5 minutes...... oldwrench tries story telling

Stories posted here will be copied to the Fan Fiction page. Please only submit your own work.
oldwrench
Ojiichan

Re: 5 minutes...... oldwrench tries story telling

Post by oldwrench » May 24th, 2010, 8:28 pm

Yes, did you get the other chapters? I'll send these new ones shortly.
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » May 24th, 2010, 8:38 pm

Oh my! it was a cliffhanger. I promise I won't keep you in suspense................. Muahahahahah......... not to long anyway. So, chad really doesn't seem to like Georgianna at all, and she seems dead set against him, but in the end, she's a member of the gang, and Chad will try his best to save her, even if he regrets it later.

Chapter 39

Chad used his power knife to cut through the fasteners on the access doors on the back of
Reina. He had to pry and bend open the tough armor, there was no time for care, right now he
had to hurry.

Georgianna could hear the noise created by the power knife tearing through the fasteners,
it sounded like Chad was ripping the whole thing apart. “Damn it Ross,” she growled, her hands
shaking, “if you screw this up, if you make a mess of Reina, I’ll kill you.”

Chad’s laugh was nervous, “that’s an understatement, Captain.” Chad was carefully
cutting through the casing around the power unit, trying not to damage the control mechanism
inside. “Captain, on the main console, enter, override-MC/module2/ts5, then scroll down to PU-
temp1, tell me what the number is.” Chad requested.

“What?” The gauge shows it’s way in the red,” She replied, “isn’t that enough.”

“That’s not good enough,” Chad insisted, “get me the numbers.”

“Alright, alright,” Georgianna replied. Having something to do helped a bit. “It says
twenty two hundred and sixty K.”

Chad was a bit worried, that was getting close, but he couldn’t let his fear show. “Hey, no
sweat, theoretically, most of these units should go to around twenty eight hundred before they
blow.”

“Theoretically? THEORETICALLY! What do you mean?” Georgianna was getting a bit
hysterical sounding, the opposite of what Chad wanted. “What do you mean by MOST!!!!”

“Hey, don’t get your shorts in a knot.” Chad said calmly as he could. “The materials have
that high a failure point, give or take a bit. There are some variables in the manufacturing. We
still have time.”

“You better hope so, Ross, or I’ll make sure you regret it.” Georgianna sounded a bit
calmer. “It’s a bit over twenty four hundred now.”

Chad tried to work faster, but it was really difficult. The added sensors really helped see
what he was working on, but not being able to see his mech’s hands made working strange and
difficult. “Damn,” Chad muttered, “I wish I could see my hands a bit better.”

“Adjusting opacity,” Ghost broke in.

Chad saw the mech around him become more solid, he could see the mechs hands much
better. “Whoa, that’s enough,” Chad stopped Ghost before things got to dark, “that’s better. Why
didn’t you tell me you could do that? Ya, I know, I didn’t ask.” Chad found it much easier to
grasp the edges of the metal case and bend them back.

The other pilots heard the conversation and knew what was going on outside the ship.
Dominic, Rose and Ben gathered by a com, listening intently. Ben noticed Rose was praying. He
hadn’t done much praying in years, but thought now might be a good time to try.

“It’s going up faster, Chad,” Georgainna called out, “It’s almost twenty six hundred K
now.”

“Ya, I’m in, now I just have to find out why the mechanism won’t close down.” Chad
looked over the linkages. There it was, in the back. “Damn..... Ok, I see it, a guide rod must have
broken off, it’s out of it’s hole and holding the control system open. Trouble is, it’s the one way
in the back.” Chad couldn’t reach in to the rod, he needed a tool, and those were all in the ship.
The knife wouldn’t work, he had to pull the rod toward himself. Chad used the knife to cut a strip
of metal from the casing, then used the back of the knife to bend a hook on the end. Yes, now he
had a tool to hook the rod and pull on it. Chad threaded the hook into position and tried to pull
but the rod wouldn’t move. The pressure of the mechanism, trying to close, held the rod tight. The
only way to relieve the pressure was to draw more power.

“Captain, the rod’s stuck, you’re going to have to turn your shield on to draw more power
to get it free.” Chad explained.

“Your insane.” She told him. “The temp is over twenty seven hundred, I can’t turn the
shield on.”
“Yes you can,” he insisted, “turn it on and when I tell you, turn it off.”

“I can’t.” she wailed.

“Yes you can.”

“I can’t, it might blow up.”

“If you don’t, It WILL blow up. Now DO IT!” Chad yelled at her.

“Noooooo” Georgianna cried out as she turned the shield on.

Chad quickly pulled the rod into position. “OFF.”He barked.................. “DAMN IT.”
The rod had missed by just a fraction, it was stuck tight. “Do it again”

“No!” Georgianna said, weakly.

“You have to, right now.”

“No, no.... it’s twenty eight hundred, I can’t.” Georgianna wailed

“DO it, NOW, captain.” It was the commanding voice of colonel Hellwind

The shield came on and the rod loosened up again. Chad tried again to line up the rod, far
in the back of the unit. “OFF,” Chad shouted

Everyone listening in the ship held their breath. It felt like long minutes passed, with not a
word, but it was actually only seconds. Had Chad been in time?

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » May 25th, 2010, 2:47 pm

Mew is stuck at chapter 32 :swt:

I'm currently looking for "generic" images to spice up the book (75 pages including chapter 32) but of course I have copyright purroblems. We cannot "publish" the book on paper without having proper licensing... I really would like to have it in paper form like Dinky's book...

(Dinkys book literally was a copyright nightmare. Stolen characters, stolen anime series, stolen song texts... I feel guilty for having it in my bookshelf...)
What do you call a dinosaur with an extended vocabulary? A thesaurus.

Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Post by Hiki » May 25th, 2010, 7:11 pm

I might be able to provide some pictures, but only after my exams and everything (so that will take a while).. :swt:
Don't feed me violins.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » May 25th, 2010, 7:25 pm

That would be nice Hiki. I'd like Bunny to draw some too, if she has time. I think Zera still has some mech drawings from the original story.

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Post by Zeratul2k » May 26th, 2010, 2:34 am

The mecha drawings are copyrighted, since they were taken from gundam. I did have some ship designs of my own but I seem to have lost them in one of the many moves I've had since 5 Minutes (the original) started. I'll try to reproduce some, but keep in mind that my drawings suck royally, they are more in the category of sketch than anything else.
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph... because good is DUMB!

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » May 26th, 2010, 2:30 pm

Line art sketches might be very interesting for the story.

xXemobunnyXx
Established Member
Established Member

Post by xXemobunnyXx » May 26th, 2010, 7:45 pm

I'm very interested so far, this looks like good writing...even though I just started! I'm ....a little bit....behind here, but I'll catch up eventually. :thumb:
Little girls can love unconditionally....and they can hate unconditionally as well...

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » May 27th, 2010, 12:36 am

Back with the next chapter. Will things finally calm down? Well, you'll just have to read on to find out. I have relatives here for the next week wo I won't be writing more for a few days. Hope you enjoy this so far.

Chapter 40

Colonel Hellwind stood with his fists clenched so hard they hurt. He shouldn’t have
risked it, he couldn’t stand to lose two more units. The wait seemed interminable, he was ready to
call out, he had to know if they were still there, just as he heard Chad’s voice, “yesss!” Followed
by Georgianna’s, “It’s going down.... the temp is going down!”

The hangar erupted in cheers, the pilots and techs all relieved that their two comrades had
survived. But there was little time for celebration, The life pod was being dragged into the hangar
by the recovery bots, and there was damage to several of the mechs, that would keep the techs
working round the clock.

Chad snapped his two cables onto Reina, “just keep everything tuned off, captain, I’ll tow
you back..”

“Hey, I can make it back myself,” Georgianna insisted, still feeling weak and shaky.

“No, you can’t,” Chad informed her. “I, ah, sort of had to bend the thrusters out of the
way. You’d just go spinning in circles. Sorry.”

“Damn,” Georgianna pouted trying to regain her tough attitude, “You’d better be able to
fix that, or I’ll be pissed.”

The main airlock into the life pod had been jammed from inside. The manual locking
mechanism wouldn’t move, so the techs were using plasma cutters to burn through the hard alloy.
They stopped and looked when Chad’s mech came into the hangar holding up Georgianna’s
damaged Thunderbird. Two mechs quickly set to work hooking cables to the mech and hoisting it
into it’s bay. Chad wearily parked Ghost in his own bay, then slumped in his seat.

“Thank’s Ghost,” he muttered, “you really helped me out there. There’s so much I don’t
know about how to use this mech.”

“You are quite welcome,” Ghost replied in her soft female voice. “I believe we shall get
along very well.”

Chad smiled, maybe he could get along with a girl........... or two, on this mission.

Aiden sat in his mech, his head in his hands, he’d failed. They never should have trusted
him., he’d failed and caused lieutenant Harcourt’s Lancer to be destroyed, and possibly caused
Jeff’s death. He’d had to pass the Lancer, he saw the damage....... could anyone have survived
that? Aiden wished he’d died out there.

John sat on the steps of the platform below his mech. He was very relieved that
Georgianna had made it. She may hate him, but he just couldn’t feel the same toward her. He was
exhausted. It had been a tough fight. Something wasn’t right, he just wasn’t able to..............

“Wow John, Epyon really looks beat up. You must have had a tough opponent.” Megumi
said sympathetically.

John smiled, things were looking up. “He was a tough one, darlin,” he drawled, “In fact
all three were tough.” John exaggerated a bit. He hadn’t really done much fighting with that third
one, Ben had knocked that one out.

“You fought three mechs? Wow, I only fought two. The first was easy, but the second
one I just couldn’t beat.” Megumi said sadly.

“The way they kept surrounding me, appearing and disappearing sure made it hard to get
in a decent attack.” John told her. He happily got into telling his, slightly embellished, tale. He
thought Megumi looked sufficiently impressed.

Chad climbed out of his mech, he could see the sparks from the plasma cutter working on
the life pod door. He wondered who they would find in the auto doc in the pod, could be anyone
from the Ticonderoga. Well, that was best left up to the med techs. Chad looked over to Captain
McFarlaine’s mech, the techs almost had the cockpit cut open. Chad decided he’d better leave.
The damage he’d done to Reina wasn’t that bad, it could easily be repaired, but it looked bad, and
he didn’t want to be around when the captain saw it.

John was really getting into the good part of his tale when Aiden came up behind him.
The captain had looked over his groups battle data before leaving his mech. “It seems your
imagination is adding a bit to your memories, Crichton,.” Aiden broke in. “Why don’t you tell
her how many of those mechs you destroyed?”

John jumped, “well, actually, it was.......” He was interrupted by the clang of the life pod
door as it hit the floor.

The techs just finished cutting around the door of the pod when something from inside
knocked the door outward. As the door hit the floor a small individual dived out of the pod and
rolled to her feet. The guns the small girl held looked to large for her hands, but she held them
like she knew how to use them. The techs jumped back and pilots ducked.

A tech was helping Georgianna out of her damaged mech when the commotion started on
the hangar floor. Georgianna leaped out of her mech, knocking the tech to the floor. She landed at
the edge of the platform, in an instant she drew her gun and collapsed into a crouch, gun pointed
directly at the girl.

The young girl saw the captain jump from her mech and before Georgianna had her gun
out, she had taken aim directly at the captain. Her finger tightened on the trigger.

Georgianna had begun to squeeze the trigger of her gun when Colonel Hellwind stepped
into her line of fire. “Controller, lower your weapons,” the colonel barked. The girl hesitated, she
looked quickly around her. “I am colonel Daniel Hellwind, EDF four hundred and twenty
seventh light armored. I’ve given you a direct order, put down your weapons.” The colonel told
her, sternly.

The girl bent down and laid her guns on the floor. “My apologies, sir,” She told him in an even
voice, “I was unsure of who had retrieved the life pod. I am controller Ryoko Asakura of the
CWS Ticonderoga, sir.”

“Well, Ryoko, lets see to whoever you have in the auto doc.” Dan smiled at the girl.

“It is colonel Johana Kerlov, sir,” Ryoko replied, “I did not know the extent of her
injuries so I put her into the automatic medical system.”

Dan’s knees felt weak, it was Johana! “Medical team, get in there, now!” He ordered.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » May 30th, 2010, 9:51 am

Mew I purringly... errr... may I kindly point you readers to:

http://www.allanime.org/?5min

where you will find a formatted PDF which contains all the story, including Oldwrench's comments in a much more readable form :pat:

Now, send me catnip meeow~~
...and some ice cream to Oldwrench... :ho:
What do you call a dinosaur with an extended vocabulary? A thesaurus.