The Crap Shooter

Have a seat at the fireplace. Free cookies for everyone!
Sakura
Resident Kitty

Re: The Crap Shooter

Post by Sakura » December 13th, 2017, 10:50 am

Not everbody is insane. Insane is only a small growing fraction of all people. :gg:
What do you call a dinosaur with an extended vocabulary? A thesaurus.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » December 14th, 2017, 4:49 am

my mom's old saying.....
Everyone is crazy, except you and me......... and I'm not so sure about you.
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » December 15th, 2017, 11:21 am

Your kids can expect to pay much more money for their mobile internet in the very near future. Oh and it's most likely getting slower. Lots slower. :gg:

The FCC has canceled net neutrality so ISPs can now charge you everything they want. I'm going to buy COMCAST stock. I wonder if I can afford one :hmm:

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » December 17th, 2017, 6:13 am

I thought I would check out Legend of the Green Dragon, and there is nothing there.

The isp's have always been able to charge whatever they want, and the cell companies too, that's called free market, competition is what keeps prices down.

Net Neutrality, probably the most miss named set of rules ever made by Obama's "the government should run everything" people. Even they are saying the internet has worked so wonderfully for decades and now they are going to get rid of net neutrality and everything will be ruined by the evil money grubbing corporations. First, the internet was working just fine, free and unburdened, till 2015 when Obama's people told us that the big internet providers would cause all this trouble by favoring one client over the other. They would slow down and shut out those who didn't pay them extra. They would choke off improvements and innovation by hoarding all the money. WRONG. This was just another thinly veiled attempt by the government to take over control of a business that was working well on it's own. Did you know that net neutrality hasn't even been in effect since it was imposed? It was blocked by the courts, so in essence they have done nothing but saved an expensive court trial. Under net neutrality, there is no freedom, there is just government interference and more bureaucratic cost we would have to pay for. The government has screwed up every business they have forced there way into.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » December 17th, 2017, 3:07 pm

I have no idea why I actually feel sorry for you - and I'm not going to argue with you. After all it's "your" loss and "our" gain. What you say is confusing enough. If you like it this way, very well :.:

I have checked the Green Dragon and found it broken because this old version of Php 5.2 is no longer available on our new server. After dealing with a crashed hard disk we got a brand new hardware and we (O-kun and me) decided to install the somewhat newer version of Debian to avoid another reinstall next year when our old version reached it's end-of-life phase next April.

According to Dragonprime the core is no longer actively developed after version 1.1.2. I will have to install a Fork of LotGD and in return will possibly lose all the add-ons we have installed. Tough decision whether it's worth the time or not. Postponed... :shy:

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » December 30th, 2017, 4:57 am

Gee, the internet is still working..... and it hasn't slowed down.

Minnesota cold has settled in again. They are saying it will be the coldest new year in 50 years. -13f or -25c and a high for the day of -4f or -20c.
not much snow here yet, but Erie Pennsylvania got 65 inches ( 1.65m ) in three days, and more is forecast. Seems we are in for the cold to stick around for at least the next two weeks. It can get pretty bad here. It was in the 1980's that we wet the record at over two weeks without getting a high to reach 0f (-17.77c) we had days that it didn't get above -20f.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » January 14th, 2018, 7:12 am

We had a couple days of January thaw and now back to the deep freeze. Back down to -16f over night and struggling to get to 0f during the day. At least we haven't had the snow this year. I haven't even started the snow blower yet. We might get a couple inches of snow tomorrow.

In a couple weeks I'll be gone for three weeks. Going on a tour to Chile and Argentina. I wonder if we will have a house to return to, these two kittens are pretty wild and can get into everything.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » January 14th, 2018, 10:05 am

mreoww~ *filing nails* :love:

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » January 14th, 2018, 8:02 pm

Max likes filing his nails too.... on our chairs.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » February 20th, 2018, 10:58 pm

being awake 30 hours to travel home is a bummer.

worse, I have to get up early to drive school kids tomorrow.