DSCF6319.JPG
DSCF6322.JPG
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » December 6th, 2017, 10:40 am

Yes you're an otaku and have to re-watch Genshiken episode 8 :gg:

I found something really disturbing: Grave of the fireflies in GERMAN language. Have you ever heared of such nonsense? The voice actors are awful. I really pity our kids :sob:
What do you call a dinosaur with an extended vocabulary? A thesaurus.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » December 6th, 2017, 10:42 am

You only lack the energy to enthusiastically try every single app on your phone with your friends and keep those you can use best.

There's a school around the corner and every day I see the students standing around in small groups, quietly, busy texting with their phones. Hmm :hmm:

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » December 6th, 2017, 9:48 pm

I drive down the highway and see drivers texting......... not a good thing.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » December 30th, 2017, 5:05 am

Just got my shipment of anime from rightstuf. I ordered a bunch on sale. Now I just need time to watch it. Maybe I;ll get to watch a bunch over the winter.

My son got me a drone for Christmas, it's really neat. It has a streaming video camera that streams to your phone. I've tried to fly it in the house, to cold outside, some interesting crashes, and a couple interested cats. Just don't want to cut off any curious noses. I got a few of the metal earth models to build too. One is a dragon, it looks very challenging and very cool.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » January 14th, 2018, 7:21 am

I finished my Tachicoma model. now I started on the metal dragon. I hope I can do a good job on it. It's pretty difficult, but looks cool so far.

I was able to get my drone to hover for a short time in my basement room. Problem is, I get it up to high and run into the ceiling, then it get's turned and out of shape and I can't control it.

I've been ripping some of my anime and putting it on my tablet to take on my trip. It's a lot better than the movies on the airplane.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » January 14th, 2018, 10:09 am

oldwrench wrote: December 6th, 2017, 9:48 pm I drive down the highway and see drivers texting......... not a good thing.
This is a forbidden by law in the EU and will make you lose your driver's license after the third offense. It also applies to byciclers but not to pedestrians. I see people crossing the street while texting, many of them mindlessly crossing the street without looking to the left nor right. Now imagine cars with electric drive... shhhhht instead of vroooom :omg:

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » January 14th, 2018, 10:11 am

oldwrench wrote: January 14th, 2018, 7:21 am I finished my Tachicoma model. now I started on the metal dragon.
Ah you're starting an Olray Dragon? :gg: I will tell him so he can charge you the licensing fee :ho:

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » January 14th, 2018, 10:17 am

oldwrench wrote: January 14th, 2018, 7:21 am I've been ripping some of my anime and putting it on my tablet to take on my trip. It's a lot better than the movies on the airplane.
Plex on QNAP is totally great for this purrrpose. You can place all series into subdirectories and it will (when purroperly named) download the metadata, including voice actors and cover images. There are finally apps for streaming films to iPad, Android, Windows phone, Playstation, XBOX, and many more. If you want to stream you need to pay a small monthly fee or buy the server. You can then add up to 15 users to your server! :love:
http://www.plex.tv

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » January 14th, 2018, 8:06 pm

I have dvd-fab. It rips anything I put in there and converts it to mp4 for my android tablet. All one operation.... neat.

texting while driving is illegal here too, but since when does that stop anyone? Electric cars are too quiet, there is a proposal to require sound generators in electric cars to warn pedestrians.