5 minutes...... oldwrench tries story telling

Stories posted here will be copied to the Fan Fiction page. Please only submit your own work.
Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Re: 5 minutes...... oldwrench tries story telling

Post by Hiki » November 8th, 2009, 6:41 pm

Niiiiiiiiiiice :3
Don't feed me violins.

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Post by Zeratul2k » November 8th, 2009, 6:46 pm

Awesomeness!
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph... because good is DUMB!

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » November 9th, 2009, 2:24 am

Another short chapter. The action is really getting hot, and a few people getting a bit riled. Easy there people, it's just training. Somebody might get hurt.

Chapter 12

Chad moved slowly into position. That one mech was the Red Phoenix captain, the one
who jumped on his case, for no reason. Chad remembered the women who had been mean to
him, his mother, his sister Eileen, his last commanding officer, colonel Brooks.
Chad held his breath, the captain turned and looked right at him. If they could see him, he
was toast. There was no way he could defend against two Thunderbirds, not without a beam rifle,
and with his hydraulics slowing him down. He breathed again when Georgianna turned back and
resumed working the manual controls for the air lock. With just his one cannon it would be tough
to take out a Thunderbird, unless you knew the mechs week points. Chad knew where the mechs
had weak points. Chad checked his firing board and smiled, payback time.

Aiden knew if he could damage Dom’s cannons, he would have the upper hand, but so far
he hadn’t been able to get the right blow in. Dominic was doing better than he expected.
Dominic knew his only real chance was to get some distance between him and his
opponent. He tried to move the fight closer to a container that was floating loose in the room.
Dominic ducked behind the container and use all his suit’s power to push off the back wall,
accelerating the container at Aiden. Aiden was caught by surprise as Dominic ran his thrusters to
max and pushed the box and Aiden out the bay door. Dominic stopped at the doorway and
grinned, he had him now.

Colonel Hellwind was upset, there was no way Yuki could override the jamming on all
the channels. He decided not to have her end the training, he’d just see what they would do. It
was just training, no one would get hurt.

Jeff’s lance stopped, inches from Rose’s mech. Ben stood at a connecting doorway, his
lance blocking Jeff’s. Ben pushed Jeff’s lance up and swung under it. Jeff blocked it with his
shield. Ben took his chance while Jeff’s lance was raised and charged at the big mech. He was
going to ram the big mech and push it out of the bay.
Jeff was momentarily surprised by Ben’s block of his strike, but quickly recovered. The
veteran saw the rush of the rookie’s Lancer and noted his mistakes. Ben came at him like he was
going to tackle Jeff’s mech. Ben left himself wide open for a counter strike. Jeff collapsed his
lance to it’s shortest length and used it to strike Ben as both mechs tumbled out into space.
Ben watched as the other Lancer backed away, with it’s shortened lance. Damn, Ben
thought, I didn’t think about that. Well, that takes me out of it.

Megumi was momentarily startled by Ben’s rush into the room, and it was just the chance
Rose needed. In one quick move, she got inside the girls guard and disabled her mech with two
well placed blows. Megumi sat pouting as her mech stopped working and her display told her she
was out.

Chad set his target designators on the two Thunderbirds. He swung the targeting on the
white mech, with red and black trim. That was the captain’s mech. He grinned as he watched the
targeting indicator. His finger hovered over the trigger, waiting for the tone that indicated lock
on. Chad didn’t notice the slight click as the weapons locked on.
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Post by Hiki » November 9th, 2009, 3:36 pm

OH NOES D: That's not good D:
Don't feed me violins.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » November 14th, 2009, 5:04 am

Back with chapter thirteen, an unlucky number? Well, it looks unlucky for someone. Things have gotten very bad very quickly for our group. Who is going to survive this mess. It's just training....... right?

Chapter 13

Chad’s Firefly shuddered from the recoil of the cannon. Tracer shells lit up space as they
streamed to impact on their target.

Aiden stopped, stunned, he could see the streaks of tracer shells fired at the station.

Jeff Hurried to pick up his rail gun from the side of the station. He switched the gun from
safe to live. Someone was firing on them, and he was going to be ready.

“There has been a live fire incident, sir.” Yuki called to colonel Hellwind.
“WHAT!” Dan turned to her screen. “Who’s firing?”
“Unknown, sir.” She replied.
What the.. Unknown? What’s going on? “Cancel the training, immediately,” Dan ordered,
“Have the medical team on alert. I want a damage report.......... Damn, can’t you override that
noise somehow?”

Dominic was surprised to see Aiden just float out in front of him, not even trying to
evade. He quickly targeted the Thunderbird and pulled the trigger........ Dom was startled when,
instead of becoming motionless, Aiden turned and came straight at him.
Aiden’s mech stopped responding for a moment, then came back to life as the indicators
showed all mechs were live again. Aiden rushed at Dominic and slammed his mech against the
wall. He pointed toward his ear then made throat cutting motions. Finally he got his message
through to Dom.
Dominic noticed the other mechs come back on line, he shut off his transmitter and
switched on the radio. “Hey, what the heck. You lost, what are you...........”
“There’s live fire, you damned idiot!” Aiden yelled back at him. Then Aiden rushed off to
see what he could do for the two Thunderbirds. Dominic stood for a moment, shocked, then
followed Aiden.

Chad froze for only a second. He pulled back hard and to the left on the controls pulling
the cannon off target. Chad’s fingers raked at the switches, trying to turn the firing board off, but
it was already off. “STOP IT, STOP IT!!” Chad screamed, but the cannon continued to fire.
Finally, with practiced movements, Chad tore open a panel and pulled the lever of the main
power beaker. Suddenly he was sitting in blackness, the only noise was his harsh breathing and
the pounding of his heart.

“Sir,” Yuki called out, “The firing has ceased, the Firefly of Lieutenant Ross has
appeared at the point of origin. His bio signs are again in the danger zone. We have
communications again, sir.”

As the auxiliary power began to boot minimal systems, Chad sat stunned. That didn’t
happen, it couldn’t happen. The weapons were locked on safe, and besides, he hadn’t touched the
trigger. The main screen came on and Chad saw the other mechs gathered around the two
Thunderbirds. He felt sick, dizzy and weak. It had happened. He’d tried to pull off the target, but
he knew that he was to late. It was all to late. He hadn’t done anything wrong, but it was still to
late, he was doomed. They wouldn’t hesitate, they would throw him out an airlock...... “Blue
Dragon four, returning to the Krikav.” He radioed in. Chad didn’t wait for a reply, he headed back
to the ship.

“Lieutenant Ross is returning to the ship.” Yuki told colonel Hellwind in her emotionless
voice.
“Give me a report on casualties as soon as you can, I’m heading for the hangar deck.”
Daniel called out as he turned to the door. Damn, we haven’t even started the mission and
already it’s a disaster. What was that kid doing? This can’t be an accident, why did he do it?

“One of the Mechs is coming in early,” Bob yelled to chief technician Greg. “It’s that old
Firefly.” They watched as Chad parked the mech in it’s hangar.
Greg looked up at it, “Better get him out of there, if the life support is out he could be in
trouble.”
Bob climbed the scaffold and quickly opened the mech. Greg joined him, helping the
pilot out of the cockpit. They hurried to help Chad out of his helmet and flight suit. The boy was
pale, shaking and sweating.
“I didn’t do it,” Chad told them, ‘I never touched the trigger. The board was green, it was
locked on safe. I didn’t do it.”
“Settle down son,” Greg said, “What happened, what didn’t you do?”
“They’re dead, but I didn’t do it. The cannon just fired on it’s own. They’ll blame me, but
I didn’t....” Chad’s voice was becoming more hysterical.
Greg knew this kid was in shock, and needed some help soon. Something was strange,
cannons don’t fire on their own. “Get to sick bay, pilot. We’ll sort this out later.”
Greg pushed Chad in the direction of the door. Chad didn’t protest, he started toward the
door, walking in a daze.

Colonel Hellwind stormed into the Hangar. “Where’s Ross!” He yelled. He stopped
inside the door, Chad stopped right in front of him. “What the hell did you do? Why did you fire
on Captain McFarlaine?"
Chad looked down at the colonel, “I didn’t sir, I didn’t fire.”
Colonel Hellwind yelled. “If you didn’t fire then who did?”
Chad was pale and shaking, “I.... I don’t....... a ghost, sir.” Chad collapsed.
Dan keyed his communicator, “medical team to the hangar, now.”

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » November 15th, 2009, 3:08 am

Hiki, did I leave you hanging long enough? Do you really want to know captain Georgianna's fate. Would I kill off a character in the beginning of the story......... I've seen it in some anime's. Well, read on, things aren't calming down much, even if the practice fight is over.

Chapter 14

As captain McFarlaine worked the manual controls for the old airlock, she felt the
shudder as her mech was hit by cannon shells. She started to turn just as her mech quit
responding. She cursed loudly as her Thunderbird continued to slowly turn. She saw a stream of
tracer fire arcing out into space. As she continued to turn she saw Lieutenant Herrman’s
Thunderbird begin to spin wildly.
Louis Herrman’s saw the tracers rake across the captain’s mech, then across his own. His
mech began to spin, gaining speed. The veteran quickly checked diagnostics and noted the
pressure drop in the nitrogen coolant for the cannons. He cut the feed to the cannons then began
to control the spin with his thrusters.
Georgianna’s mech started to respond again. She turned to scan the area that the cannon
fire had come from. There was a lot of large debris in that direction. Before she could find the
attacker, Jeff’s big Lancer came between the two Thunderbirds and the debris field. His mech
was quickly followed by Ben’s Lancer, as the two stood guard between the Thunderbirds and any
attacker.
Georgianna tried to help Louis, but realized he was getting his mech back under control.
The music on the radio suddenly stopped. “Damn, about time,” she yelled as she turned up her
radio. The mechs of Rose and Megumi pulled up around her, both were asking if they could give
any assistance. Dominic and Aiden came in close, with the rest behind them.
Georgianna pushed her way through and past the Lancers. “WHO THE %&#$ SHOT
ME!!” She screamed into the com. She turned back toward the Lancers. “WHO WAS OUT
THERE, DAMN IT. ANSWER ME!”
“Ah.... well sir, Chad was the one following you but he wouldn’t...............” Ben told the
captain.
“That’s enough Ben,” Dominic tried to cut him off. “Don’t stir up.........”
“ROSS, that bastard!! Where the hell is he?” Georgianna jumped in. “Torres, where is
he?”
“I don’t know,” Dominic answered, “Just settle down.”
“Settle!!........ %#$&..... YUKI! Where is the Blue Dragon Firefly?” She demanded
“Lieutenant Ross has returned to the Krikav,” was Yuki’s calm reply.
“Son of a bitch,” Georgianna yelled as she pushed her mech at full thrust toward the ship.
Dominic pushed his Thunderbird to race after her.

“Yuki, what is the situation, what are the casualties?” Daniel called to the controller.
“There are no casualties, sir” she replied, “There is only minor damage reported to one
mech.”
We got lucky, he thought. Dan headed for sick bay as two Thunderbirds came crashing
into the hangar bay. Both mechs rapidly parked in their bays and the pilots jumped out.
Georgianna almost tripped herself and fell down the steps in her rush to get her flight suit
off. She rushed down the steps yelling at Bob, who was standing on the hangar floor. “Hey,
where the hell is Ross?”
Bob took a step back, “Ah... in sick bay, by now.”
“I’m gonna shoot that bastard,” she said as she headed for the door.
Dominic stepped in front of Georgianna, “Slow down, you aren’t going to shoot anyone.”
“Out of my way, Torres, this doesn’t concern you.” She glared at him.
Dominic didn’t move. “Let’s just wait till we find out what happened.”
“What happened? The bastard tried to kill me, that’s what happened.” Georgianna ranted.
“Now move, I’m going to kill him.”
Dom stood fast, “He’s my squad, if anyone is going to be pulling the trigger it will be me,
so back off.”
“Out of my way Torres, “she said menacingly, “Or I’ll...............”
“THAT’S ENOUGH!” They turned to see a very angry colonel Hellwind. “NO ONE is
shooting ANYONE. If there is any disciplining to do, I”LL be the one doing it. I don’t know
what’s going on here, but there will be no action until I say so. Captain McFarlaine, hand over
your sidearm.”
“I don’t surrender my firearm to anyone.” Georgianna stated angrily.
“You will, now, captain, or should I make that Lieutenant McFarlaine.” Daniel glared at
her. Georgianna relented and removed her gun and holster. She handed them to the colonel and
turned to leave. “You’ll stay away from Lieutenant Ross, captain, are you clear on that?” “Yes
SIR,” she spat out as she walked away. Daniel was afraid this was going to be a very difficult
command.
Dominic couldn’t help smiling at the dressing down that Georgianna had gotten. He
almost chuckled, till colonel Hellwind turned to him.
“You made one hell of a mess of this, captain, or maybe you’re the one I should bust to
lieutenant.” Daniel’s look was not pleasant and Dominic froze in his place.”I want that device
you used on my desk. You have ten minutes to deliver it, Torres.” The colonel turned and
stormed out the door.

Greg turned and looked at Bob, “Did you get a chance to check over that old Firefly
when it came in.”
“No,” Bob answered, “it came in to late. It should have been checked over at the base
before it was shipped out.”
“Does it look like it was teched before they sent it?” Greg watched Bob shake his head.
“Ya, I don’t think so either. There’s something strange about that thing. I want you to give it a
good check over. Check the weapons board over good. You better find something, or that kid’s in
deep trouble.”

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Post by Zeratul2k » November 15th, 2009, 5:15 am

Nice! This should be made into a show!
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph... because good is DUMB!

Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Post by Hiki » November 15th, 2009, 10:39 am

I don't like character deaths, so you better not :ho: :meh:

I like it :3 :love: :kiss:
I agree with z2k, this should be a show :3
Don't feed me violins.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » November 21st, 2009, 3:21 am

Things settle down, or not. The colonel has a real puzzle now, and one messed up command. Can he straighten things out before they reach the point of their mission? Or will he just throw Chad out the air lock and be done with it? Stay tuned for more.

Chapter 15

Colonel Hellwind walked toward the sick bay. Damn, the mission hadn’t started and
already he had a major mess on his hands. Why did he have to be assigned the dirty dozen. He
reached the sick bay.
“Yuki,” he called on the communicator, “we’ve wasted enough time, proceed to the warp
point and continue with the mission.” He saw the doctor coming out of a room and stopped him.
“I want to talk to lieutenant Ross, is he in that room?” He asked.
“He is, but you won’t be talking to him for a while,” the doctor told him. “Nice that
you’re so interested in his condition.”
Dan rubbed his temples, “right, sorry, things are a mess right now, how is he doing?”
“He’s dehydrated, his blood sugar is very low, and he seems to be in shock. What the
heck is going on? You can’t starve these kids and send them out to fight.” The doctor confronted
the colonel.
Daniel scowled, why would he be in that condition. Then he remembered, Chad had been
traveling for two days, in a rush. What kind of transport had the military arranged for him?
Maybe that had caused the attack. “There were problems with his travel orders, that may be the
trouble. I’ll have to look into it,” he admitted. “Could that have caused him to crack?”
“It could be a contributing factor,” The doctor admitted. “I examined the bio records,
something really had him on edge. His readings were off the chart a few times. Why didn’t you
recall him.”
Daniel shook his head, “Now, I wish I had.”

Dominic looked a bit sheepish as he returned to his comrades. “Ok, I knew I’d catch some
hell for using that jammer, but things got a bit hotter than I figured,” he admitted. “ Rose, would
you go and check on Chad, see if you can get a chance to talk to him, find out what happened.
Ben, follow Captain McFarlaine and make sure she doesn’t decide to go after Chad.”
“And what do I do if she does?” Ben asked. “How am I supposed to stop her?”
“I don’t know,” Dominic answered. “Stand in the middle of the hallway, she wouldn’t be
able to get by you. I have to get that transmitter to the colonels office.”

Colonel Hellwind sat at his desk, looking over the files on Chad, Georgianna and Louis
Herrman. Chad hadn’t served or trained with either as far as he could see. Had something
happened in the short time on the ship to set him off? I better wait with talking to McFarlaine,
she’s to angry to be rational now. Somehow I have to get her to control that. Better wait with
Louis too.

Dominic knocked and entered, carrying the small device. Dan knew he should dress the
captain down but good for using non standard equipment, but he just couldn’t seem to bring
himself to do it. He was just to preoccupied with the shooting problem to spend the effort.
“You’re lucky, Torres, I don’t have time to deal with this now. If you pull something like this
again, you’ll no longer be leading a squad. Now get out of here.”

Georgianna sat at a table in the rec hall, drinking a cup of tea. She let the warmth calm her. She’d
pushed to far again, if they hadn’t stopped her, she might have killed that kid. Maybe he deserved
it, but she didn’t want to be the one facing court for murder. Damn, this time of month she
always seemed to blow up to easy. Maybe she should take the anger management counseling they
recommended. Now that big ape from blue group was sitting over there watching her...... Ease up
girl, he’s just here for that bottle of soda he bought.
Georgianna watched as Louis came in along
with Megumi, they both bought tea and came to sit with her.

Aiden stopped a none to steady John in the hallway. “Stop there lieutenant,” he ordered.
“That performance of your’s was pure stupidity. Hand me that bottle........ now pilot.” John fished
out the bottle and handed it over. “If I even suspect you of touching a drop of booze on this
mission, you’ll wish you were back in the brig,” Aiden said, menacingly. “Now go sleep it off,
and just hope you aren’t needed till then.”

“Yuki, which mechs would have had a view of the shooting, other than those involved.”
Daniel called.
“Eight mechs were outside of the station, of the five not involved, three would have been
in the correct orientation to view the event,” she answered, “Captain Aiden, Lieutenant Higgens,
and lieutenant Harcourt. Lieutenant Harcourt was first to respond.”
“Alright Yuki, call those three to my office,” he told her. I’m not a detective, maybe I
should just lock Ross up till we get back to base. No, this is my command, I have to take care of
this.

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Post by Zeratul2k » November 21st, 2009, 3:45 am

I smell lots of tension in that crew. This keeps getting better!