So I think

Stories posted here will be copied to the Fan Fiction page. Please only submit your own work.
Sakura
Resident Kitty

So I think

Post by Sakura » January 16th, 2015, 11:25 am

it's only Oldwrench and purrhaps JHawkNH here.

Frustration dictated that I left the forum for half a year, or even more. Mea culpa (yes, I have had latin lessons recently, but also I had English lessons and it didn't work out)

Before leaving I have tried the compassionate approach to make you get here and write more often. Didn't work out. It was when the aforementioned frustration kicked in. :sob:

We finally have to decide what to do with allanime.org.

This is not a financial reason. This web computer is shared by a few customers, and honestly... whatever other people may tell you, a computer - rented - costs €39-€59 a month. Multiply by 1.2 for US$. Not a big deal.

My "thank mew" goes to JHawkNH who supported me when the money was very, very tight. Very much apurrreciated.

Why I cannot support AAW any longer: I haven't watched any anime in the last 5 years. My favories are still To Heart, Haibane Renmei, Chobits, and Dot Hack. I'm very old-school aren't I? Yet I cannot support a $1000 library of anime DVD/BluRays.

I simply do not qualify for the job.

I can
  • Just let it stay online for historical reasons and move on in life
  • Trying to re-educate the youth by advertising more "To Heart"
  • Allow someone else to carry on
  • Delete the crap to avoid sore eyes
What's your opinion?
What do you call a dinosaur with an extended vocabulary? A thesaurus.

JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Re: So I think

Post by JHawkNH » January 21st, 2015, 8:58 pm

I would hate to see AAW go because it is part of my history, but I would understand if you decieded to shut it down. I know that may sound a little disingenuous coming from someone who has been MIA for almost a month, but it is the truth.

That said, I can't think of anything that could be done to bring the site back to it's former glory. I even bought a full page advetisment in the programimg book for an anime convention and we got exactally 0 new users from that.

I am still able to stay in touch with Oldwrench because we go to some of the same Anime convention, but without AAW I don't know of any way we would be able to stay in touch with you Sakura. I suppose as time goes on and we all grow busy with our lives we tend to loose contact with our friends. It would be a sad day, but if you do decied to shut down AAW I would understand and would like to take the time to thank you for all your time, effort, and all the great memories. :thumb:
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » January 24th, 2015, 6:53 pm

The main purroblem is, the software version of phpBB we use is no longer supported. The design we're using doesn't exist for the newest version of the software.

After upgrading, the board would look something like this:
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/styl ... n/demo/3.0

(yes our smilies aren't there!) :sob:

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » January 24th, 2015, 9:42 pm

That looks exactly like lots of others :pif:

I'm sorry that the friends we have had here have seemed to have moved on. I can understand that though, there is so much to do in life. I have the same sentiments as JH. It would hurt me to lose the friends I found here, but it seems they are fading away bit by bit. I would have liked to have met all of you, as I did JH and Zera, I realize that would never happen, but it's an interesting thought.
JH is right, I tried to talk with people and to find some new members, but instant social media has seemed to take away a lot of the people from forums. Forums don't seem to be cell phone friendly. People can't really text on them while driving like they can on twiddle. Maybe that's a good thing.
I still wanted to finish the 5 min story....... I know, I've had lots of time, also lots of writer block, sigh. I may just have to finish it for myself.
I can't help with your decision, I want you to stay, but I understand it is hard to justify for two people. Whatever you do, remember we will always be friends.
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Kira
Angel
Angel

Post by Kira » February 4th, 2015, 6:38 pm

Hello, True believers. Yes, it is I. The infamous Kira back from beyond... ooooh. /cough
*ahem* Sorry. So, I'm in the same boat with Sakura. Haven't seen anything new or different in a long while, tho I've been hearing this Titan one is making a huge noise, mostly because from I heard, its banking on the popularity of the zombie boom. Which I feel is the new "anime" boom.

I have just gotten busy with life, work and school. Got two ankle biters at home and majoring in Business Administration. In my spare time, I've gotten into my first loves films and comics. Even incorporating them into my business world. I enjoyed my time here, and had hoped to have stayed in contact with a lot of you. if any of you have a facebook or know the other. hit me up. who knows, maybe we can recreate allanime onto the facebook platform.
You don't see yourself clearly at all. You're not like anyone I've ever known. You Fascinate me.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » February 14th, 2015, 9:53 pm

It was a false alarm in this case. The phpBB website suggested that phpBB 3.1 is the only supported thingy and that we have no choice but to upgrade which totally breaks the design of our old website.

However, they released the security fix for 3.0.x. Thankies!

The purrrroblem is, when 3.1 becomes mandatory we'll have to switch for a default design.

This website will not vanish! Sorry if you had the impurrression it would. It will not. The server is paid for by Olray's nice customers. We're totally meowkay.

Your resident kitty,
Sakura