The Game

Moderators: Raine, agito_0291

agito_0291
Full Time Otaku
Full Time Otaku

The Game

Post by agito_0291 » January 11th, 2008, 9:33 pm

The year is 2050. Science and Technology have greatly advanced due to a bizarre incident occurring in the year 2023. A large meteor, previously thought to be a planet destroyer, landed in Northern Africa. It destroyed the upper half of the continent but strangely; the rest of the world was barely affected. Instead of the dust clouding the air a strange particle, dubbed the "TEAK" particle, (Treasured Afrika in remembrance of the country and the meteor impact) was released that allowed technological advances previously heard of only in sci-fi stories. Along with these particles, a different scientific abnormality has occurred. From the day that the meteor struck, baby animals have been found in the cribs of newborn humans. The reasoning behind these animals is unknown and many scientists have devoted their life to trying to discover the mystery behind them. So far they have discovered very few things, these being: they animals are, without a doubt, animals; thousands of different animals have been recorded leading to the belief that any/all types of animals can be found; the animals can not stray far from their partner without becoming ill; the animals age according to their owner; and last but not least, the owner has a telepathic link with their animal. After discovering this last detail, the animals have been more frequently called Spirit Animals or "S.A." for short.
-------------------------------------------------------------

*Nick stepped out of the rain and entered the police station. He ignored everyone in the room and walked into a side office where Police Chief Wicket was waiting for him.*

Wicket: Nick, good you made it!

*Nick took off his rain soaked jacket and hat then turned to look at Warren.*

Nick: So what's the problem? It's got to be something big, you pulled me off a great job for this. It better be worth it.

Wicket: Oh it's worth it all right, look here. *He reaches for a file and pulls out some pictures of motionless people lying in all sorts of positions.* All of these people, I think its roughly 20 now, have been found in the past 2 weeks. All of 'em have been killed in the same way.

Nick: How’s that?

Wicket: That's the point! We don't know! We show up after getting a non-traceable call and find these people lying there, their S.A.'s lying in pools of blood. We go over to check up on the bodies and strangest of all they're still alive! But they don't even move. They're in some sort of shock, maybe even a drug.... anyway it leaves them in a catatonic like state until they die a couple hours later.

Nick: Any leads to the one behind it all?

Wicket: Not a clue, at least not that I know. Here take this badge, It gives you clearance to go to any of the closed murder sites if you need to, future scenes as well. We also have another detective that will be joining you...

Nick: Who?

Wicket: Some girl from the United States. Think her name was Heston, Kim Heston, supposed to be the best they.... hey where you goin'?

*Nick immediately got up after hearing Kim's name. He grabbed his things and walked to the door, pausing before leaving. *

Nick: I'll take the case only because I owe you, just know this: I will NOT be working with her.

agito_0291
Full Time Otaku
Full Time Otaku

Re: The Game

Post by agito_0291 » January 11th, 2008, 9:34 pm

((This is z2k's first post))
*Danny opened his umbrella and stepped out into the rain, Blizzard following him closely. He walked a couple of blocks and entered a coffee shop named "Coffee Of Doom". *

Danny: Big capuccinno, please.

Dora: Coming right up.

* Danny sat near the bar and placed his backpack next to him. He sighed as he looked around, stopping on Dora and her Spirit Animal, a parrot. *

Dora: Going to another interview?

Danny: BAE Systems. And Land Rover in the afternoon.

Dora: At least you're not losing hope.

Danny: I'm starting to...

* Dora served Danny the capuccinno and patted his head. *

Dora: You're gonna be okay, don't worry!

Dora's S.A.: Don't worry!

* Danny smiled as he sipped his coffee. *

Danny: Thanks, Dora.

* Danny paid for the coffee, picked up his backpack and umbrella and left towards the subway. *

agito_0291
Full Time Otaku
Full Time Otaku

Post by agito_0291 » January 11th, 2008, 9:35 pm

((This is yuki_tenshi's first post))

*Runica shook herself to get rid of excess water after entering the Police Department. Kuma was closely behind her doing the same thing.*

Runica, muttering: Maybe I should have brought an umbrella instead of chancing it...

*Kuma cocked his head to the side and regarded Runica's mutterings, giving a bear sigh before brushing against the slightly irate and sopping wet girl. Runica petted Kuma on the head before heading towards her cubicle.*

Dorothy: Ah! Runica, I'm glad I found you!

Runica: Dorothy? What is it?

*Dorothy Mitchell hurriedly ran up to Runica and grinned at her, her snake S.A. loosely wrapped around her frame.*

Dorothy: Your request on investigating about S.A. activities has been accepted!

Runica: Really? Cool!

Dorothy: There are supposed to be two other detectives working on it, they're both very good and the other one is a girl from the United States! They say she's one of the best.

Runica: Do you think I'll be working with them?

Dorothy: I'm not sure, maybe...maybe not.

Runica: Do you know their names?

Dorothy: Kate, Kaye...Kin...oh! Kim Heston is the girl and I think the other one is Nick...something.

*Runica sighed as she unconsciously rubbed Kuma's ear*

Runica: You're not very handy with names Dorothy.

*Dorothy gave a snort before smiling and bidding goodbye. Runica smiling with the new information headed to her cubicle again, Kuma trailing behind her.*

Raine
Angel
Angel

Post by Raine » January 12th, 2008, 7:55 pm

*She was standing outside the airport building with her bag flung over her shoulder as she got into the passenger's seat*

Kim:It's been a long time jonathan

Jonathan:It has been indeed a long time,MIss heston

Kim:It's raining here too?

*It had been raining in united states too,that very same day she was told that she was being tranfer here,to london.she was in her office with her hands covering her face as her chief came in,she imediately stood up and wipe her face showing a blank expression*

Chief:Now kim,are you sure?we could sent....

Kim:Sir i can do this,noone is right exept for me and you know it*she smile at her chief*besides who knows london more than me

*The chief sigh in defeat,*Chief:Alright kiddo i give in,but In one condition

Kim:Name anything sir

Chief:You are to work with another detective in london

Kim*she made a weird face*:but sir i...

Chief:i know, you work alone but we want the best detectives working alongside together and you alone isnt enough

Kim:Fine*she took the files the chief gave*

Chief:wouldnt you want to know your partner's name

Kim:No i rather hurry up and catch the first plane it doesnt really matter

*Now she was in the passenger seat with Baron on her shoulder*

Baron:Kim...

Kim*smiles at the red tailed hawk*:it's ok.Jonathan drop me to the police station imediately please

Jonathan:Miss...

Kim:Should i define Imediately Jonathan
"As far as I'm concerned, if something is so complicated that you can't explain it in 10 seconds, then it's probably not worth knowing anyway

agito_0291
Full Time Otaku
Full Time Otaku

Post by agito_0291 » January 13th, 2008, 5:24 pm

*Nick stepped out onto the street, the rain pouring down as heavily as ever. As he passed by the alley between the police station and the next house a large grey wolf appeared and fell into place next to him*

Aidan: Mind telling me what's wrong?

Nick: It's nothing Ai, I just don't want to see her again.

Aidan: Who, Kim? For old classmates you two sure hate each other.

Nick: And you know the reason behind it, so don't bring that subject up again.

Aidan: Whatever.....so where are we going?

Nick: I want to check out the most recent crime scene. It looked like the closest one to where we are; and the more recent the scene, the more it has to say.

Kira
Angel
Angel

Post by Kira » January 13th, 2008, 6:41 pm

*In the rain, The Old man stands on top of a soap box, no one is really hearing him. They are hurrying off to their destination, trying to stay dry*

Old Man: Hear me! The time has come!

Red: Old man! Its raining!

Old Man: Look! Look at the world around you! You need glasses!

Red: *looking bored and angry* Nice one, Old man, tell them they need glasses!

Old Man: This world has made us into old men! Can't you see! And now we are being punished! Death is all around us!

Red: Death is all around you if you keep this up! *Red looks up and sees Nick with Aidan* Great police!
You don't see yourself clearly at all. You're not like anyone I've ever known. You Fascinate me.

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Post by Zeratul2k » January 14th, 2008, 4:04 am

* Danny enters the subway station and goes straight for the platform, all the while drinking his coffee. He stopped on the platform and looked both ways, no trains were coming. Next to him was another person with a portable radio listening to the news. *

Radio: ... and the robber was caught by the police just two blocks away from the scene of the crime. In other news, the misterious deaths of 20 persons have the police looking for help, in this case from the USA, whose police force has agreed to send a non-specified number of invistigators to help in the case. There are currently no leads on the identity of the murderer or murderers and citizens are asked to call the nearest police station if they see anything out of the ordinary...

Blizzard: Scary stuff, eh?

Danny: Scary stuff, indeed... hmm?

* Danny saw something moving on one end of the platform from the corner of his eye. He turned at it but couldn't figure out the shape of the shadow moving away next to the tracks. *

Danny: What was..?

Blizzard: No, Danny, you can't afford to be late to--

Danny: Did you see it too? What was it?

Blizzard: No, I didn't see anything. Could you please not go after--

* Danny ignored Blizzard and walked quickly to the end of the platform. He looked down and noticed a small stair leading to the trackway. *

Danny: Let's go, Blizzard.

Blizzard: Oh, boy...

* Danny jumped down and walked to what seemed like the entrance to a maintenance tunnel just a few meters away, Blizzard followed him closely. He looked around but didn't see any other possible exit so he opened the metallic door in front of him, revealing a long, poorly-lighted tunnel. *

Blizzard: What are you doing?

Danny: I want to see where this goes.

Blizzard: Your curiousity will kill you someday.

Danny: Meh, I have to go someday.

Blizzard: Stop saying that!

* Danny was going to laugh but was stopped with a hard blow to the head. He fell into the tunnel, grabbing his head and tried to look at the one who had attacked him but he couldn't focus his eyes. Suddenly, pain filled his head. He knew what it was because he had experienced it before in an accident. Blizzard was hurt. He instinctively went for one of the pockets in his backpack, took a small cylinder from it and pushed a button on top of it. The tunnel filled with light so bright and a sound so loud that even people outside the station could hear it. He got up as fast as he could, his eyes now focusing better, picked up a bloodied Blizzard and ran back to the platform looking for help. *
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph... because good is DUMB!

yuki_tenshi
Otaku
Otaku

Post by yuki_tenshi » January 14th, 2008, 10:46 am

*Runica finished typing whatever paperwork was needed just as soon as her stomach grumbled. She turned to Kuma, who was lying on the floor beside her almost lolling to sleep. She tapped him lightly on the head, the bear looked at her quizzically.*

Runica: I'm hungry...you wanna have something to eat?

*Kuma's eyes widened and his tongue found it's way out of his bear mouth, hanging lazily. He stood up on his fours shaking his short fuzzy tail. Runica had to wondered if her S.A. was really a bear or just an overly huge dog.*

Runica: Guess that means a yes, right?

*Kuma nodded. Runica smiled a little sadly, still wondering why her S.A. didn't seem to want to talk. Most of the other S.A.'s she met were able to but Kuma couldn't or wouldn't, either way she understood his growls and yips and his animal responses and he understood her perfectly, wheter she was verbal or not. When she didn't show any signs of moving the bear(or large dog) took hold of the hem of her skirt and began tugging, excited at the prospect of going to eat. Runica playfully swatted him and Kuma let go, she scolded him lightly about not biting her clothes before they went down to the first floor.*

Runica: What are you in the mood for? Pizza? Spaghetti? Something with more meat, maybe?

*Runica looked at her S.A. waiting for his bear response when she bumped into a girl, an inch or two shorter than her on her way out. Runica landed on Kuma and the black haired girl landed on the cold hard floor.*

Runica: I'm so, so, so, so, sorry!*She got up and helped the girl, that was when an elderly looking man came behind the black haired girl, fussing over her.*

Elderly Man: Miss Heston! Are you alright. *The black haired girl, who was referred to as Miss Heston said she was okay and got back on her feet with a smile.*

*Runica bowed low blubbering her apology when it hit her.* Didn't Dorothy say something about a Kim Heston from the U.S.? *Slowly she looked up and kept her profile polite.*

Runica: Excuse me, are you the Kim Heston? The top detective from the U.S.? The one who'll work on the S.A. investigations?

-I kinda used Jonathan... I hope that was okay Raine...-
"If it's boring, get rid of it." [ANTI-BOREDOM!!!]

Raine
Angel
Angel

Post by Raine » January 14th, 2008, 5:50 pm

(its okay yuki)

Kim:Im alright Jonathan!!sheesh!!!*she was about to yell at Jonathan when she heard a sweet voice,she turn to see a girl,she smile at her sweetly*Yes i am but pleas.....

????:MISS HESTON,A PLEASURE TO HAVE YOU HERE IN LONDON!!

Kim:*sweatdrop*:so much for discreet she whispered to the girl,i guess that'sthe chief

*The man had come to her shaking her hand*

Kim:Thank you for the welcome

chief(forgot the name agito!!):come to my office please so we could talk privately

Kim:Okay,*she turns to jonathan and smile*please wait at the car*

=== after 5 mins in the office=======

Kim:NO WAY!!!YOU GOT TO BE JOKING!!!
*kIM barge out of the office with her face flushed with anger,she mumbles under her breath as she passes near the girl and out of the dooR*

Kim:Of all the people him!!Nicolas...th..that...

Baron:so it's him...so what?

*she shot a nasty glare at baron who shrink behind her shoulder*

Baron:Kim the important thing is the case!!

*she sigh as she sat down on a bench outside the station and watch the rain fall*

KIm:Yeah you're right Baron...as always
"As far as I'm concerned, if something is so complicated that you can't explain it in 10 seconds, then it's probably not worth knowing anyway

yuki_tenshi
Otaku
Otaku

Post by yuki_tenshi » January 15th, 2008, 5:13 am

*Runica followed Kim with her eyes as she stormed out of the building. Police Chief Wicket looking flustered and intimidated peeked out of the office. He mumbled a few words before his eyes brightened up when he saw Runica, no doubt he was thinking of giving her an order already.*

Police Chief Wicket: Hey, Miss Hayes...*He made a motion with his hand, beckoning her to come towards him. Runica sighed and did as she was told.* You see that girl who just went out?

Runica: Uhh...yes?

Police Chief Wicket: Good, I want you to bring her back here. Her partner would arrive later but I want her here to be able to discuss the case.

*Runica wanted to glare at the Chief, she wanted to tell him off but thought better of it, she liked her job even if it wasn't really necessary.*

Runica: Yes sir...

Police Chief Wicket: Good...and make sure she's not in a homicidal looking mood when you get her back.

Runica: How do you propose I do that, sir? *Runica grinned inwardly.* I knew it he was scared of that girl!

Police Chief Wicket: I don't know...don't you have any therapeutic things you girls do...you know those "girls stuff" you women always do?

*Runica looked a little skeptical at the higher ranking officer before he snorted.*

Police Chief Wicket: Go shopping for all I care! Just make sure to bring her back in a good mood. *And with his last words he withdrew his head and slammed the door. Runica sighed and muttered a little curse about men before she went to do her orders. She passed Kuma and her stomach grumbled.*

Runica: I wonder if the Kim Heston girl is hungry. *She stepped out of the building and tried to locate her new orders when she saw someone slumped on a bench with a hawk on her shoulder. Runica smiled and went towards Kim, Kuma, with an umbrella cluthced delicately in his mouth, behind her.*
"If it's boring, get rid of it." [ANTI-BOREDOM!!!]