good things

Have a seat at the fireplace. Free cookies for everyone!
oldwrench
Ojiichan

Re: good things

Post by oldwrench » December 30th, 2008, 5:43 pm

I find it more fun seeing if people like what you got them, than in getting something. Especially the grandkids, they're just getting old enough to be a lot of fun.

Good thing, I just got my latest order from righstuf.... Gantz and Trinity Blood. Trinity blood is kind of interesting Vampire story, a very richly illustrated anime. Gantz is really not for Sakura, way to violent and gory. People who die are reincarnated to play a "game" killing aliens. If you survive the mission, you get to move on to the next mission.
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » January 4th, 2009, 5:47 pm

Has been a good time with the family here. Dinky and family got here and got home safely, despite freezing rain then snow. Everyone seemed happy with the gifts we got them. Though crisis girls husband couldn't make it because he had to work. He works two jobs. I got the second book of the Eragon series, the Ah My Goddess tv series, some snacks, and The Girl Who Lept Through Time dvd. Was a nice Christmas gathering. The kids spent a lot of time playing wii games, and now a board game. Lucy isn't a real happy cat though, she just hides in the basement.

Sakura, the whole family is impressed with the book you made of Dinky's story. My son was especially impressed, he said you did a really great job. Dinky has been so busy with family Christmas and work that she hasn't gotten a chance to thank you yet. By the way, the Christmas she describes, at the Gottenburgs, is actually a pretty good description of her Christmases at her in-laws. The crowd of relatives, the kids, the wild fun in the snow, it's all pretty close to true. The more I think about it, the more I realize, her character, Annie, is a lot like she is too. Imagine being at the Christmas family gathering where you're 1.5 meters, the other women are all over 1.8 meters, the men average 2 meters, and no kid over 10 years old is shorter than you.

Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Post by Hiki » January 5th, 2009, 10:43 pm

my 'nee-chan bought shin megami tensei!!! :love: now the only thing she needs to do is bring it on saturday so I can actually play :ho:
Don't feed me violins.

Dinky
Otaku Maniac
Otaku Maniac

Post by Dinky » January 6th, 2009, 1:32 am

:love: Yay! I had the best holidays ever!!! :love:
I got great stuff, the gifts I gave seem well-recieved, everybody's healthy, and we only got a broken tailbone at my in-laws Christmas gathering!! (I stayed inside this year... they got a crazy go-cart that Kurt actually rolled a couple weeks ago and really hurt his neck... glad none of the kids rolled it!) All in all, a very good holiday season! :thumb:
Aaaaaannnnnd..... I got my story put into a book by Sakura, the absolute goddess of everything WONDERFUL! :kiss:
Thank you, thank you, thank you, Sakura!!! You're the bestbestBEST!
.....sometimes you have to lose your mind to find it......

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » January 6th, 2009, 5:14 am

Told ya she liked it.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » January 6th, 2009, 9:28 am

She's a true writer she didn't say "the bestest" as many people in my guild do.

I actually enjoyed making a book (1st Edition. Books in circulation: four) and I learned alot, for example, book printing needs special paper and glue (not to mention a $10150 machinery). Unfortunately Dinky's book is not registered with an ISBN number. This is due to copyright infringement which is very close to the borders of fair use. So she's not considered a published author I'm afraid. Also the cost of printing and binding a book in extremely small numbers is interesting, so reprinting and selling the book is out of question. Nobody would buy such an expensive book so you cannot order it anywhere.

Of the remaining two books I will keep one. If we had more members I would offer the second copy as a price in a contest.

Hmm what about putting your picture in the cover for the sequel?

Oh and can I have an autograph? Can you sign my copy? :kiss:
What do you call a dinosaur with an extended vocabulary? A thesaurus.

Dinky
Otaku Maniac
Otaku Maniac

Post by Dinky » January 6th, 2009, 8:43 pm

Uh... sure.... but I wouldn't get too excited about that....
.....sometimes you have to lose your mind to find it......

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Post by Zeratul2k » January 7th, 2009, 6:22 pm

In a few years, a copy of that first edition book will be worth a truckload of money. Look forward to it :thumb:
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph... because good is DUMB!

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » January 7th, 2009, 7:27 pm

Depends on whether we get a cease and desist letter from the licensee of Escaflowne, or one of the music labels mentioned in the book...
What do you call a dinosaur with an extended vocabulary? A thesaurus.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » January 21st, 2009, 4:52 am

We have a new prez..... time will tell if he is good or bad, but at least, he has a lot of optimism. Won't be too hard to be better than the last few years, but there is lots of room to make things worse. It's up to the new generation now, mine wasn't able to cure the worlds problems like we thought we could when we were in school.