5 Minutes: First Year Crichton

Stories posted here will be copied to the Fan Fiction page. Please only submit your own work.
Kira
Angel
Angel

Post by Kira » July 6th, 2010, 6:38 am

Chapter One: The Beginning of Darkest Days.

Johnathan Richard Winters, Jr., Sits at his desk, looking at the pictures he's just uploaded onto his computer of his high school sweetheart. The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly is playing in the background. One of his favorite movies. John feels amazing. In just three weeks, he started the academy, taking Space Life Science. Hoping it'll lead him to his dream job with NASA. Also his girlfriend just left, from staying with him over the weekend, promising they'll wait for each other. John was always so-so when it came to girls. Wasn't exactly the “ladies man” but rarely struck out. John is very active, intelligent, and quite handsome. Girls always found him funny, easy to get along with, and plus he knew a lot of trivia from pop culture to history, John, never ran out of material to talk about. While in High School, a lot of people thought he would have gone into acting, he was very active in drama, or becoming a writer, he loved to tell tales, and was known to expand the truth a bit. He knew what people wanted and liked to hear.

John comes from a very well known family. His father is Major Johnathan Richard Winters, and his ancestries dates back to that of Major Richards Winters, of Company E, a paratroop regiment during WWII. At the age of 18 John, Legally changed his name, to John Robert (after his grandfather) and taking his mother's maiden name, Crichton. John wanted to be his own person and not be overshadowed by whom his family was. John grew up watching and loving war, western and Samurai movies. Clint Eastwood being his hero. He's a fan of the very old movie from the 20th centuries. Even having music from that time period, growing up a lot of his friends say he was born in the wrong century. When he was a boy, he would always watch a very old movie called, Star Wars. Which caused his love for space.

John is waken from his trace, from a lite tap at his dorm-room door.

“Um, Yes?” He calls out.

The door opens, a tall young man walks in, “Um, Hi. I'm Greg-Gregory Lamela.” Greg reaches out and extends his arm. John gets up from his desk and goes to greet him.

“Ah, Finally, I was starting to feel kinda lonely here. I didn't think I was ever gonna get any roommates.” John Chuckles.

Greg looks at the room in amazement. John claiming just sa mall corner of the room, had a large collection of Comic books, DVDs? Where did he find those old relics? 20th century literature, and figures. “Wow! You're a hunter! I've heard of people like you, but I never met one!”

John. Can't help but smile and laugh, “Wow, thanks, you make me sound like I'm some rare freak show.” John teases.

“Well... Yeah! You are!” Greg laughs.

John smiles, “I like you...Greg? I can see you and I being good friends.”

“Wow, my girlfriend, Heather is gonna love meeting you! Man! She is so shelter!”

Greg, reads some of John DVDs, John continues with small talk, “So what are you majoring?”

“Um, Environmental science, I wanna help preserve the remaining wetlands Earth has. With all the space exploration and outworld colonies. A lot of people forgot about our motherland, Earth. All the Allies pump money into space resources, Granted with only 2billion people left staying on earth it helped greatly with restoring natural resources and slowing down pollution. But the years of abuse and damage she took...”

As Greg went on talking, John felt a little bad, He was born on earth but always dreamt of space, never stopping and realizing the truth in Greg's words. Suddenly another knock on the door.
“I'll get that,” Greg walks to the door. He opens it and another fairly tall, but very baby-face young man stands at the door.

“Hi, Nathan Ausmus.” The young man just barges right in, with a military looking sack over his shoulders, he goes to the nearest bunk and sits his stuff down.

Greg is still standing at the door, Greg closes, “Um, Okay? Hi... I'm Greg, and that there is John.”
John waves and smiles. Nate just rest on the bed, he reaches into his sack, pulling out a black with white stripes leather jacket, using it as a blanket, and pulls a cowboy style hat and cover his face and knocks out.

“Um, Wow?! Is-is he for real?” Greg ponders.

John, goes back to his computer. As Greg goes back to looking over John's Stuff, “You mind?” Greg asks pointing at a few books and comics.

“Nah, be my guest. Anything you like to know, just ask me” John tells Greg.

“How long did it take you to collect all this?” Greg, picks up a book, World War Z and flips thru it.
“Um, Since Middle School? Maybe. My older brother was a semi-hunter, he was picky. Me, I like it all.”

Nate mumbles in his dream state, “Lucky Bastard.”

Both John and Greg stop to look at Nate.

“Um, Excuse?” Greg asks.

“Pretty boy, over there, a fellow hunter, I'm a semi-hunter myself. I'd be full-blown too, like this guy, but I didn't have that much money.” Nate gets up from his bed and grabs his sack, he opens it up and reveals, a small collection of DC Comics and trinkets. “This jacket is that of Hugh Jackman, from a movie he did, it was a comic book movie.”

John chimes in, “Oh, right! X-men, but wasn't the jacket Brown with Yellow stripes?”

“Dammit! I thought it was a fake!” Nate just falls back to bed and quickly falls asleep.

“So,” Greg started, pointing at the Book he had picked up, “World War Z, that's that um...Zom-Zombie book right?”
“Yup, its really good. I can see a guy like you, liking it. Keep it if you like, that's my paperback copy, my hardcover is back home.”

“Um, you got a lot of zombie stuff?” asked Greg.

“Yeah, movies, comics, and books. You into them?”

“Well, I just saw Zombieland, a friend back home, found it at some old guys yard sale, we had to hunt for my great grandfather's movie player... So, I've been meaning to ask you, what do you think about the Earth Alliance and the peace treaty with the Planet Tarsonis?”

“I'm Sorry?” John sounded confused.

“There's this Planet that Earth wants to use their resource. Its a planet that's perfect for Industrial development. The planet is inhabited by a few million people. Its rich in agricultural. They were once minority class on Earth, when the colonies were being built, they used them for labor, with they're knowledge in agricultural and bio-genetics, they were perfect for helping the colonies build a proper living civilization with promise of freeing them with their own planet, over the years their planet has quickly grown to be a mighty industrial planet. With Earth's “Campaign” to expand. They want to once again use the people for their service.”

John, has a memories of his father...

John's father is in a room with another military officer.

The Military Officer speaks, “Major Winters, We like you to lead in the campaign against Largo Stark, we believe he has stations himself on the planet Bacta, there he's gaining the support and sympathy from the Out-World Trading Company, if we lose the Out-World Trading Company, we lose control over all the colonies. We'd like you go to Tarsonis.”

“Sir, Why Tarsonis?” Major Winters asks.

“Because, you've worked close with them, during the Currahee War. They trust you.”
“But what are they to do for us?”

“John, we want Tarsonis to build us weapons.”

Major Winters eyes widen, “Sir, you know as well as I do, The treaty was that the inhabits could be on their own, if they promise to never build weapons.”

“Yes, I know that, that's why we are keeping it under wraps. For for,” He coughs, “'Official' books, Tarsonis is simply aiding us in this war as 'advisors'...

John, simply walks away from the door and goes to his room to study, for his college entrance exam.
You don't see yourself clearly at all. You're not like anyone I've ever known. You Fascinate me.

Kira
Angel
Angel

Re: 5 Minutes: First Year Crichton

Post by Kira » July 6th, 2010, 6:39 am

Chapter two: Shatter Dreams.

John wakes up the next morning. He is the first one up before his new roommates. Gregory Lamela, and Nathan Ausmus. He goes to shower, turning on the shower radio.

“In other news, Largo Stark is rallying a campaign urging the the colonies to unite and create a new and true united federation for the colonies,” The radio cuts to a audio clip of Largo Stark, “I understand Earth is our motherland. But like America of old. It was once part of the great British Epire, before Becoming one of the most influential country in history. It is time we colonies do the same with Earth and create our own freedom and history. We shall become a grand empire. A True untied galactic empire.”

John, shakes his head. Maniacs, the lot of them. How can father stand being in the military.

Major Winters sits at a conference table along with other high profile officers.

“Gentleman, it has already begin. Largo is rallying up and gaining the support from the outer world colonies. If this keeps up, we will lose all that we've worked so hard to fight for and hold on to. Major Winters, have you had any luck with contacting the planet Tarsonis?”

Major Winters speaks up, “Sir, Tarsonis is claiming to remain neutral, but will allow us to stay and collect ourselves, after a long battle... that is if we are to go to war, sir.”

“Major Winters, don't act so smart, you already know well enough, that we are already at war.”

“I'm sorry sir, I was not yet aware that, since I've yet to have time to prep myself as well as my men. I this was simply talks and negotiations. General?”

The General gets red-face, “ Major Winters, are telling me that you are not fit to lead your men into battle and if that is the case sir, then I have no problem then to have you set down and have and Colonel Sobel led your men into battle.”

Major Winters makes a face, knowing full well that Col. Sobel was the most incompetent man he has ever met, a man, during his training days, got lost in every mission. Winters sighs, “No, Sir. That is not what I am saying.”

John is out of the shower ready for the day, Greg is up, a woman is in the room with them.

“Morning, man! Hey, this is my girlfriend, Heather.”

John goes over and shakes her hand, she sees John, blushes and smiles, “How do you do?”

“Oh, wow, aren't you proper.” She blushes again.

“Yeah, Sorry. I come from a military family.” John informs her.
Greg looks up at him surprised, “You never mention that?”

“Um, I'm sorry. I didn't know it was that important.”

“Its not, I'm just surprise is all.” Greg sounded a little annoyed.

Heather, feeling the tension tries to break the ice, “So, John what are you in school for?”

“Um, I wanna work for NASA, I wanna be a pilot.”

“Wow, Mmm, so you get a uniform?”

John blushes, “Hahaha, um yeah. If I'm lucky enough to get in.”

Heather sizing him up, “I'm sure you will. Say we're going to breakfast, if you wanna join?”

John looks over to Greg, who is glaring at him, “Um, maybe so other time. I got plans already made.”

O-Oh, okay.” Heather sounded truly sad. “Maybe next time.” She smiles.

“Sure, its a date.” John Chuckles.

Heather turns bright red. “Okay, bye John.”

Greg and Heather leave. Nate rustles in the bed, “She wants you.” Nate goes back to sleep.

“Dude! Serious, are you for real? Do you even have any classes?”

Nate once again shuffles in the bed, “You're wasting your time here. NASA, they'll screw you once they get the chance. Trust me.”

“Sure whatever you say.” John goes to leave.

Nate, hearing the door shut. Looks around the room and finally gets up. He reaches into the bag and pulls a small radio out. “Sir, Ausmus, here. I've arrived late last night, Lamela was already here, when I arrived, I'm not sure how much of a head start he had on me. The son of Winters doesn't talk much about his father or family. Ausmus out.”

Major Winters Sits in subway trolly. Looking at a picture of his family. Man comes from behind.

“You, Solider?” The man asks.

“Huh, oh yes. I'm a solider.”

“I knew, I saw uniform, saw you all uptight,” The man chuckles. “You here, must mean war time, yes?”

“Excuse me?” Winters asks in confusion.

“Your people call me trainman,” He chuckles, “I live on this train, pretty much, whenever you people come on this train, its because of war.”

“Your pretty insightful, Can you tell me, have you seen anyone else on here?”

The man, stops and thinks, “Yeah, Three days ago, a very young looking man, called himself Ausm...um, Awesome? Something like that, Said he was getting ready to go to some school.”

“Hmm, Awesome...I wonder.” Winters trails off in thought.

Time passes. The Trainman taps Winters, “My friend, end of the line.”

Winters wakes from his daze. “Thank you. Um, you got a place to stay?”

“Yes, I live everywhere, hahaaha. God is my home. People go off in space, thinking they hit heaven, but forget about God, sad really.”

“That's one thing you have right. God be with you, Sir.” Winters get up and leaves. Exiting the train trolly.

After Winters is long gone, the man looks over, “ God be with you... Major Winters.”

John, is walking back to his dorm, after a long day of classes. Someone bumps into him hard, he looks over and sees Heather.

“Hiya! Cutie.” She smiles at John.

“Hey, Heather. How are you?” John Asks her.

“Good, feeling lonely, maybe you can help with that.” She puts on a teasing smile. She take him by the hand and lends him to her apartment. “Its lonely, no one is there. Please.”

John, captures her hand, and lets her lead the way. John phone rings. He looks at it and its his father, he end the call.

“Who, was that?” Heather asks.

“No one. Come on. I don't want you being lonely.”

“John, its your father... Listen, I'm gonna be going away... for awhile. Your mother misses you. Maybe we can spend a weekend together” Winters, sighs, “I know we haven't been close, but a lot is happening... Big changes are about to happen in our world, and I want us to be a family... I love you son, call me or probably your mother when you get this. Goodbye, my son.
You don't see yourself clearly at all. You're not like anyone I've ever known. You Fascinate me.

Kira
Angel
Angel

Post by Kira » July 6th, 2010, 11:13 am

Chapter 3: McFarlaine

John wakes up next to Heather. Holding her close to him, smelling her sweet scent of after last night. He looks at her for a while smiling. She stirs a bit, and rolls to face him, her face pressed against his chest, she smells his scent and moans, she flutters her eyes open, looking at him with a smile.

“You stayed?” She said sounding happy.

John bends his head and kisses her on the forehead, “Of course, why wouldn't I?” He asks her.

“He, never stays, and he's my boyfriend...” She trails off.

John, changing the subject, “What would you like for breakfast, milady?” John gets up, grabbing his pants from the floor.

“Mmm, you should leave those off, there's an apron if you wanna wear something.” She stops and blushes, not believing she's being like this, not even with Greg was she ever like this.

John chuckles, leaning to kiss her, “I'll be back.” He smiles to her.

Heather playfully pouting, “You better, or I'll be sad,”

John, walks to the other room, he goes for his phone, checking his messages, he sees the missed call from his father, he plays the message. As he does, he turns on the tv, the news is on.

“Thirteen high ranking officers were found dead, during a routine check-up, they were making a brief break at the Lando colony, before continuing to the planet Bespin. They're uniform were stripped and across they're bodies where the words, Largo No Durruti Buena ventura. Meaning, The Good Leader Largo. A term being coined by Largo Stark's Supporters. The press is not yet releasing the name of the men, just yet. In other news...”

John, panics and dials his father, the phone rings and rings, and cuts to his voice mail. John hangs up and dial his mother.

“Hello? John?” His mother asks.

“Mom, hi, um...Have you heard from dad?” He asks in hurried and worried voice.

“You, father, Yes, he's in the shower- Hold on, here he is, you want to speak with him-Johnathan, its Jr..”

John, sighs a sigh of relief. Heather walks in and kisses him on the neck, feeling cold sweat on his neck, “A-are you okay, John?” She asks him.

John, jumps. As his father comes on the phone, “Hello son?” John turns to Heather, “I'm sorry, yeah fine, um, talking to my mom...dad, Hello?”

“Its Good to hear from you son, How have you been, I see you got my message.”

“Um, yeah dad, sorry, I was with a special friend.”

“Oh, Kayla came to stay with you again? Still no roommates?” Winters teases.

“Dad, listen, I just saw the news... I was worried, plus your message...it was like you knew something was gonna happened...”

“Oh, that, Yes, I just received the phone call about that. No, no. That wasn't me, in fact they weren't even real true officer, they worked for the government, but they were just going to the planet to see what supplies our military base of that planet needed and report back.”

“How bad is it getting?” John asks his father.

“Can you afford a weekend?” Winters asks his son.

“Yeah, I don't have classes on Friday and Monday is holiday.”

“Perfect, I expect to see you here, Friday morning. Winters out.”

John, tenses up, hearing his father treating him like a solider instead of son.

John is sixteen watching Cat Ballou with his father, “So tell me, are you planning to join the military after High school?” Winters asks his young son.

“Dad, I told you, I wanna be a NASA pilot.” John tells his father stubbornly.

“Why? You know it'll take you nine years of classes, or you can join the Air Force and in four years Do it. You gotta make something of yourself, not be a taxi driver for space cases. Its in your blood John, weather you like it or not. You know everything there is to know about mechs, I've taught you since you were three, you know how to handle them better than any man under me. You have the blood in you, we come from a strong and direct blood line of air support troop. Son, One day, I promise you, you'll meet someone who will change your life and your gonna wanna do anything you can to protect them.”

John arrives home, his family and friends waiting for him. His girlfriend Kayla runs over to him and kisses him, “You up for a movie tonight? But I gotta warn you, I have my little cousin with me.” Kayla motions over to a young 16yr old Georgianna McFarlaine.

John peeks over to the young McFarlanie. He can't help but admire her beauty and having a sense if knowing her, he shakes the thought. “No problem, Catch me later.” They kiss. Georgianna can't help but stare at him and blush, and feeling a strange pang of jealously towards her cousin, kissing the man, as if he was already hers. It was a strange feeling of fate, she brushes it off to.

John, goes and hugs his mother, “I've missed you, my little turkey.” John blushes at his mother childhood nickname for him. He turns to face his father, they just size each other up. Finally both men, extend their arms and shake hands. “Jr.”

“Dad.” Is simply all they say to each other.

They drive back their home. John goes to his room and crashes on his bed, he looks over his bed-stand and sees a comicbook he's left, he picks up and begins reading. His mind flashes to the young McFarlaine girl. He shakes his head again, and stick his nose in the comic. There's a knock on the door. “Come in.”

His dad walks in. John looks up, “Not today dad. Kayla is in town, we got plans for a movie, I just wanna relax. We have all weekend.”

Winters simply nods his head. “You know, girls come and go, until you find the right one, Kayla is just for fun. Over the phone, I could tell you were with someone else. There girls that are just for fun son, but if your with someone, you need to be loyal to that person, no matter what, or break it off. You're gonna meet that girl, where... You'll risk your life for her, and abandon orders.”

Again, John minds flashes to the young teen girl, he meet, why? He shakes it again, “I know dad.”

“Have fun son...and we'll talk tomorrow, bright and ealier.”

“Yes, Sir” John says in mock solider style.

Winters sighs and leaves the room.

John turns on the radio. “Reports of attacks on Earth Troop are spreading throughout the colonies and planets. Many Colonies becoming rouge and claiming allegiance to nearby planets. Earth's negotiations are becoming more forceful and followed by Earth military troops storming many bunkers believed to be supporters of Stark's Campaign.”

John turns the radio off, John looks around his room and seeing just how many mech model and figures he has in his room, his closet door open, sits a large box with spare parts to older model mechs. John was always fascinated with armor warrior mechs.

As Again the young girl haunts his memory, he face stern and cold looking, yet to have melted and warmed up when they both made eye contact, there was something in her eyes, dark, sad. He wanted to reach out for her, help her...even, protect her? Strange, he had all these feeling for someone he just saw for 3secs. Yet felt like, in the future, will know for a lifetime.

John, picks up the phone and Calls Kayla. “Hey, Kayla. Yeah, I'll be ready by six.... Yeah, Its cool, I don't mind her tagging along... Haha, well with her being there, it might give me a reason to behave, baby. 'Cuz old Johnny boy likes to have a good time.... Yeah, yeah, okay, Yeah me too. Bye.

John arrives at the movies and meets up with Kayla and her younger Cousin, Throughout the night, John the Cousin, would make eye contact, smile and blush, but never once speaking a word together, but yet strangely somehow creating a unspoken bond that will help in the future and be there for one another.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » July 7th, 2010, 12:48 am

This is a really interesting story, Kira. It's quite divergent from the way I had envisioned things, and a bit off the track of the original 5 min, but then, so is my retelling of the story. Keep it up, I very much enjoy this alternate line of thinking. Don't worry if it doesn't fit with the way I'm telling the story. We can always say it's parallel universes.
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Kira
Angel
Angel

Post by Kira » July 7th, 2010, 2:55 am

Haha, Yeah I know, In 5mins, John is 28, here he's just turn 21. So there's a good 7yr. Gap. John and McFarlaine haven't really meant. It was just an introduction to maybe destiny ;) haha.

Also, I wanted a more political view of the 5min world. Haha. So its kinda like the downfall of Earth and the raise of the Empire. So when John and McFarlaine join the actually academy its now the Empire. But we'll get there :)

Kira
Angel
Angel

Post by Kira » July 12th, 2010, 10:11 am

Chapter four: Earth At War.

John wakes up at Kayla House, He spent the night with her after the movie. Kayla told him that Her cousin lives with her, that her cousin's parents had both pasted away, but that she was spoiled, her parents had gain the family inheritance, even though Kayla's father had first birthright to it. Things like that never interested John, he felt bad that the young had lost both her parents. John gets out of bed, before Kayla is up. He walks past The young girls room, he opens and peeks in at her, seeing still asleep, he watches her sleep, and quietly wishes her luck and tells her to be strong.

John is in the study with his father. Major Winters is sitting behind his desk. Going over a few documents, John flashes back as a child seeing his dad exactly like this, even as a child his father was stern and serious. Always the Solider.

“Father?”

Major Winters still shuffles some papers, and signs a final document. “Yes, boy?”

“You're going away aren't you?” John asks.

“I have my duties, for God and Planet. These colonies where form, founded, and created by us. Whether they like it or not, they are from Earth, we have a right to rule and control them. Largo has gone too far this time-” Major winters stops short.

John, noted how informal he sounded when he mentioned Stark's name. “You knew him, didn't you, this Stark guy.”

Major Winters sighs and shuffles through a file and pulls out a picture and hands it to John. “That's me, Craig Ausmus, Neo Tarson, and Largo Stark..”

John eyes widen at the name Ausmus and Tarson, “Ausmus? My roommate is name Nathan Ausmus.”

“I figured as much. Ausmus were always well known for being top spies, I figured his son would have followed his footstep. But why would he be spying on you? Is the problem that's bugging me.”

“And This Tarson?” John asks.

“Before the Earth became a unified planet, We were part of the US. US being the most influential country, it was no surprised that the Earth Adopted so many ideas and looks of that of the US. We were just Private, fresh out of training. 1st gen Armor Suits where being introduced. We were part of the recommissioning of Company E of the 506. Paratroops. Using the mobile suits we were parachuted from planes, landing in enemy camp. US and Japan working together were the only countries with this technology. Germans where in talks with adopting this technology. It'd be within two years with the help of the Germans, they'd greatly improve the technology. Making them what they are today.”

Major Winters takes a sip of water, before continuing, “Tarson, was a young revisionist. Thinking outside the box, he had a lot of great ideas. One of them, making the colonies frees, having the right to rule themselves. Without the Earth dipping theirs in them. Largo was ambitious and impulsive. There are 50 inhabited worlds and colonies. Thus The Out-World Trading Company was created. Of course at the time it was created and under the rule of Earth itself. The Out-World Trading Company is seen as the old proverbs, he who has the gold, makes the rules. Without the Out-World Trading Company, these planets and colonies would have nothing. A lot of these planets were very much uninhabitable, we had to manipulate the atmosphere. The government, seeing far into this, made it so, that these planet had, “Living” conditions, but limited the now resource they could create. A lot of these planets only have about two million people. So in time, with technology they can find a way of creating their own resources. The colonies however, you can import the needs, but because in the end, they nothing more then large living space crafts, there is no true source.”

“Largo, also being smart, saw into this. He knew that the colonies and planets, like the American colonies, would not want to be ruled by someone so far away, wanted to make Out-World Trading Company independent. Largo, became a pirate, raiding the Out-World Trading Company, and selling the items at “Competitive” prices. Because Largo was in the military, who knew all the procedures and protocol, thus allowing him to even sneak aboard military vessels and raiding them, and now giving these planets weapons.”

“So that's what this whole war is about.” John says.

“No, its a lot deeper than that... Son, sometimes war isn't black and white. Sometime...” Major Winters trails off, sighing. “Son, there will come a time, where you'll see that war can have a bigger or smaller picture, that sometimes, men dubbed, evil by an group, isn't evil at all. Sometimes he's missed guided, but his heart in the right place, and that sometimes, someone will have to pay that price.”

The background radio suddenly seems to get louder, “Fire inside a military cruiser was caused when Largo Stark and his men raided the cruiser, Stark opened fire and damaging a main central power cord...”

“That's a lie!” Winters shouts.

“Dad!” Johns yells in concern.

“Largo would never open fire on fellow soldiers, if it was a true open war and he had no choice, but not on a mission like that! Especially since-” Winters stops himself.

“What does this mean dad?” John Asks.

“According to Earth, Largo has officially declared war...” Major Winters looks stern and sad at the same time.

John sits there quietily.

“John, I won't be taking Epyon with me. I want you to have it.”

“What? Dad no. That was your mech, your first and only issued mech. You've never fought without it. The bond!”

“Son, do you remember what I told you, about Epyon?”

John looks off, remembering the past.

John is sixteen, watching his dad fixing up Epyon.

“Son, the thing about being a soldier, is that you are a warrior, you're a fighter. Since, the 21st century, soldiers are just men who have no where to go, no choice, and need money. There no longer fighters or warriors. Hell, there just more machines now than man. I and my group were the last mean trained under the United States. When the war on Currahee took place, we were under the Banner of the US Flag, we were proud of that, and we still carry that American Pride. Hell, we saw ourselves as rock-stars, the last men serving any true untied country. It you look at Epyon...”

Major Winters points the right shoulder of Epyon and there is the US Flag decal, That's still on there now, even After John Took over the Epyon.

“The Epyon is part of a brotherhood unit, Epyon, mine. Zero-Wing, Largo Stark. Death-Strike, Tarson. And Dark Master, Ausmus. There was one other, we never knew who he was, His was the Great Dark, Demon Dragon, King Caesar the Green. Together we where the mighty five. When we past away, we will be the last men to be honored with The US Flag at our funeral. The Last ever to be produced.”

“Dad, I don't-” John is cut off.

“Some say, that these mechs, have a bond that they create and form with, with its user. If a person is true in heart, and is a warrior in spirit, he can active a deep hidden secret with the mobile suits. There were time in battle, I felt it come alive, the four others have claimed it. Son, Always be true in heart, and The Epyon will guide you and protect you and those you most care about and truly and deeply love.”

John stares at the Mech in awe and wonder.

John sits quietly in the subway, the cart nearly empty with only three others in it. He opens his palm and stares at the mini US flag his father gave him. Growing up, John always found US history fascinating. John, feeling a pair of eyes on him, glances up and sees a beautiful young woman, she smiles at him and he smiles back. She gets up and sits next to him.

“Hi, I'm Eva.” the woman says.

“John.”

“What do you have there, John?” Eva asks.

“Just a souvenir, Say you like movies?” John asks her.

“Sure.” Eva says.

“Great, I know a great place that plays some good ole Classic ones.”

The trains carries on, as John and the woman talk.

Kira
Angel
Angel

Post by Kira » July 13th, 2010, 8:58 am

Chapter Five: Eva Green.

John is at a Dance Club, the music is pulsing, John is really getting into the beat. He swings and struts. His new “friend”, Eva watches in awe. They've been seeing each other for three weeks now. Greg and Heather are also with them. Heather stares at Eva and at John. The musical finally begins to fade out. John finishes his little jive.

“Wow, John, I never knew. How did you find this place.” Eva asks him.

“You kidding, this area is a huge gathering for hunters in, with all the school kids. This place has a lot of weekend theme, I was waiting for a Bumblebee theme one.” John informs her.

Greg nudges John. “Say, I gotta use the restroom, anyone else up for a break?” Greg hints at John.

“Yeah, sure. I could use one. Ladies.” John winks at the girls and flicks his smile at them. Both Heather and Eva blush.

As the men leave, Heather turns to Eva, “So Eve, this is the first chance I've gotten to talk to you, tell me, how did you and John met?”

“On a subway train. He was sitting there... almost sad, like-” Eva is cut-off.

“A sad puppy, looking to belong.” Heather finishes.

Greg and John enter the restroom, “I don't what wrong, man, for like three and half weeks, Heather seems so distance to me. Is something wrong? I know you two became good friends since we moved here, and I thank you for that. She hasn't ever really had friends, even back, they were my friends that she kinda just adopted. I think, its Nate, I know he has a thing for her.”

John coughs, “I don't know what to say man, Woman... woman are a whole other league on their own.”

“Yeah but you seem to really know them, like you know what is it that they really want.

John can help but to smirk a little, “Every woman is different, how long have you two been together?”

“A whole year and a half. We were so close before we moved here and even after little, it wasn't until like three and half weeks ago, the night before you left. Speaking of which, where you that night, you kinda just left.” Greg asks him.

“I was with a friend, they needed some, um comforting. I guess you could say.” John tries hard to not hate himself so much.

“Yeah wish you there with us, Heather and I got in a huge fight that night, she could have used some of that comforting.”

John can't help but to cough, “Um, should we get back, don't want the girls to think something is going on between us.”

Greg laughs, and pats John hard on the back, “Yeah, Heather already has her doubts about me on that.”
As Greg and John leave. The restroom. A group of Earth Soldiers, stumble. Obviously already drunk. The band had just started playing a new song.

“Hey, Hea. Wanna dance.” Eva tease.

Heather thinks about John and how hot it would look to him to see her dancing with another girl. “Your on Eve.”

The two girls start to dance with each other. The drunk soldiers make their way to the dance floor, heckling some of the men with their dates. They spot the two girls dancing. Greg and John make it to the main dance area, John notices the men heckling fellow dances. He narrows his eyes. He also notices they have their eyes on Heather and Eva. John starts to power walk. Greg looks lost and confused, but following John.

The owner of the club approaches the soldiers, “Look, we don't want any trouble.”

“No, worries none. There won't be any trouble. Just a little fun and horse playin' later.” The men chuckle. The soldiers just push past him.

The Soldiers reach Eva and Heather. “Well, 'ello ello, my pretties.

Eva and Heather just ignore them. One Soldier reaches for Heather's arm, “I said, 'ello.”

“Hey!” Heather shouts.

Eva, cliches her fists together. John reaches and taps the soldiers on the shoulder, “What do you want?”

“I want to dance with her.” John says calmly.

“This ones mine, Get yourself another girl.” Soldier says rudely.

“She is my girl.” John informs her. Heathers eyes widen at the sound of that.

Soldier looking impatience, lets go of Heather and take a swing at John, John dodges it and nails him in the gut. The other soldier jumps in, throwing punches, John ducking and dodging every punch. The second solider charging, John too distracted one the other one doesn't see him, and gets punch right in the middle of the face. He pulls away from the fight, collecting himself, the other two soldiers not giving John a chance, charge him again.

John Reaches and grabs the men by their arms and drags them down. Kicking them. John moves away, giving himself space. The three soldiers are ready, the leader, gets in front, “Hold on boys, he's mine. Go on, go ahead and try that again. I'll get you, you little bostard.”

John's ready. The leader goes in swinging, John dodging it. The leader grabs John by the shirt. John kicks him hard, but the leader has a death grip on him. John jumps and kicks him in the chest. The Leader, quickly recovers. John is little impress. There is reason he's the leader of this little group and a Earth Soldier.

John Grabs him by the wrist, sucker punches him in the gut. Elbows him in the face. And chops him in the underarm. A maneuver his father taught him. Then he puts his back to the leader as he stun and elbows him in the side and chest. Dropping him to the floor. He picks him up by the feet and slides him to his men. One of lackey soldier charges at John. John grabs him in motion and body slams. John smirks to himself. He always wanted to do a wrestling move in real life.

The other soldier pulls off his military issue knife and slides it to his leader. The Leader gets the knife, “Wanna try this?”

John, is calm this whole time. Eva watching, makes a note of every one of John's moves. The Soldier charges, John reaches for his wrist, angles the knife away from both of them. And elbows him hard in the face, Then slugs him. Dropping the knife. John kicks his right in the face. Then a final hard kick in the chest. All in one shift motion.

Sirens sound, John runs out, Eva is right along with him. “John, what the hell was that!?”

“They were causing trouble!”

“Dammit! John, they were Earth Soldiers, from the look of their uniforms, they were PS.”

“How would you know what the PS look like, unles...” John stops. “Who are you?” John asks her.

“I'm Eva Green, I'm a Earth Soldier.” She tells him.

“What?!” John is surprised. “Are you watching me?”

“No, to be honest, I had no idea who, you have a charm to you, I don't know. You were cute and so sad looking.”

“Why are you stationed here?” John asks Eva.

“Where getting ready for action. We're stationed at Mt. Fordox, Going through training. We're gonna port at the OI Colony.”

“You're a trainee. Are you the Mech division?” John asks her.

“Yes, sir. I'm part of the 501, Earth Division.” Eva informs John.

“The 501st, that's my father divisions.” John tells her.

“That's right, I'm under Major Winters. He's a great man, He's taught me everything I know. We went on a mission...heh, That move, he taught you that, didn't her?” Eva asks him.

“Yeah... He's a very skilled pilot.”

“From what he told me, you are too. He's talk a lot about you. He's proud of you. You have a dream and your just as stubborn as he is about his.” She tease.

“What is my father's dream?” John asks.

Kira
Angel
Angel

Post by Kira » July 15th, 2010, 10:11 am

Chapter Six: A Nation At Morn.

“The Nation Morns today as News broke out of war at the Colony of the moon of OI. 300 confirmed dead. The first battle, of the Colony War of Independence. This First Battle has been dubbed the Moonlight Battle. Major Winters was victorious, in recapturing the Colony...” The report goes on, as John is seen sitting in his room, in the dark.

“When asked if they were part of Largo Stark, they simply said, We are The United Colonies of the Empire....” John yawns and turns the news off. His phone vibrates. Its a message from Heather, request to see him.

Eva Green sits in a shuttles, quiet, distance from the others. Major Winters is also on the shuttle. He looks over to his men, all having a deadpan look. Major Winters gets up and sits next to Eva. “Tell me, Ms. Green. How would you end this war?” Major Winters asks her.

Heather laughs uncontrollable. John is animated telling a tale. Heather pours herself a cup of wine and offers it to John. “No, Thank you. I don't drink.”

“Really?” She questions him.

“Yup, never have before.”

“Serious? Not one sip?” She asks him.

“Nope.” He simply answers.

“Mind if I ask? Is it like a church thing?” She asks John.

“No, just... I don't know really. Just never have.” John stops and thinks to himself.

“Well whatever. I'm enjoying myself.” Heather teases.

“Well, so am I.” Looks at her with sense of hunger in his eyes.

Heather takes a huge sip, finishing her wine, “Why, Mr. John what ever do you have in mind.” She winks and smiles teasingly.

John gets up and rushes her. Pinning her to the ground. She wiggles and wrestle. Giggling. She tears at him, untucking his shirt, she claws at his chest, he tenses up, he goes and nibbles at her ear. She shouts in excitement. She yanks off his shirt completely. Hold her tight as she wiggles, her tops comes undone. She braces her body. John laughs, staring at her, ready to pounce, “Like I haven't seen more of you.”

He launches at her.

“I did not start this war, this war started at the battle of Currahee. You remember that Day, you where there. We were all there. It was the Day America and the other countries ended and this supposed grand Earth Republic Empire started. We are the last of our kind...” Largo starts to a cam from his computer. Major Winters is at the other end.

“I know old friend. But there will be bloodshed. Its already started. People are dying in your name. Killing...” Major Winters trails.

“I know, I didn't ask for this. I didn't want this. All I wanted was to block the Out-World Trading Company. I had everything set. Block the Trading Company, force them to side with me, but they got greedy and are now forming their own order and claiming its in my name. All I wanted-” Largo is stopped, hearing the door open. He turns and see Eva entering the room.

“Hello, Master Largo.” She aims a gun at him.

“I see your skills have greatly improved.” Largo says calmly.

Eva looks into the cam and smiles. “I was trained by the best.”

John sits at the edge of Heather's bed, he twirls the mini US flags between his fingers. Heather stirs, reaching for John, she panics when she doesn't feel him next to her, she shoots up, “Oh.” She says surprise.

“Hey, no worries, I didn't go anywhere.” He scoots himself back to her. Kissing her, tasting her. He reaches around holds her close to him. Their bodies tightening and shivering at the contact of their skin. Heather moans in between their kisses. She reaches for his hand, and feels the cloth in his hand.

“What is that?” She asks him.

“Its my fathers, its part of the old Republic, The American Republic. He would call it, Res publica. Latin for Public Affair.”

“You sound like you came from that ear.” She says seriously.

“Sometimes I wonder...” His mind wonders.

A young Largo and Major Winters are walking along the Bridge of their Destroyer, the Soyokaze, “So tell me this, Winters, How is it that, the day your son is born, is the day Epyon is commissioned to you, and the day America died. Have you gone through the implanting yet?” Largo asks Winters.

“Implanting?” John Questions Largo.

“Yeah, they say that some of these mech, will read your spirit, thus fully understanding the heart of the pilot, thus implanting the essence of you, into it.

Winters running frantically through his house, Calling for his son, looking for him. He runs into his hanger basement where Epyon is stored. He looks up at Epyon. “Tell me, have you seen my son?”

Epyon, as if knowing and understanding Major Winters, opens its cockpit and there inside, lays his infant son, sound asleep. Major Winters goes for his son, as he does so, he looks at the monitors and there plays images of America of old.

John wakes up, hearing Heather crying. He goes to comfort her, “Hey, whats wrong?” He asks her.

All she does is raises the volume of the news. “Again if your just tuning in... I don't... How do I say this. The Earth President, Susanna Luchenko, of the Old Russian district Has been Assassinated, in The EarthGov, Geneva, Switzerland

John eyes widen, Wha-”

“At this time, we do not know the name of the assailant, or how they were even able to enter the EarthGov. Once again, President Susanna Luchenko, 39, was assassinated in office...”

John goes to hold Heather. She embraces him. A knock is heard. And the apartment door opens, “Heather did you hear...” Greg stops as he sees John and Heather together. “Heather?”

Heather cocks her head. “Oh Greg!” She cries.

Greg walks closer to Heather and John, “Hey, man thanks for comforting her. You have heard the news to. You're a good friend thinking of coming her to comfort her... may I?”

John, gently looks go of Heather, “Yeah.”

Greg sits on the bed and Heather chokes and cries, holding. “Shh, its okay.”

John stands, feeling awkward, “I'm gonna go-” He's cut off.

“No, no man, stand.” Please. I think we all could use company. Right, Hea?”

“Yes, please stay John.” Heather pleas.

Vice-President William Morgan Clark, Stands inside EarthForce two, swearing in as next President. Thus becoming President Clark Of Earth Republic. It doesn't take long for Clark's reign to begin, pushing a new Protection Squadron, creating a Secret Earth Police unit, called NightWatch under the PS.

Using Largo Stark as an excuse, creates and calls for martial law, Making Earth a more military police world...

Kira
Angel
Angel

Post by Kira » September 15th, 2010, 2:59 am

Chapter Seven: The Beginning Trial.

President Clark sits in the newly developed EarthGov with Major Winters And Eva Green. Clark looks too comfortable sitting behind the Presidential desk, as if he plans on sitting behind for a very very long time. He's having a meal. “So tell me, Winters. How do you plan on dealing with the Out-World Trading Company?”

“Sir, Eva and I have taken care of the Leader of their hostile takeover. With out Stark...”

“I do not believe Stark is dead. There was no body whatsoever. You claim, Eva dealt with the matter personally. I'd like to know, Ms. Green What exactly happened?” Clark doesn't use any title.

“That's Lieutenant Green, Sir.” Major Winters corrects him. Winters nods to Eva.

“He was on his com-link...”

“Whom was he speaking with, Green?” Clark asks. Emphasizing on her name, without the title.

Eva looks to Winters, “I'm not sure. I wasn't paying attention. Something about his latest plan.”

Latest plan for what? Tarsonis?” President Clark sounded to eager.

Majors Winters taking notice, “Mr. President, If I may ask, what is it about Tarsonis, that you, Largo and OTC, are so interested in? Its just an undeveloped planet. Nothing more than miners and farmers.”

“Ms. Green, if you can finish your story. Please. Lieutenant.” Clark continuing to eat his meal.

“As I said, I'm not sure exactly. I was more concentrating on keeping myself stealth from the enemy. He never did hear me, I pulled my gun on him, he never heard me, I took aim, and fired a shot at him.”

“He fired at him?” Clark asked.

“Yes, my feeling was that, take out the king, and you win the game. I figured Stark was the King in this chest game. The nearby guards must have overheard. They charged in firing. I escaped.”

“So you didn't see him die, then. Correct. Green?”

“No, Mr. President. But it was a kill shot. I promise you that.” Green says coolly.

“I want a body! Not, some Russian picture of a dead Hitler! This war shall not be over until the OTC is on my control and Largo Stark head is sitting on a platter on my desk! Is that clear!?”

Both Winters and Eva stand and in unison, “Yes, Sir.”

They walk out of his office and make their way to the transport. Once inside they take their seat, its only the two of them.

“So, How did I do?” Eva asks.

“Clark didn't really give us much to work with. He's to impatient. I wanted to play, you be the good soldier while I play the butt-kissing, insider he could befriend. He's a greedy man. All he wants is his information. Which means, he has a personality where there is no inside man, he has his loyal subject. Spoon feeding them, as long their taken care of. He plays the butt-kisser. He builds their ego and they're willing to die with a false sense of pride. Of the being the best, even in death. Clark is the most dangerous man in power. And we have to serve under him.”

“So in the meantime?” Eva asks.

“We continue our act. We serve and putout the small fires. The OTC is acting in a rebellion. With Largo out of the picture, they now have unified all the pirates, the Dead-Man Gang, and the Royal Empire financing them. The Out-World Trading Company, has turned into its own little personal mafia army empire.” Major winters pinches the bridge of his nose. “I'm going to go see our friend, Mr. L in our secret location. I want you to take the weekend pass and enjoy yourself.”

“Okay. As soon you locate him, contact me. I'll be back on Earth. I wanna run into someone I haven't in awhile.”

John sits in his NASA Classes bored out of his mind. The teacher gave them a class project that would take up the entire class time, John finished in under fifteen minutes. He hacks into the NASA account, looking up the latest project. He finds a file. Its a declaration, from Clark, asking NASA to develop a new space technology using the theory of wormholes.

John goes through some of the formula and theories, jotting down notes, mumbling to himself, “if they changed this and using his theory...”

John's Teacher walks over to him, “Mr. Crichton, Some people like to work actually work for NASA, before they add in they're own input.”

John looking up at his teacher, smiles, “Oh, come on, teach. We all know I'll get that job.”

“I'm glad!” His teacher raises his voice, stopping the class, “Some of us are very confident in our skills, Like Mr. Crichton is.”

The rest of the class looks over to John. John just smile and waves at them.

Someone taps at the classroom door, the teacher turns to look as Eva Green pops her head in, “Excuse me sir, I'm Lieutenant Green, I like to speak with mister Crichton.”

“Saved by the bell Mr. Crichton, wouldn't you say?” His teacher asks. “And what a lovely bell it is.” He adds.

John smiles to her, as he gathers his things. Approaching her, he gives her a side hug, “What are you doing here?”

“Came to save your sorry ass, yet again. John.” She teases him.