Azure Skies, Chapter 1

Moderator: Zeratul2k

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Re: Azure Skies, Chapter 1

Post by Zeratul2k » April 15th, 2009, 4:57 am

* When Alfred mentioned Freya, Christian looked down, snickered and covered his face while Silmeria stared at Alfred thinking of what to say. He had met a goddess, several times, and didn't even knew it. It was better off that way, she thought while looking at the twins again. *

Silmeria: I understand. I haven't offered anything in return for your help, is that it? Let me see...

* Silmeria parted her cloak slightly to pick a small bag hanging from her belt (and unconsciously giving everyone in the booth a glimpse of her clothes under the cloak. Expensive looking, beautifully decorated blue clothes) when Christian jumped from his chair, holding the glass on his hand and pointing to the crest. *

Christian: I knew I had seen this crest before! It's from the... Chezad... Shecid... hmm... Oh! Cysid! The Cysid House from Payon!
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph... because good is DUMB!

yuki_tenshi
Otaku
Otaku

Post by yuki_tenshi » April 15th, 2009, 7:32 am

*Lukas stared at Alfred with amused eyes. That old man really did tend to ramble a lot. And what did he say about the tone of voice Silmeria used? Lukas hadn't noted anything different except that maybe her voice was forceful. He and Lyra never did go well with authority. Lukas shook his head slightly, he looked at Lyra at the same time Lyra looked at him.*

*Silmeria spoke again it caught the twins' attention and they both looked at her, she parted her cloak and the twins saw the beautiful blue clothes underneath, Lyra narrowed her eyes. Where have I seen that design before? Then Silmeria withdrew a small bag, like a money pouch. Lyra and Lukas looked at each other again. A small smile creeping on their faces. And it was like they were talking using their thoughts. If she was willing to pay them, then they could offer their help. When Christian jumped up it caught the twins' attention again. He had finished his drink but he was holding the glass upside-down and pointing to the base. And then he said it. Lyra and Lukas froze. That man, Christian, knew about them?*

*Lukas' hand found her and squeezed reassuringly. Lyra swallowed. They could lie about it, right? But, no...it would be stupid everyone was now looking under their glasses to see the same crest on the base. Why did Lukas have to use the family glasses to serve the drinks? Lyra pursed her lips...the answer was quite simple, they had no other glasses. When they had left their ruined mansion they had brought whatever wasn't broken, which included the glasses they were using now, some silverware that was overlooked, two of Lyra's gowns(the others were ripped and ruined), and the twins' family necklace, and jewelries and gold that the twins had stashed before the attack. Thanks to that they hadn't bothered to buy any new things that they already had.*

Ovar: But wasn't that the house that was ransacked months ago? They said there were no survivors...

Lyra: They're wrong we're survivors--

Lukas: -but they didn't know that we were alive--

Lyra: -because we left before anyone--

Lukas: -arrived to check the place.

*It was quiet after they spoke. When they came to Alberta no one had ever pieced the events,everyone had thought that the Cysid heir and sibling had died as well, no one thought about the arrival of twins a week after the news about the Cysid House being attacked(no one had even questioned about the beautiful jewels they had pawned off for gold). And they hadn't yet given their full names to anyone who asked, they were Lyra and Lukas. Not Lukas Cysid and Lyra Cysid. The twins seemed more withdrawn now. They eyed the small pouch Silmeria was holding.*

Lukas and Lyra, monotonous: We'll help you if you pay us...in fact that's the only reason we'll help you. We have to earn our living and playing adventure won't do that. *Lukas and Lyra took a quick peek at each other.* So what's your offer?

((@ Palacio: Sorry for using Ovar, he was the only npc around besides Silmeria...I hope you don't mind))
"If it's boring, get rid of it." [ANTI-BOREDOM!!!]

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Post by Zeratul2k » April 15th, 2009, 3:53 pm

* Silmeria ignored Christian's outburst and the answer from the twins. Where the twins came from was of no significance to her. She opened the small bag in her hands and took out a medium sized piece of blue stone that seemed to glow on it's own. She took one and held it over her head. *

Silmeria: This is a Cerulean Lapis. As you might know, they fetch a quite high price. There are even some people that believe every piece can grant a wish.

* She put them back in the bag and looked at the others. *

Silmeria: It'll be yours after we find my sister. What's your answer?
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph... because good is DUMB!

yuki_tenshi
Otaku
Otaku

Post by yuki_tenshi » April 15th, 2009, 4:38 pm

*The twins stared at the jewel. They knew that jewel, had seen one actually. Once from a royal ball, one from the royal family of Payon was wearing a jewelry with a Cerulean Lapis.*

Lukas and Lyra: It's a pretty thing. *Then leaned in to look at the jewel better and drew back when Silmeria placed it back in the pouch. They looked at each other.* Should we agree? I think we should. It's a pretty jewel. We can get a high bidder for it. *They hadn't cared for the fact that legend said that it could grant wishes. They didn't really believe in it.* We should, shouldn't we. *The twins turned back to Silmeria with identical Chesire grins.* We'll help...but we'll up the ante. Two of those and we're in. *Silmeria looked shocked. The twins shrugged, nonchalant expressions in their faces. Like they couldn't care less about the jewel. But then that was how they dealt with business and this was business, they were getting paid after all.* Well? Are you in? *Lyra's left brow raised along with Lukas' right brow as they waited for Silmeria to respond.*

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Post by Zeratul2k » April 15th, 2009, 4:56 pm

* Christian smiled and put the glass down. He didn't knew why Silmeria was so interested in them but they sure were playing hard to get. *

Silmeria: I have no problem with that.

* Silmeria answered immediately, as if she was expecting what they said. Christian looked at her, wondering just what was going through that brain of hers. *

yuki_tenshi
Otaku
Otaku

Post by yuki_tenshi » April 15th, 2009, 5:22 pm

*Lyra and Lukas considered this. She was awfully quick to agree. They thought she would hesitate over handing two of those precious gems. She must really need them. Lyra and Lukas smirked.* Just how much can we push her? * Was going through their minds at the same time.*

Lyra and Lukas: Alright, so our payment is two Cerulean Lapis. What about if we don't find your sister but we do what we have to do? Don't you think we should still have a fee? We don't think it would be fair if we helped you but you failed to find your sister then we'd end up with no payment. Hmmm? One Cerulean Lapis whether we find your sister or not, as long as we help.

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Post by Zeratul2k » April 15th, 2009, 5:29 pm

Silmeria: No deal. It's all or nothing.

* Christian smiled as Silmeria said this. At first he had thought she was just desperate for help, but it seems she knew exactly what she was doing. She didn't failed to amaze him, from the time he first met her. He decided she didn't need any help there so he turned towards Alfred, Idune and Ovar. *

Christian: What about you guys? Coming with us?

yuki_tenshi
Otaku
Otaku

Post by yuki_tenshi » April 15th, 2009, 5:45 pm

*Lukas and Lyra frowned when Silmeria refused. Even though they were just playing with her they didn't like rejection very well...in fact they didn't like rejection at all. They regarded Silmeria seriously for a while, seeing if she was bluffing. When they didn't see a sign of it the twins realized that Silmeria wouldn't haggle anymore, if they refused she would leave. They fixed their expression somewhere between boredom and amusement then shrugged.*

Lukas and Lyra: Ah well, it was fun while it lasted. It's all or nothing then. What do we have to do? *Silmeria told them. They shook hands to seal the deal.*

Lukas: Ne, Lyra...

Lyra: I know...we can leave it with Mrs. Lars.

Lukas: Ohhh, wonderful...she'd help us.

Lyra: I know.

*When the twins saw the quizzical look Silmeria had they explained.*

Lyra: Since we're going with you--

Lukas: - we're going to leave our booth with Mrs. Lars.

Lyra: It's not really that smart if we lug around our booth--

Lukas: -so we'll just ask Mrs. Lars to look after it while we're gone. She won't ask for payment--

Lyra: -because she's very nice. And she likes children.

Lukas: And we're still children in her eyes. *Lukas meets Lyra's eyes.* Aren't you glad?

Lyra: Oh very...*They both nod and grin. Lyra looks at Silmeria.* We'll have to pack so you have to wait for us.

Palacio
New User

Post by Palacio » April 15th, 2009, 6:19 pm

@Yuki, feel free to use him, i forgot to make his char-bio, maybe ill do it later, i'm kinda busy these few days, so please you all feel free to use Ovar and Idune.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » April 15th, 2009, 10:05 pm

*As Lukas started to collect the glasses from the people, he stopped at Alfred. Alfred was running his finger over the crest at the bottom of the glass. He sighed.*

Alfred: It was a great loss, the house of Cysid. Why I remember when, ah, it would have been your grandfather and I........ *Looks up* But that's a long story. So this is where you two ended up. I had wondered. When last I saw you, you were babes in a cradle. Yes, I heard you'd died in the destruction....... but I had my doubts. *Hands Lukas the glass.* Be careful, children, who you serve with these glasses. There are those who would be interested in knowing your whereabouts. *Looks at Idune and Ovar.* And some might think there would be a high reward for such information. I'm afraid the only reward would be a swift death. They wouldn't leave anyone as witness.

*Alfred's keen eyes fixed on Silmeria: Quite an impressive stone, and to have two such....... You truly value your sister highly, to offer such a sum. Indeed, a ransom fit for royalty, or, *gives Silmeria a wry smile* perhaps for the gods? So I guess right, she tries hard to hide what she feels, but the boy isn't as good at it. They are from far away, very far. Just as the lovely Freya was. This will be a grand adventure.
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.