The planning room

Moderator: Raine

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Re: The planning room

Post by Zeratul2k » March 11th, 2009, 6:41 pm

So i just went and made a big plot twist: the monsters aren't the savage, instinct-driven critters they seem to be at first glance. As Raine probably said before (don't remember, but if she didn't, here it is), the monsters come from another dimension they were sealed in, where time flows faster than here. That allowed their numbers to grow in what might seem to our characters as a really small time and, also, to get organized. Their leader is the mysterious Sayuri-sama (no more info available at the moment, sorry :p) who relays all her orders through her second in command, Gorn. The monster's society is very focused on war (Raine mentioned several reasons but the main one is revenge on the races that sealed them on that other dimension) and as such their forces are divided like this:

- Supreme Leader: Sayuri-sama
- Baelrog Brood (Elite Guard, Sayuri-sama's bodyguards) Leader: Gorn
- Tiamat Brood (Main attack force) Leader: Daggoth
- Jormungand Brood (Weak but numerous, specializes in massed attacks) Leader: Araq
- Garm Brood (Small brood specialized in guerrilla tactics) Leader: Zasz
- Surtur Brood (The most feared of the attack broods, their berserker units attack even other monsters to accomplish their objectives) Leader: Kagg
- Incubus Brood (Special Ops, specializes in infiltration using shape-shifting and polymorphic monsters) Leader: Auza
- Fenris Brood (Specializes in reconnaissance and communications. Relays orders and messages between broods) Leader: Nargil
- Sennith Brood (Lesser brood dedicated to more "menial" tasks like supplying food to other broods and healing wounded monsters considered to be important to Sayuri-sama's goals) Leader: Zargil

Any questions, fire away!
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph... because good is DUMB!

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Post by Zeratul2k » March 11th, 2009, 9:43 pm

Forgot to mention a small bit in the last post. The lesser monsters don't have free will and are genetically forced to obey the commands of those further up in the hierarchy, but are sufficiently smart to form strategies and work as a team. The brood leaders devolve battlefield command (when needed) to monsters with a higher intellect than the average monster but all of them (from the lesser to the brood leaders) are, in the end, genetically incapable of disobeying Sayuri-sama.
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph... because good is DUMB!

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » April 11th, 2009, 5:01 am

I just wanted to talk a bit about problems with the timeline of the story at the moment. This has happened in the last few pages, starting with Aki and Mike at Dinner at Kyo's house. Now Raine stated that we were half way through dinner when Shouko came........ My guess is that would be around 6pm or so. Then the attack at the base interrupted things, and Mike went to the base, at the earliest, that would be near 7pm. Aki went back and was put to bed..... then left, maybe 8pm. At the end of Yuki's long post, she said if Aki wasn't back by dinner, they would look for her...... Dinner was over, so I assumed that might be by morning. Mike would have been gone for several hours, I would assume between 11pm and midnight at the earliest. It took time for things to happen at the base. I would have assumed Shouko and Miri would have been at home, since Angus was supposed to be returning with Rina. Kimara and Daiki would have gone home, since there would be nothing they could do till morning, at least. They would probably assume Mike would return in the morning. Perhaps Daiki and Kimara would have stayed at Kyo's and waited, but it seemed a bit pointless, and I thought might complicate things for Aki's return.

This was the set of assumptions I was working on in my post, where Mike returned to find Aki gone. He convinced Kyo and Ai to try to get some rest, and went in to find Toru still awake, and is now lying in bed with the little guy, waiting for Aki......... So How do I fit all this with Miri coming in and jumping him with questions as soon as he got back?

Sorry about all this...... but if you can explain it, please do so. I'll just let you take it from here......... I think I lost the game.
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

yuki_tenshi
Otaku
Otaku

Post by yuki_tenshi » April 11th, 2009, 11:52 am

Whoops...that's my fault...I forgot about Shouko arriving in the middle of dinner. I guess I meant for Ai to say that if Aki wasn't back by morning they would look for her... :shy: sorry... I was thinking though that Mike would have left by 6pm or something...maybe everyone had an early dinner? Aki would have left a little before seven pm and she went to walk along the city...or something like that.

Anyways...maybe Miri and Shouko stayed with Kyo and Ai??? Because....uhhhh...Shouko wanted to get the earliest news about Rina...wait, no...she could get that from Angus... Maybe everyone else stayed in the Ayashi residence...though I'm going to assume that Kyo and Ai have enough guest rooms...if that was the case, Daiki wouldn't allow Miri to go home with Shouko because he's still suspicious so that would mean that Miri would still be there when Mike came back.

Errr...that's what I came up with...sorry gpa for messing the timeline up... :swt:
"If it's boring, get rid of it." [ANTI-BOREDOM!!!]

Raine
Angel
Angel

Post by Raine » April 12th, 2009, 6:01 am

gomen gpa i messed it up too...

well the group were searching for aki,i doubt if they would go home.especially kimara,so ebeing at aki's house even sleeping on the couch will be ok.and since shouko can't have miri she stays with them,and is getting information as much as she could from them.

but i forgot the timeline....sumimasen i was just posting without thinking...school been rough these two weeks :sob: :sob:
"As far as I'm concerned, if something is so complicated that you can't explain it in 10 seconds, then it's probably not worth knowing anyway

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » April 12th, 2009, 6:46 am

Alright...... sorry I ranted a bit, but it just seemed like people were posting without even checking where the story was at the time. I can understand a slip like the dinner time one, it happens to all of us, and we can overlook that.
I just get a bit upset when my earlier post doesn't fit at all with what someone posts a day later, and I have to go back and try to figure out a way to write a post to explain my earlier post and make it fit someones later post.
Sighs....... I'll try to come up with a way to make your post fit.....

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » April 12th, 2009, 7:26 am

Well, I hope that works alright. I was contemplating having them come back, Miri finding Mike with Toru and jumping on him on the bed, scaring Toru, who starts crying, Shouko and Kimara are trying to question Mike, Kyo and Ai hear the commotion and think something is wrong and try to use their magic to protect Toru, Shouko fights back, Mike tries to stop Shouko, About that time Aki would come in and think the house is under attack, and join the fight. In the end , the house is ruined, Kimara and Shouko are in the hospital, Toru and Miri are traumatized and............

That didn't work out very well.