Azure Skies, Chapter 1

Moderator: Zeratul2k

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Re: Azure Skies, Chapter 1

Post by Zeratul2k » April 17th, 2009, 10:31 pm

* Idune agreed as well and, after everyone agreed to meet again in a fountain just outside of town, Christian and Silmeria left the booth. After a few minutes of silence, Christian broke the ice. *

Christian: Do you really think this Lizard guy knows where your sister is?

Silmeria: It's Lezard. And yes, I do think he knows something.

Christian: And why is that?

Silmeria: ...

Christian: You have been keeping silent about him ever since Freyr mentioned his name. What gives?

* Silmeria stopped and looked away, as if wondering if she should tell him. *

Silmeria: ... a long time ago, my sister fell in love with a human. He was a soldier and she knew he wouldn't live for long so she went to Lezard Valeth for help. At that time, he was working on producing what he believed was a god's body: an half-elf/half-human construct. An homunculus. After the soldier my sister loved died, he tried to transfer his soul to one of these constructs. They thought that, were Lezard to be right, he would be reborn as a god.

* Silmeria looked at Christian for a second then started walking again. Christian followed her closely. *

Christian: So what happened?

Silmeria: They failed, of course. My sister was devastated, but Lezard was convinced he had failed just because something was missing. Something only a god has.

Christian: And that is...

Silmeria: ... I don't know... but I'm afraid he may be using my sister for his own dream of becoming a god.
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph... because good is DUMB!

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » April 19th, 2009, 3:10 am

*Old Al dug through the odds and ends in his house, searching for the few things he needed to take on a grand adventure. He made sure to fill his bags with many potions, compounds, and chemicals. For sure, he needed his journal, so many years of notes in those old pages.*

*As he dug through scrolls and books piled on shelves and desks, a sphere rolled out had fell on his foot. Al yelped, and muttering invectives, picked the ball up. Ah, that old crystal ball, after all the effort to find the dwarfs in the mountains, and bribe them into making it for him, he'd never been able to get the darn thing to work. Well, maybe that young girl would have more luck with it, she definitely had the gift of vision.*

*On the shelf, Ak found an old amulet on a leather string. He picked it up and carefully ran his fingers over the small stone. It was Onyx and engraved with runes so ancient that even he didn't know their meaning. It was the one thing he had that Freya had given him. Al smiled, she said that some day, it might protect him from harm. Al had almost forgotten about it. He hung it around his neck and smiled............ a little insurance couldn't hurt.*

*Soon he loaded his pack on Igor, and the two started off for the grand adventure. He'd left a note for his young apprentice, Merlin. Good boy, but too interested in all that magic stuff...... smoke and mirrors, bah! Al hoped he wouldn't slow the young ones down to much, but ah, another chance to tangle with Lezar. The young ones might just need a bit of his experience.*
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

yuki_tenshi
Otaku
Otaku

Post by yuki_tenshi » April 21st, 2009, 2:57 pm

*The twins were packing their bags.*

Lukas: Ne, Lyra...

Lyra: Yes?

Lukas: Don't you think it's a little extravagant for that girl to be paying two Cerulean Lapis just so we can help find her sister? What if she's just tricking us?

Lyra: She could...but she's not. She'll pay us if we find her sister.

Lukas: How would you say so?

Lyra: I just think so...don't you trust me? *Lyra looked at Lukas with fake hurt. Lukas frowned, a light pink on his cheeks.*

Lukas: I trust you, idiot. Why wouldn't I? In fact I'd pay a dozen Cerulean Lapis if to find you if you went missing.*Lukas shook his head as Lyra chuckled and blushed.* But hypothetically what if we don't find her sister? What if she's dead?

Lyra, sighing: Silmeria never specified that we should find her sister alive...just we should find her. And if we don't...then we'll just have to find another way to get paid. *Lukas and Lyra shared a look. They were not above trickery and stealing, not after the attack on their family. After all they had to earn their share for food.* Besides that we did not agree to this just so we can waste time. We might learn something if we travel with them.

Lukas: I thought you said you didn't want revenge...*Lyra went back to packing as Lukas continued to stare at her.*

Lyra: I don't...I'm not consumed by some weird rage that I need to take revenge Lukas...but that was our family they killed. Plus, I'm curious. Why us? Why couldn't they target the Royal Payon family right away, why go through us? We aren't exactly defenseless, you know. Father had his own army...and it's not like they hadn't suffered when they attacked us. From what we saw half of their troops were killed.

Lukas: And the others that survived...most of them were severely injured.

Lyra: Exactly...it was stupid of them to attack us before heading to the Payon Castle. They could have started there.

Lukas: Maybe they didn't want to chance us helping the Payon Royalty?

Lyra: It's a stupid tactic Lukas, our family was the farthest from the castle. We would have been the last to arrive, almost a day late, even if they had called for our help the first day of the attack in Payon. Besides, by attacking us first they had sent a warning of sorts...and what about the other families? Hier, Banes, Powell, Ilya...all those families are situated nearer the Payon Castle, why didn't they attack them first? Why us? Why were they so threatened by the Cysid House?

Lukas, sighing: I don't know. Do you think it has something to do with us being relatives of the Payon Royalty?

Lyra: We're what?

Lukas: Relatives of the Payon Royalty...Father said something about it.

Lyra: Us...when?

Lukas: When? Ah...well...oh, yes! It was when we were given the family necklace...so it would be about when we were eight.

*The twins fished out the necklace they wore from under their clothes. The chain was thin, almost dainty but it was strong. Each of the pendant was made of a red gem, it was a triangular sliver with carvings on it, polished to perfection. The twins examined the jewelry as they continued to talk.*

Lyra: What did Father say?

Lukas: He said that we were the closest relatives to the Payon Royalty...but it was kept a secret to the public. He said only a few people know about it. The necklaces was given by the first king of Payon to his younger sister when she married her third degree cousin. The pendants were suppose to be one of a kind. He said it was given down to each first born of the Cysid. We're the first twins of the family, you know. That's why they gave us the necklace instead of just giving it to me.

Lyra: Well...*Lyra reached for Lukas' necklace, her twin took it off and gave it to her. Lyra held the pendant together. The formed a diamond shaped jewel. The carvings matched at the ends, as if it was done while the pendants were together.* They're like jigsaw pieces...they won't fit with anything else. Even the carvings match...

Lukas: Well they are one of a kind...Father called them Scarlet Emeralds...

Lyra: Really? Mother called them Red Beryls, she said they were rare gems. As rare as a Cerulean Lapis...* Lyra showed the pendants together to her brother.* Look...the carvings look like writings.

Lukas: Yea, they do. I don't know what they mean though...but I think they're runic.

Lyra: Runic, like runes? The magic writings? Are you serious?

Lukas: Yes...and don't scoff sister. I've seen a book in our library about it. It's like that...*Lukas gestured to the pendants.* Besides shouldn't you be the one to believe these things...you're a fortune teller.

*Lyra rolled her eyes. She looped the necklace back on her brother. They stuffed it back under their clothes.*

Lyra: I know, I know...but it's hard to believe in something I don't know...and my fortune telling is based on science and the stars...and the usual occurrences. It's not like it's magic, people just think so.

Lukas: Hn...sure. What about your visions. Today's the second time it happened...

Lyra: I don't know...Lukas, forget about it. We don't even know what's triggering it.

Lukas: Hey...what about what...Al...Almond...Albert...Aldrin...Al--

Lyra: Alfred, Lukas...his name is Alfred.

Lukas: Right, Alfred. *Grinning.* What about that old guy, he said something about someone looking for us. You think that's true? And that he knew Grandfather...

Lyra: We're not in hiding Lukas...if someone were looking for us they would have found us months ago. We've been living in the open for almost a year. And Grandfather knew a lot of people we don't know...I wouldn't be surprised if he knew Alfred.

*Lyra and Lukas had finished their packing. Lyra had packed her lightest gypsy-like fortune-teller dress (just in case), her mini-charts, the jewels they still hadn't sold off, another set of clothes and their identical glasses wrapped in cushion. While Lukas had his own change of clothes(same design as Lyra's), the artist tools set he bought before, their money, and the smallest blanket that could still wrap around them both.*

Lyra: Right, so we're ready?

Lukas: We're ready. Let's go and leave the booth to Mrs. Lars.

*They both brought their booth to the old lady. She had gray hair in a bun, wearing little spectacles and in a long dress with an apron tied around her waist. She was pleasantly plump with rosy cheeks and a bright smile. She had reassured the twins that she'd take good care of their booth and before they left she had given them each a big hug. Saying that she will miss them.*

*They made their way back to Silmeria and the other, holding each other's hands.*

Lukas: We'll miss her too.

Lyra: We will...she's a very nice person. Why don't we bring her back a gift.

Lukas: Good idea.
"If it's boring, get rid of it." [ANTI-BOREDOM!!!]

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » April 22nd, 2009, 5:00 am

*Alfred walked along with Igor, Telling the donkey what had happened.*

Alfred: Yes Igor, I'm sure she's from the same place that Freya came from. It's in her manner and her speech. A very mysterious young one. And the Cysid twins, very interesting, those two hiding here in plain sight. They're smarter than they should be at their age. Best thing, to melt into the crowd. *Sighs* I wish I had kept in better contact with their family. Just not enough time in one's life. Still, wonder why their house was attacked first. Had to have been out of the way for the Kings men. Or was it someone else? Could they have been after something? *Igor brays*....... What did you say? Oh, the necklace, yes, I wonder what happened to that. They might have been after it, it is very *Igor again*......... I know, I know, it wouldn't do them any good if they didn't know how to........... You don't think those kids would have them, do you? ..........

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Post by Zeratul2k » April 28th, 2009, 6:56 pm

* Silmeria sat on the edge of the fountain while Christian stood in front of her, watching some kids play. *

Christian: I know the twins will be here, but do you think the old man and the other girl will come with us as well?

Silmeria: I don't know... I really hope they do, though...

* Christian sighed and kept looking at the kids. So there were things even the gods didn't knew, interesting. *
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph... because good is DUMB!

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » April 29th, 2009, 4:59 pm

*Alfred looked over the two by the well as he approached. The young man had the bearing of a warrior, and the young woman....... somehow she reminded him of......*

Al: You know, Igor, that boy looks familiar. I could swear I've seen him before. Hmmm, well, maybe, but then, I've seen so many warriors, in so many courts. To many young men who are gone long before their time. I hope this one doesn't meet such an end. And such a girl he's with, she brings back memories, my friend. Such memories, pressed between the pages of time. Ah, Igor, how long ago?, I can't even remember. *Alfred touched the small black amulet he wore.* Memories are like wine, my friend, they get sweeter with time.

*How long ago was it. Well, no one really knows. One gift that Freya had given Alfred was long life. He had been an old man when the current Kings father had been a boy. That is why the rulers had both sought him out, and reared him. They thought his alchemy had reached the goal of immortality.*

Raine
Angel
Angel

Post by Raine » July 1st, 2009, 7:46 pm

*Finally reach a town selene push back her white hood revealing her light brown eyes and rosy cheeks,she sigh in relief as she strecht her arms wide in the air,beside her a white wolf glaring at each passerby who gaze at them strangely*

Selene:we finally found a town,now i wonder if i have enough money to buy us somethhing to eat

Hati:I can always eat a human...

*selene pouts at Hati as she sinks to her knees*

selene:No wonder i don't have friends you scare them away..

Hati:preys are meant to be afraid of their predators..

selene:meanie!

*The wolf mutters swear words under his breath*
"As far as I'm concerned, if something is so complicated that you can't explain it in 10 seconds, then it's probably not worth knowing anyway

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Post by Zeratul2k » July 1st, 2009, 8:08 pm

* Christian heard Alfred's beast, Igor and walked up to him. *

Christian: Good to see you here. If you need help carrying anything, don't hesitate to tell me, ok?

* As Christian greeted Alfred, Silmeria stared at a girl that, apparently, was just arriving to town. There was a white wolf next to her that growled whenever someone got close to either of them. Christian went back to Silmeria followed by Alfred and Igor, looking in the direction Silmeria was looking at. *

Christian: Someone you know?

Silmeria: No... but it's interesting, don't you think?

Christian: Not really. I knew a few people with dangerous animals for pets.

Silmeria: This one is different... I think.

* Christian looked at her quizzically as she stood up and slowly walked up to the girl, ignoring the growling wolf. Still, she stopped at a safe distance. *

Silmeria: Hi, what's your name?

Raine
Angel
Angel

Post by Raine » July 2nd, 2009, 3:58 pm

*selene look at the girl,surprise at the sudden greeting and kindness she took a step back,earning a worried glance of the hwite wolf*

Selene*shook her head quickly and smile at the girl*:sorry,im not use to people coming to talk to me...my name is selene Ranger...and this i-

*thw wolf have come to stand between Selene and silmeria,he was growling at the silmeria as if ready to pounce on her any moment*

selene:Hati..please..she doesnt mean any harm..* a look of worried as she drop to hug the wolf and stared up at silmeria*

selene:im sorry.Hati is just overprotective of me...

Hati:Disgusting...Humans..*looks away*
"As far as I'm concerned, if something is so complicated that you can't explain it in 10 seconds, then it's probably not worth knowing anyway

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Post by Zeratul2k » July 2nd, 2009, 4:12 pm

Silmeria: Selene... that's a nice name. And this boy's name is Hati, I take it? I'm Silmeria, nice to meet you.

* Silmeria looked back at Christian and Alfred. *

Silmeria: The two over there are Christian and Alfred.

* She looked back at Selene, smiling softly. *

Silmeria: Are you from around here?