Frozen - Prologue

Moderator: Zeratul2k

Raine
Angel
Angel

Re: Frozen - Prologue

Post by Raine » September 2nd, 2008, 3:40 pm

*Rhea rolled her eyes at the scene,walking next to Hayley she slip in her arm beneath hers and looking at the two she smile*

Rhea:sorry!Hayley seems to be in the clouds these days...nice to meet you..Im rhea and if you will excuse us*she drag Hayley away before she drools*

Rhea:control yourself!!!

Hayley:what???

Rhea:Your mouth nearly fell open!!!
"As far as I'm concerned, if something is so complicated that you can't explain it in 10 seconds, then it's probably not worth knowing anyway

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Post by Zeratul2k » September 2nd, 2008, 3:54 pm

* William recognized the british accent in Cynthia and Mark and walked next to them. *

William: So, from what part of the island are you two?
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph... because good is DUMB!

yuki_tenshi
Otaku
Otaku

Post by yuki_tenshi » September 3rd, 2008, 6:45 am

Cynthia:I grew up in London, though I've spent some summers in Yorkshire. Mark's originally from London. We met there. *Cynthia smiled gaily at person.* Pardon though, my name Cynthia Wynter. *She gestured to Mark.* This is Mark Simons. And you are...?
"If it's boring, get rid of it." [ANTI-BOREDOM!!!]

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Post by Zeratul2k » September 3rd, 2008, 3:31 pm

William: William Gibbons. I'm from Plymouth, but my family and I moved to London when I was five. Nice meeting you!

* While William talked with Cynthia, the group entered a small room with no decorations, devices or anything else except the heavy metal door, a window and a metallic cube with a digital display showing the time twice in a corner. Eli waited for all of them to walk in (except Michael and Evelyn who hadn't come back) and closed the door. *

Eli: Now, this is the room where we freeze time. In the corner is an atomic clock synchronized with another, different atomic clock out of the room. The real time is displayed in the upper screen while the time inside the room is displayed in the lower one. For this test, Dr. Rosenberg will freeze time for a few minutes... 5, just to give a number. We will only feel a slight tingling sensation when time is restored to the room. As further proof, if you look out the window, you'll see a TV. Dr. Rosenberg will tune a live show that will, for us, skip ahead for the time we remain frozen. Any questions before we start?
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph... because good is DUMB!

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » September 3rd, 2008, 8:38 pm

*Jim had a million questions..... he decided on just a couple.*

Jim: Yes.... do you actually stop time in this room , or do you move the room ahead in time...... is this a time machine? Also, what does one see on the room during the "stopped time" if you look in from the outside?
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Post by Zeratul2k » September 4th, 2008, 2:18 am

Eli: We stop time in the room, actually. You see, time is made of sub-atomical particles called turons. Turons are naturally produced by stars like the Sun and travel much like light and magnetic fields. This room is like a freezer, but for turons, removing them from inside the room as freezers remove the heat from within them. That's why we say we "freeze" time. And about the second question, this room will remain sealed for the duration of the experiment. If any light or external air where to come into the room, it would slowly restore time, literally making us move, live and function in "slow motion", given enough time. So to answer your question, one can't see into the room while time is stopped, for this could create... problems for us. We have taken many precautions to ensure this.

William: What kind of precautions?

Eli: Miss Evelyn must have told you that this facility is build on cold war era nuclear missile silos. This room, like the ones where the teletransporter devices are, was made to withstand a 500 kiloton nuclear blast right over us. That means it can withstand around 34 bombs like the one that hit Hiroshima. Anyways, let's start now. Dr. Rosenberg, if you may.

* From the window, Dr. Rosenberg nodded and turned on the TV. He tuned a live south-american soccer match and wrote down the current play time on a blackboard, then pressed a button on the side of the window. A heavy shutter fell and clicking sounds were heard as the heavy bars locked both the window and the door. *

Eli: Now please look at the clock. You'll know when the experiment is over when you see the upper clock suddenly advancing 5 minutes.

* On the control room, Dr. Rosenberg and his colleagues started all the systems without problem and hit the big red button. A light over it went green, meaning that time inside the room was frozen. *

* On the last security checkpoint of the Black Mesa West nuclear reactor, the last guard fell to the ground, poisoned by a dart thrown by Evelyn from a blowgun. Michael opened the door and walked inside the reactor room. He lifted his shirt, revealing a belt of explosives wrapped around his waist. He hid the belt under one of the reactor systems and ran outside, taking Evelyn's arm. *

Dr. Rosenberg: How does it look?

Assistant: Same as always. No problems so far.

* A few minutes later, the belt exploded. The explosion damaged the reactor's refrigeration system and sent it on an out of control chain reaction. The alarm sounded all around the complex and blast door started closing. *

Dr. Rosenberg: What's that alarm for?

Assistant: Oh my God... it's the reactor! It's melting down!

* Several months later, the room was still frozen. The reactor meltdown had contamined an area 5 kilometers wide around the installation and rescue teams couldn't be sent because of it. A sleeper terrorist cell from an extremist mid-eastern nation had been discovered as the ones involved in the incident. When the USA invaded the country as retaliation, the terrorists used biological and nuclear weapons against them, which further scalated the conflict and involved more countries with each attack. After a year, it turned into a full out nuclear war. Less than a month after that, all guns were silenced. Human life on Earth was now at less than 5% what it was before the war started, and as a consecuence of the nuclear war, a 30 years nuclear winter covered the lands. 1000 years later, humanity is recovering. The number of people is still low, but they have already developed enough technology to forget the leasons history tried to teach them. *

* Baran knocked on the heavy metallic door and turned to Avan. *

Baran: I'm telling you there's something valuable in there. Whoever closed this thing went to great efforts to do it.

Avan: But there's no way to open that door, we tried.

* Baran mumbled something and kicked the door. Leona turned at the corner and looked at them. *

Leona: Captain! Baran! We found something!

* Avan and Baran followed Leona to the old control room, mostly destroyed by the time. Hyunkel was examining some thick wires that ran into the wall. *

Avan: What did you find?

Hyunkel: I think those doors are electric, captain. If we give enough energy to these wires... it may open.

Avan: Ok, let's bring a line from the generator.

* Half an hour later, the line was finally set up and connected to the wires. Leona checked one last time before turning towards Hyunkel. *

Leona: Hit it!

* Inside the room, Eli moved again and looked at the clock. The upper screen was off. *

Eli: Hmm... that's weird.

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Post by Zeratul2k » September 6th, 2008, 5:08 pm

* The door started to move and everyone turned to look at it. On the other side where two men, one slim and elegant with a sword hanging from his waist and another more muscular one. The two men stared at the group as the group stared back. William was the first one to notice how the metal covering the walls in the hall behind them was corroded and old. *

William: What..?

* He turned towards Eli, who had just noticed as well. *

William: Dr.? What's going on?

Eli: I... don't know...

* Baran took a few steps towards the group but kept his distance. *

Baran: Who are you, people? What are you doing here?

Raine
Angel
Angel

Post by Raine » September 6th, 2008, 5:16 pm

*Hayley grab,Rhea's hand who intinctively back away,shielding hayley looking around*

Rhea:explain quickly...*she look at Baran*who are you?
"As far as I'm concerned, if something is so complicated that you can't explain it in 10 seconds, then it's probably not worth knowing anyway

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Post by Zeratul2k » September 6th, 2008, 5:34 pm

Baran: Hey, I asked first! Who in Ishtar's name do you think you--

Avan: Baran, enough!

* Baran looked back at Avan and mumbled something before walking out of the room. *

Avan: I apologize for the rudeness of my subordinate. My name is Avan and I'm the captain of a group of treasure and bounty hunters. The big, uneducated guy back there is Baran. Nice to meet you.

* William was beginning to feel uneasy. If this was a prank by the Black Mesa West staff, it was working. *

William: What the bloody hell is going on here!?!?

* He said as he suddenly rushed outside, pushing Avan and Baran out of the way. *

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » September 7th, 2008, 5:36 pm

*Jim's years of scifi reading took over. This looked just like a plot out of a scifi book...... held suspended till some time in the future....... but how far into the future? Jim stepped up to the young man.*

Jim: Hello, um, it seems rather obvious that there was an accident. It appears that they stopped our time for a bit more than the scheduled five minutes...... My name is Jim Carpenter.... could you.... tell us what the date is. By what I see outside the door, it seems considerable time must have passed.
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.