Re: Gakkou

Post by Raine » February 1st, 2009, 5:55 am

*Ryu walk past them with the support of the wall*

RYU:I'll kill them....their trying to open the portals....unforgivable

*Rina woke up sitting upright holding the blankets*

Rina:Papa!!!

*shouko was talking to agnus when the alarm rang*
shouko:she can't be using her powers!!

*they exchange worried looks before running towads the room where Rina is.Shouko watch as rina walk out of the large hole she has blasted open,her hands flaming red*

shouko:Rina stop it!!!

Agnus:shouko we need to contain her she is unstable....

Rina+Ria+rivel:Mother...dad...i need to see them...

*shouko's expression went pale,their completely different from the time she battle agaist the possessed rina..maybe because they yearn for their parents*
"As far as I'm concerned, if something is so complicated that you can't explain it in 10 seconds, then it's probably not worth knowing anyway

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Post by Zeratul2k » February 1st, 2009, 6:04 am

* Kaine started laughing maniacally. He lunged towards Ryu only to be stopped by one of Ringo's "walls". Still he punched and kicked at it as if he were in some kind of trance, talking and laughing like a madman. *

Kaine: The hell do you know, old man!? You think you're so hot!? Look at yourself! You came in here saying "I'll kill you all" only to get beaten to a pulp! Hahahahaha!

Hideki: Enough!

* Hideki swiftly hit Kaine in the back of the neck and he suddenly stopped. His eyes rolled up and he began foaming at the mouth as he fell to the floor, unable to move. Ringo walked up to Hideki, her guard up. *

Ringo: ... What did you do?

Hideki: Pressure point. Kelly thought me that.

* Hideki went towards Ryu and helped him sit down. *

Hideki: What are you doing here, sir?
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph... because good is DUMB!

Raine
Angel
Angel

Post by Raine » February 1st, 2009, 6:16 am

ryu:hi..deki...they burn down our house...mother in law died....kisane in a crtical condition...those bastards want to repeat history again...i won't let my daughters die again...

*Ryu grabs hideki by his collar*

Ryu:if i die...or kisane does...you better stay with my daughter brat or i'll haunt your ass...till you die!!!

*Agnus look at shouko,he waqs surprise she let Rina leave*

AGNUS:WHY?

shouko:she needs to see it for herself....that her world she live in is no more and the altan group is only a dream

*Rina walk unsteadily,her powers took a lot out of her,but she has to make it she has to see,when she got there she fell on her knees*

Rina:it's true...mother papa?obaasan?

*Rina began to cry,grey clouds appeared in the sky to shower japan with tiny droplets of water*

*agnus look at rina from afar*

Agnus:your nightmare has just begun akiyama Rina....
"As far as I'm concerned, if something is so complicated that you can't explain it in 10 seconds, then it's probably not worth knowing anyway

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » February 15th, 2009, 11:27 pm

*Mike had learned a lot from the old priestess. He also learned how the village had come under attack by demons, demons that seemed more vicious and wild than the few that had come to the village over the years. These seemed almost feral. ...... Mike spent the rest of the day helping the neko men repairing damage around the village. They tried to tell him he shouldn't have to work for them, but Mike insisted, and they became glad to have the help of someone so tall and strong. As night came, the village elders decided to give Mike the community meeting hall for his room, it was the only building with rooms actually large enough for Mike to be comfortable. Mike settled in for the night, happy he'd found the neko people, glad he could help them. But his dreams were haunted by a small green haired girl, and the crimson eyes he would never be able to forget. Deep in the night, Mike suddenly sat up, something was wrong..... he could feel it...... Mike strained every sense, trying to find what had awakened him.*

*Tien stood watch on the south side of the village, everything had been quiet. His thoughts wandered to his beautiful priestess. He wished he could tell her how he felt...... but every time he tried, he just couldn't approach her. What if she didn't feel the same way?...... It happened so fast that Tien barely had time to sound the alarm whistle. How could he have missed the demon's approach. Now, with no time to pick up his bow, or draw his knife, he could only watch in terror, the fangs and talons of death rushing at him.*

*Death was only inches in front of Tien when it was snatched away. Tien turned to see the tall ancient one in a furious wrestling match with the demon. The demon screamed, as suddenly, Mike was on top, hammer blows from his fist smashing the skull of the monster. The people of the village were rushing out, with their bows ready, as two more demons jumped on Mike. The fight turned into a blur, there was no way they could use their arrows. The fight seemed to last for minutes, though, in fact, it was only seconds before Mike stood up, the limp body of the third demon hanging from his right hand. Mike roared as he hurled the body at the demons hiding at the edge of the forest around the village. The Demons scattered, rushing off into the darkness.*

*Mai Lei hurried through the crowd, she checked Tien, asking if he had been injured. Tien told he he wasn't, but he had hardly noticed Mai Lei...... His attention was on the glowing amulet on Mike's chest, and the frightening look in Mike's eyes......... a dark look of death....... Mike strode past the villagers.*

Mike: Tomorrow, I'll teach you how to build defenses for your village.

As Mike walked by, Mai Lei paled: Micheal, your arm, you were bitten.

Mike, looked at the red inflammation on his arm: Ya, it burns some.

*Mai Lei grabbed Mike's hand and dragged him toward her house.*

Mai Lei: we must hurry, only one, of those who have been bitten, has survived the poison. We have to get medication on the bite, we may be in time. *Mai had Mike sit on a stool outside her house as she went in and got a mixture of herbs. She was surprised Mike wasn't writhing in agony, like the others had been, by this time, and that the deep red swelling had stopped spreading.*

Mike: Hey, that stuff really works, it's not burning so much anymore.

*The crowd of villagers left for their homes, surprised and relived that their visitor was going to be alright. Mai insisted Mike stay till she was sure the poison was gone.*

*Mai was surprised at the speed that Mike's arm was healing, it was as if the poison didn't affect him more than the sting of a wasp........ Mai's curiosity was getting the better of her, she remembered what Mike had said about knowing a girl that fit the prophesy..... she had to know. Mike sighed, it hurt, every time he thought about Aki..... but, he told the priestess, told her everything, told her why he left.*

*Tien hadn't left, he was hiding behind bushes, watching the priestess and the tall visitor. He was to far away to hear more than a few words of their conversation, but they were definitely close...... and Mai Lei put her hand on the big man's face......... Tien's heart sank, how could he compete with one of the gods? Mike got up and walked toward his room, right past where Tien was hiding.*

*Mike had spotted the neko hiding in the bushes, he knew it was the neko boy that seemed to be interested in the priestess, the one who had tried to defend her earlier that day. Mike knew the way the boy had looked at Mai, that he wanted her, but was probably to shy to say anything. From things Mai had said during their talk, Mike was sure she felt the same for Tien. Mike stopped just past the bushes.*

Mike, without turning: Are you going to make her wait forever? You're a fool if you don't tell her how you feel. *Mike walked away.*

*Tien stayed behind the bushes, his mind racing......... How did Micheal know?......... but then, he was one of the gods....... Tien saw Mai Lei heading toward the shrine. She would be going to offer thanks. Tien got up and followed her, just to make sure she was safe........... Tien had something else to give thanks for that night.*
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Raine
Angel
Angel

Post by Raine » February 16th, 2009, 3:08 pm

*Rina woke up feeling her world swirling,Her pale face reflected back at her as she stared herself in the black glass window*

Rina:w-what?

shouko:I thought you would never wake up...i was begining to lose hope

*Rina look at shouko,she wore garments that was fitting for a soldier in a war*

Rina:iwhat do you mean?

Shouko: You've been asleep for days...Rina..

Rina:maybe it's better this way....am i your prisoner...

shouko:not really but your incapability to stable your powers did not give me any choice whatsoever...

Rina:why are you wearing funny clothes...*shouko sigh and throw a newspaper at her,her eyes widened as she took a look at the cover*

Rina:what is this?

shouko:Monsters attacks....no one knows where they came from but it's been increasing but we've been able to contain them little by little

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Post by Zeratul2k » February 16th, 2009, 6:53 pm

* Hideki woke up and looked around in a daze. He stood up and walked outside of the room and into the hallway. He was in a hotel, along some of the members of Sleeping Forest. Hideki went to the roof and saw Ringo near the pool, watching the city. Hideki walked up to her. *

Hideki: Can't sleep?

Ringo: Yeah... you?

Hideki: ... had another nightmare...

Ringo: *sighs* ... it wasn't your fault, so stop thinking about it.

* Hideki looked down at the base of the hotel. The streets below where silent during the night. *

Hideki: ... you and I know that, but everyone else thinks different. After all, we were the only ones inside the building to survive that day...
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph... because good is DUMB!

Raine
Angel
Angel

Post by Raine » February 16th, 2009, 7:03 pm

Rina:but it's impossible...

shouko:in this world we are able to do many possibilities so impossible is a word that should never be used

Rina:My friends...

shouko:I don't know...but i hope you will be able to find them,

Rina:your letting me out?

shouko:yep...But you better eat and regain your strenght afterall your friends needs your help

*shouko walk out to meet Agnus sighing*

Agnud:i don't understand why you keep letting her go to them

shouko:The fact that two portals were opened at the same time makes me curious,.....and according to my sources they hideki and that woman coming out in the tsuchimi building

agnus:the building that blew up...

shouko:yep...it's also the place were the monsters leak out...

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » February 19th, 2009, 4:07 am

*Mike couldn't sleep anymore that night. He finally went out and sat by a big tree, watching the forest. He just couldn't get Aki out of his mind. Seeing Mai Lei and Tien walking close together down the path from the shrine didn't help any either. Mike wished what Mai had told him were true, that the possession mark that Aki wore didn't mean anything. Perhaps it was just something done by naive children, just playing, or maybe she didn't want the mark there at all...... But her father... that was a different story, Mike could never ask Aki to chose between him and her family. He could never go against her father. But then, the prophesy....... no, it must be someone else, it just couldn't work out for him.*

Saya: Your heart is heavy, young one, but she will come for you, it is prophesied.

*Mike jumped, he hadn't heard the old priestess approach.*

Mike: I don't think so elder, her father would never let her go, not after me. And there was nothing in that prophesy about her coming for me.

Saya: Ah, but there is much more to the prophesy that has been lost. Many centuries ago, the prophesy was given to mankind by the gods, but during the race wars, the book was lost. Some say the kitsune have the book hidden away, that is why their portion of the prophesy is the only one that is still known in it's pure form. But we remember the truths of the other parts.

Mike: Sure, and I suppose you think it says something about me.

Saya: Yes Micheal. We were told the ancients would return to live among us, and that the daughter of the kitsune would come to the smallest of races, searching for the lord of sky and thunder. And that they would dwell among us and shelter us from the chaos, till the appointed day........ There were pieces of the prophesy for each of the races. We have only fragments handed down by our sisters. The humans part told of the Moon goddess and the son of knowledge giving wisdom in the wilderness. The elves prophesy told of the power and the danger of one who is many, and of the son of the humans who holds the key to her peace. The canine race has the prophesy of a daughter of the earth and flowers, who can change the hearts of men. She is sheltered by the warrior who is rejected by his own people. There are other parts that have been lost to time, but the prophesy promises that, in the fullness of time, these children of mankind will bring a new dawn, a new beginning.

*Mike looked at the sunrise, he wanted desperately to believe her, but how could he? *

yuki_tenshi
Otaku
Otaku

Post by yuki_tenshi » February 19th, 2009, 4:52 pm

*Aki stretched and blinked her eyes open. She squeaked when wide brown eyes filled her vision. Toru immediately scrambled off Aki clumsily then he fell on the floor with a thud.*

Aki: What the-- Toru-kun? *Aki went on her knees and peered at the neko boy on the floor, one hand rubbing away the sleep in her eyes.* Are you okay?

Toru, groaning a little: I'm fine Aki-san.

Aki, getting off from the bed: I'm sorry, I guess you startled me. I'm still not that used to you waking up so early.

Toru, smiling: Aki-san isn't much of a morning person, is she?

Aki, grinning: Nope, Aki-san would much rather sleep until noon. *Aki sighed. She ruffled Toru's hair as she passed by him.* But we can't do that.

Toru: Aki-san...after you bring me back home where will you go?

Aki: I don't know Toru-kun. I told you I was looking for someone very important.

*It had been three days since Aki had met with the little neko boy, she promised that she would bring him home to his village before she continued on their way. Problem was Toru wasn't absolutely certain the way to his village which made looking for it a problem. They had been staying in inns with Aki disguising Toru so that they wouldn't be harassed.*

Toru: Will Aki-san visit Toru when she finds that person she's looking for?

*Aki smiled at the neko's voice. She smiled gently.*

Aki: Of course I will.

*Aki went to wash herself, she changed her clothes and stuffed her pajamas back in her bag.*

Toru: You know Aki-san...

Aki: What is it?

Toru: Toru wonders how all those things fit inside that one bag.

Aki, chuckling: Normally they wouldn't. I used a spell so that the things wouldn't take up too much space.

*Aki slung the bag on her shoulder, she checked the room for anything she left and when she found none she went out Toru behind her. She told Toru to stay at the door while she went to pay the manager. She gave the middle-aged woman behind the desk the payment for the room.*

Manager: Where are you headed young one? Surely not deeper into the forest.

Aki: I am...is something wrong?

Manager: Usually there is none but lately attacks have been more frequent. The others blame it on those nekos that built their nest farther north.

Aki: A neko village? Up north?

Manager: Why yes, young one. It was a long time ago but the others think that the nekos are bothering demons and spirits and they are attacking us.

Aki: I see...well thank you for the warning.

Manager: Be careful then child.

*Aki gave a smile before she went to Toru. Finally a lead.*

Aki: We're heading north Toru-kun. The manager said something about a neko village there. Maybe that's your village.

Toru: I hope so. I miss my Mama, Aki-san. I hope you can stay long enough to meet her. She's a very nice neko.

Aki: I'm sure she is. *Aki extended her hand and Toru took it. They walked on the narrow path that cut through the forest heading north.*

---

*It was already several hours since Aki and Toru left the inn. When both their stomachs rumbled Aki decided that they should stop and have lunch. Aki picked a clearing. It was unusual but not unwanted. She sat down on the large boulder situated at the side and pulled out some food from her backpack. She handed a riceball to Toru.*

Aki: Sorry, they're a little squished.

Toru: They're fine Aki-san.

*The two happily ate and chatted for several minutes. All was peaceful until Toru heard a hissing sound. He jumped and whirled around. Aki, immediately on guard, stood up and trained her gaze to where Toru was looking. She had also heard the sound.*

Toru: What was it Aki-san?

Aki: I'm not sure Toru-kun...get my bag and stay behind me.

*Toru took the bag and rushed behind Aki. The kitsune narrowed her gaze and looked at the dense foliage. She couldn't see anything definite but she knew something was there. The hissing sound came nearer, Toru pressed closer to Aki. Aki widened her stance.*

Aki: Come out, whoever or whatever you are...

???: SSSSSSSssssssss

Aki: I don't have time for games...come out now!

*Seemingly as if obeying her a large snake-like creature leaped out from the thick bushes. Toru yelped and clutched Aki's leg. Aki swallowed. What was that thing?*

Snake: SSSSSSSSsssssssssssaaaaavvvviiioooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrr...

*Aki's face scrunched up, she couldn't understand what the thing was saying. She didn't really care. She wanted it gone...now.*

Aki: Fox fire! *Blue flames shot out from Aki's hands and straight to the snake demon's chest. It burned two holes. The snake hissed one last time before slumping to the ground.*

*Aki blinked. She looked at the lump on the ground wondering what that was about. It was too easy. It wasn't right.*

Aki: That was too easy...

Toru: What do you mean Aki-san?

Aki: That thing didn't even put up a fight. It's just weird. *Aki sighed before she turned to smile at Toru.* But I guess that's good. I didn't think it was good for you to see bloodshed. But maybe we should get going just to be sure. I hope nightfall doesn't get to us. *Aki looked at the sky.* I suppose I could stay at your village if...Toru-kun? Are you alright? You look pale. *Aki crouched down to examine her neko charge better. Toru's skin was as pale as snow and his eyes wide saucers.* What--

Toru: Th--there...behind...*the little hand pointed behind her.*

*Aki didn't want to look. She had a feeling it wouldn't be good. The snapping of a twig didn't help. She turned her head to look and found herself facing with a horde of demons.*

Aki: Oh shit... *Aki was on her feet in a blink. She backed away from the demons, Toru shielded from them. They weren't from one race that was sure. There were large wolf-like demons, snake-like demons, demons that was a cross between a very huge bat and a crab and there were demons that she just couldn't describe very well.*

Aki: Okay...we can survive this.

Toru, clutching Aki's hand: We will?

Aki, gulped: Positive thinking will help Toru-kun.

Toru: Yes...we...we'll live through this.

Aki, smiling nervously: That's it.

*The demons moved in closer to the two little things. Aki was only half the size of them and poor Toru was only a fourth. They looked like they were going to be squashed by the large horde.*

Aki: Okay...Toru, listen to me. I'm going to put up a spell. It's a barrier. You will stay inside.

Toru: And Aki-san?

Aki: I will fight them...we won't be able to get away if I can't open a path through them. Maybe they're just like that snake thing...maybe they won't put up a fight.

Toru: What if they fight?

Aki: I'll worry about that Toru-kun. I just want your word that you'll stay inside the barrier I'll make.

Toru: I will.

Aki: Okay. I'll make up an initial barrier. But that's all. I want you to look inside my bag and look for a bottle, it has a greenish-cream powder, I want you to make a circle with it around you. That'll reinforce the barrier. They won't be able to get to you. Did you get that? I will shout to you anything else I might need. I need you to listen well and to focus. We can't slip this up.

Toru: Yes, Aki-san.

Aki: Okay. * Aki clasped her hands together as she chanted a barrier spell, within moments a pinkish dome covered Toru. Aki did several chants as she attacked the demons. Toru watched worriedly and listened attentively to what was happening. He said a little prayer to the gods to keep Aki safe.*

---

*Aki dodged as a large clawed hand came crashing down. She blasted another fox fire as she kicked a demon beside her in the gut. She tried to catch her breath as she leaned a little on a tree trunk. The flow of demons seemed to keep on coming and Aki wasn't sure anymore how long she had been fighting. She pushed away from the tree as a sharp-blade like arm came slashing, it cut the tree in half cleanly. Aki managed to get glimpses of Toru, he was still protected inside the barrier and while some demons had realized that they couldn't get to the little neko boy some were still very persistent. For the first two times she checked she was sure the barrier would hold. The third time scared her. She had saw the little spark of magic, like a little crack in the barrier. She let out a curse and did a back flip effectively dodging an attack and moving closer to Toru.*

*Another spark and Aki heard Toru yelp. She hurried over to the barrier, burning and blowing up the demons that were in her way. She stayed in front of the barrier fighting off the advancing demons.*

Aki: Toru, did you put the powder?

Toru: Yes...

Aki: All of it?

Toru: Not yet.

Aki: Put all of it, now! The barrier is weakening.

*Toru nodded but Aki didn't see, she was shooting blue flames at the demons.*

Aki: Toru! Look in the bag for a pair of Sai. Yell when you find them then toss them to me.

*Hurriedly Toru looked for the weapons, when he found them he yelled. Aki did a half turn, Toru threw the weapons. The barrier crackled as the weapons passed through. Aki caught them in the air. She landed nimbly on her feet. She was already panting and sweat trickled down the sides of her face.*

*Using the weapons she easily blocked the sharp claws the demons had. She shifted pressure and used it to stab the demons. Using some spells she continued her attacks. She was doing quite well until she tripped. Aki fell hard to the ground, her foot caught in a large root.*

Aki: Of all the----

*Aki blocked a oncoming claw with the Sai. She might be stronger than a human but she was not stronger than the demon looming above her. The claw made it's descent to her face with an effort. She managed to roll away before she lost her head. Unfortunately the other demons were just waiting for a piece of her. Large pincers came flying towards her face, she managed to deflect it away from her neck again but it left a good sized gash on her arm. Aki let out an expletive, vaguely she hoped Toru wouldn't pick up her language.*

*Aki was battered by the time she was able to get near Toru again. The large wound on her arm was starting to heal but then that was the least of her worries. The large bat-crab demon managed to get her on the side by its pincers. She was bleeding very badly. She could even taste in her mouth. Her faces were filled with little nicks from both nature and the close calls from the demons. Her limbs were brown and red; a film of dirt covered them with red wounds and bruises standing out. Her clothes were torn and dirty.*

Toru: Aki-san...

Aki: I'll...I---I'll be fine...just a li---little more Toru-kun...

*Aki groaned as she shifted, the side wound was beginning to become unbearable. She was about to launch into the group of demons again but her knees buckled and she fell on the ground.*

Aki: No! No...no...no...

*Aki tried to stand up but her body was so tired. And her vision was blurring. And she could still taste her blood in her mouth. She was going to die. There were still no shortage of demons and she was already at her limit. She turned to Toru to say that she was sorry. She couldn't protect him any longer.*

Toru: Aki-san! Aki-san! *Toru pounded on the barrier protecting him as he watched Aki smile sadly. The demons were still advancing towards her but she looked so tired.* Aki-san...they're coming closer!

Aki, softly: I know. I can't move anymore Toru-kun. *Aki leaned on the pink barrier that held the neko boy away from harm. She wondered how long the barrier would hold. She hoped the demons would leave when they killed her.* I'm so sorry Toru-kun...

Toru: Aki-san!

*Aki closed her eyes, she could feel the demons closing on her. Oh she was going to die. She was going to die and leave Toru all alone. And she hadn't even seen Mike.* I wonder how he is...I hope he's safe...I hope...Oh I hope i don't die. I don't want to die yet. I can hear you Toru-kun...I'm sorry. I don't want to die but I can't fight anymore...my body is just too tired. *Aki waited for the blow that would kill her. She waited. And waited. And waited. And then she waited some more. When she felt like she had her eyes closed for a long time now and she felt no more pain she thought she was dead. She slowly opened her eyes. Bright light made them close. She groaned.*

Toru: Aki-san!

Aki: To--toru-kun? If I can still hear Toru-kun then...

???: Finally you're awake.

*Aki blinked. She groaned when she moved. She rubbed away the weariness from her eyes and focused on the figure looming over her. The figure was a she. And she had long golden and and very familiar blue eyes.*

Aki: Wha--

???: Here...don't move yet. I'll heal you.

*Warmth spread through her whole body, soothing aching muscles and removing away the pain before it receded. Aki sat up without an effort and met the gentle gaze of the woman who saved her life.*

Aki: Sif...

Sif: Oh you remembered! How nice. I'm sorry it took me so long to get here. I'll admit I wasn't too vigilant on your situation, I suppose i underestimated those demons. I should have come the first I saw them.

Aki: It...It's alright Sif-sama. *Aki bowed her head. This woman was a legend. One of the ancient ones. A goddess. Also she was Mike's mother.* Thank you.

Sif: Now, now...none of that 'sama' stuff. You don't have to treat me like that. Simple courtesy is enough.

Aki: Ah--yes...Sif-sam--Sif-san.

*The little sound behind Aki reminded her of her charge. She whirled around to see Toru peeking at Sif. He looked mesmerized. She couldn't blame him. Sif was very beautiful with her golden tresses and sapphire eyes set on cream skin that glimmered under the sun.*

Sif: Oh dear...I have to go now Princess Aki...I can feel the pull of Asgard. I shouldn't be here really but I couldn't just leave you like that. You should hurry to the Neko Village. It isn't far from here, just a little up north more. You should stay there. It will be safer for you.

Aki: Huh...but I have to look for Mike.

Sif: He's there.

*Before Aki could ask any more questions Sif disappeared in a shaft of bright light. Aki and Toru blinked.*

Toru: Aki-san...that was...

Aki: An Aesir god Toru-kun.

Toru: Wow...*Toru suddenly realized that Aki had gone through a beating, he looked worriedly at her.* Are you okay, Aki-san?

Aki, smiling: Yes...Sif-san healed me pretty well. *Aki looked at her clothes. It was still torn and dirty, one side was cut open and was drenched with dried blood but there were no wounds or bruises anymore. Aki and Toru hurried to the north, Sif had said that the village was only close. Aki hoped that it was, she didn't feel like encountering another demon to fight for a while.*

((LONG POST!!! :gg: ))
"If it's boring, get rid of it." [ANTI-BOREDOM!!!]

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » February 20th, 2009, 2:41 am

*Mike dumped the wagon load of rock for the wall and headed back down to the river for the next load. He was happy to have the work to do, at least then he could forget, for a little while. It was nights that were hard, haunted by all the things he should have done, should have said. But now, it was to late....... Mike stopped and looked around, she was near, he could feel it, the amulet felt warm and glowing........ No.... Mike picked up a large rock and set it in the wagon, he was just letting his hopes run away with him again. He's felt this before, but she must be far away, with her family, or,..... someone else. Mike doubled his effort to fill the wagon one more time.*

*Mai Lei stood for a few moments watching the men using mortar and the rocks to build a wall around the village. The defenses Mike had laid out were coming along very well, everyone willing to help. She watched Tien, his muscles rippling as he worked with the heavy stones. She was so glad he had come to the shrine a few nights ago. He was so handsome, his sleek tail and fine ears. Mai blushed furiously, remembering what he's done to her ears. She sighed and turned back toward the buildings of the village.*

*Mai Lei came around the corner of a building, entering the town square. She was a bit surprised, there was a stranger there, with a small neko boy. The strangers cloths were torn and dirty, and there appeared to be blood staining them.*

Mai called out: Say, are you alright? Do you need help?

*The young woman turned toward her. Mai stopped in her tracks, she dropped the basket of fruit she was carrying. It was her! The prophesy..... Mike's description! It had to be her, Mike's Aki. Mai rushed up to Aki.*

Mai, very excited: Are you injured, Lady Aki? Can I help you? Oh, I prayed you'd come and........

Aki broke in: I'm alright, I was injured but I was healed. She told me Mike is here. Is he? Where can I find him?...... please.

*Now there were a number of the village women surrounding Mai and Aki. One very elderly woman, leaning on her cane, looked up at Aki.*

Saya: Aye, he's here young princess. He's with the men, building a wall to defend our people. Now you have come, the prophesy continues.

Aki: Where is he, elder-sama? I need to see him.

Mai Lei, smiling: But you can't let him see you like that. Please, we have to let you clean up, and get proper cloths for you. It just wouldn't do to surprise lord Micheal with your presence without being at your best.

*Many of the village women agreed with Mai, and soon Aki, despite her protests, was being led away. Toru followed the women. He felt sad, he hadn't seen his mother among the women. He had hoped she would be here, but maybe, like his father, she was gone to the stars. Aki was whisked away and soon was getting the royal treatment by the village ladies, right down to selecting the finest of yukata's and altering it to fit the taller girl.*

*As the day became late, the men quit their work and went to get ready for supper in the common dinner hall. They all stopped at the well to have a cool drink and pour some water over their heated bodies, rinsing off the dirt before a quick soak in the bath. Mike poured the water over his bare chest and back, shaking it out of his hair. He was pleased, they had gotten quite a bit of the wall done today. They were getting better at it each day.*