Your opinion on my mental state?

Have a seat at the fireplace. Free cookies for everyone!
JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Your opinion on my mental state?

Post by JHawkNH » July 10th, 2007, 7:36 pm

Since we a for the most part 'annonymous' on the web, it is easier to ask thing then it is to ask someone you see all the time. So here goes...

Almost three years ago a asked a young lady at my church if she would like to go out with me on a date some time. I had wanted to ask her out to get a chance to know her and give her a chance to get to know me. I had been working up the courge to ask her out for over a year. (yes I know, I am slow) The main problem was that we didn't know each other. We had never actually met. I had alway just seen her at church sitting in another section. After I had finally worked up the courage to ask her out...

she turned me down. :cry:

Simple right? Just move on to the next girl right? It wasn't that easy.

Fast forward to present day. I still think about her alot. And it doesn't help that I still 'see' her at church. I still don't even know her name, but I still think about her alot. Since that time three years ago I still haven't found a young lady that I would like to ask out on a date. The sad thing is that a few day ago I even had a dream about her where she asked me why I hadn't tried asking her out again.

Now that you have heard the story, here is the question...

What do you think of my mental state? Am I crazy, normal, or just pathatic?

Here is your guys chance to play psycoligist. <-- Dang, new forum and I still can't spell.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

agito_0291
Full Time Otaku
Full Time Otaku

Re: Your opinion on my mental state?

Post by agito_0291 » July 10th, 2007, 9:36 pm

wow even after an entire year of psychology I don't even have a clue as to how to answer that question! Obviously you like her and since I don't know whether you would still like to go out with her or not, the best thing I can say is either try and stop thinking about her (which I assume you've been trying to do for 3 years) or you could work up the courage again to get to know her. Maybe sit next to her at church and start a conversation when it lets out about the sermon or something like that. She's probably forgotten who you are except for a face she's seen in the church (people have a tendancy to forget things like that) so it shouldn't be to hard except for your nerves. Basically I think you are crazy for her (for 3 years) but perfectly normal in any other aspect.

Kira
Angel
Angel

Post by Kira » July 11th, 2007, 6:04 pm

Ah yes the "church girl"...*sigh* trust me, it will never end well...okay one, say the two of you do date for awhile, now say you have a very bad break up...then what... okay okay scrap all that...Look, I go to church as well, and yes there was a girl that I liked...er, two...*cough* sisters...lol...the thing you have to look at is, you only see them at church...they have a whole life outside of church. They get to interact with a whole bunch of different people on a daily basis. And so do you. Yeah its hard at first...three years, I'll give you that. Took me a little longer, lol. But trust me, you find someone, that will knock this girl out of the water. Someone so great, funny, terrific, cute, sweet, caring. That is "church girl" will mean nothing. Trust me. I know. :thumb:
You don't see yourself clearly at all. You're not like anyone I've ever known. You Fascinate me.

agito_0291
Full Time Otaku
Full Time Otaku

Post by agito_0291 » July 11th, 2007, 6:33 pm

Yeah you should probably listen to Kira because he's had more experience than I, both in life and in dating. :shy:

Kira
Angel
Angel

Post by Kira » July 11th, 2007, 6:36 pm

ROTFL!!! at the word "dating"...yes cuz you know we anime geeks, are such stud muffins, lmao!!!
You don't see yourself clearly at all. You're not like anyone I've ever known. You Fascinate me.

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Post by Zeratul2k » July 11th, 2007, 9:19 pm

I can't help but agree with Kira in all he said. lol us
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph... because good is DUMB!

agito_0291
Full Time Otaku
Full Time Otaku

Post by agito_0291 » July 11th, 2007, 9:28 pm

Yeah... :shy: :shy: ecept Oldwrench!! I bet he could give some good advice!!

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » July 12th, 2007, 12:04 am

Hard to give good advice. Last time I had to worry about asking a girl out was, oh, nearly 37 years ago. I'd say, first find out her name. Second, try asking her out again, much can change in three years. If she says no, the world won't end, and it doesn't mean your a wimp or anything. She may have a boyfriend or something.

And believe me, you're normal. Lots of guys are shy and pretty slow at asking a girl out. Many lose their chance because they are to shy to try. The first day I started college, I saw the cutes girl I'd ever seen, in the cafeteria. I told one of my friends that she was the girl I would marry some day. For a month I watched her go out with several other guys, to scared to talk to her. It cost me ten cents to get to talk with her, and it's the best investment I ever made. It's still paying intrest.
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Elvin
Fan
Fan

Post by Elvin » July 16th, 2007, 6:28 pm

Sounds like you messed up your first impression :pif: You probably caught her off gaurd when you first talked to her.

It's not wierd that you're still thinking about someone you like. I still think about my highschool crush, and it's been 3 years since I graduated (and I haven't seen her since).