good things

Have a seat at the fireplace. Free cookies for everyone!
oldwrench
Ojiichan

Re: good things

Post by oldwrench » August 22nd, 2012, 3:15 pm

some R rated movies, nothing worse than that......... oh well.
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Post by JHawkNH » August 23rd, 2012, 5:21 pm

I suppose it is for the best. It would be hard to look those people in the eyes again depending on what you found.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » August 25th, 2012, 3:30 am

It was just a couple picts of some high school guy and a bunch of downloaded music and movies, JH. I saved the movies and music and formatted the drive.

My shed project is done, except for the paint. (I really hate painting, sigh) here aare some picts.
DSCF5562.JPG
DSCF5563.JPG
DSCF5564.JPG
DSCF5565.JPG
As you can see, I've been filling it up already. I have a lot more that I could put in there, if there were enough room.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » August 25th, 2012, 10:50 pm

Looks great really.

read: where's the catnip?
What do you call a dinosaur with an extended vocabulary? A thesaurus.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » August 26th, 2012, 9:28 pm

I've already had one neighbor ask if I would build one for him. I think one is year is plenty, besides, I still have to paint the thing.

JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Post by JHawkNH » August 27th, 2012, 5:12 pm

It really does look good. Good job Oldwrench. :thumb:
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Post by Hiki » August 30th, 2012, 11:52 pm

Hanging out with friends is good after your day started shitty 8D

Also - dunno whether this is good and should go here - I got the urge to draw requests, but I only gave the people on dA five slots so I could draw something for you guys as well. So if you want me to draw something for you - I mean the regulars with this - please let me know :'D
Don't feed me violins.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » August 31st, 2012, 2:43 am

Hi Hiki, I sure hope your day gets better. (grampa hug....... maybe that will help) It might be asking to much, but it would still be nice to have some art work for 5 min story. Just some faces would be nice.

Yes, I know I need to work on the next chapter.

The grandkids are here for the next couple days, Saturday I get to go drive a tank, and then it's one grandson's birthday party.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » September 1st, 2012, 4:27 am

I get to drive a tank tomorrow. Bad thing is I need to be there at 7am so I need to leave here a bit after 6am.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » September 2nd, 2012, 6:22 am

Well, that was kind of fun. I can now add driving a tank to my resume of vehicles driven. Ok, some military nut out there is going to whine: "no you didn't, the FV 433 Abbot you drove is a self propelled gun, not a tank." Right, it's a tracked, 18 ton, armored vehicle with a turret and a BF gun, to me that's a tank. It's really a blast to drive this thing. First I rode in the commanders hatch while one of the other guys drove around the course, then he rode while I drove. The controls are simple, a throttle pedal to go forward and two brake levers to steer with. pulling back on a lever brakes that track to turn the tank, or pulling both stops it. It's all mechanical linkage brakes so you have to pull pretty hard. You steer through a path through the woods, a lot of turns and hills and one big water and mud hole. I hit the water pretty hard, and was one of the muddiest of the drivers. I didn't knock down any trees or run over anybody so I must have done alright.

After the drive, we went to the gun range and got to fire a machine gun. The one we used was a WWII Sten. They were a lightweight 9mm machine gun that were mass produced and given to people to use to defend their homes and cities. We each got to fire a 20 round magazine in their indoor firing range. When I first pulled the trigger, the recoil made the barrel jump up to high on the target and I stopped after the third round. I aimed again and held on better and fired the rest of the rounds. I felt pretty good, my shots were all slightly left and close to the center, three were in the bullseye. Pretty good for standing and firing freehand. Then I opted to spend $30 to get a chance to fire the Barret 50cal sniper rifle. That gun is beyond awesome. I think it's the most powerful gun available. There were five of us that shot the monster gun, and one of the guys bought three rounds. We fired the gun standing, it has a bipod stand so you don't have to hold up that heavy gun. When the gun goes off even standing back watching it's like getting pounded with a soft hammer. The concussion from the gun is quite a shock. The target was set at the far end of the range and when I looked through the scope everything was blurry, bifocal glsses don't work well with scopes. I could see the orange center though and put the crosshairs on it and fired. Good thing the Barret has such good recoil systems, it still pushed me back at least a foot. I put the shot almost in the center of the bullseye. I was the only one who got a bullseye. I feel pretty proud of that since I have almost no experience with guns.
I'm riding in the back of the tank.
I'm riding in the back of the tank.
That's me coming back with he Abbot
That's me coming back with he Abbot
OOOOooooo this is fun
OOOOooooo this is fun
I want one of these things.
I want one of these things.
That's me with the Barret Rifle, the guide is getting ready to load that big cartridge.
That's me with the Barret Rifle, the guide is getting ready to load that big cartridge.