Greetings! (Intro and Favorites)

Step in and introduce yourself. Keep in mind - you're about to join an absolutely crazy forum!
agito_0291
Full Time Otaku
Full Time Otaku

Re: Greetings! (Intro and Favorites)

Post by agito_0291 » January 17th, 2009, 7:06 am

Welcome to AAW PaperMario!! I love the way you introduced yourself, It's really unique and tells a lot about your personality! Since you seem to enjoy The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya I'm surprised that Lucky Star isn't on your list, have you seen it yet? It has quite a bit in common with Haruhi Suzumiya; they are both produced by KyoAni, Haruhi and Konota Izumi (one of the main characters in Lucky Star who's favorite anime character is Haruhi) are both played by Aya Hirano, and many more similarities that I am to lazy to draw comparisons between. If you have the time and if you haven't already I would defiantly check it out.

Regardless...It's great to meet you, I hope you have a great time while you're here! :thumb:

papermario13689
New User

Post by papermario13689 » January 17th, 2009, 7:48 am

Thank you very much for the words, I've already started watching Lucky Star and I love it! I'm going to try and finish it ASAP.

Thanks again, I sure hope to meet tons of friends here:D

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Post by Zeratul2k » January 18th, 2009, 12:43 am

Dechant wrote:Hello and welcome to this place.

However! That favourite anime list isn't manly at all when these two anime are included! :meh:
papermario13689 wrote: Now, here are my favorites:

Favorite Anime Shows

- Card Captor Sakura
- AIR TV
I don't see what the problem is. I loved Fruits Basket and Ouran High School Host Club and that doesn't makes me less manly.
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph... because good is DUMB!

papermario13689
New User

Post by papermario13689 » January 18th, 2009, 2:58 am

Well, I take no offense to it:D

I just really like the shows. :thumb:

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » January 18th, 2009, 5:27 am

And I really like Princess Tutu....... No one ever accused me of being unmanly, I'm more like those guys on the Red Green show.

By the way, Princess Tutu is a very good anime. A fairy tail story inside a story. It's well written and quite suspenseful. Humorous and cute too.
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

agito_0291
Full Time Otaku
Full Time Otaku

Post by agito_0291 » January 18th, 2009, 7:05 am

papermario13689 wrote: Thanks again, I sure hope to meet tons of friends here:D
Hmm...tons might be stretching it a bit but I'm sure you'll (er, I mean you are) meet a lot of interesting and fun people.

@Oldwrench: I had a close friend who's favorite series was princess tutu and any time I went over to watch anime at her house she wanted to watch that or Hamtaro (you can imagine just how long it was until I decided to not mention anime while I was there :meh: ) so I've grown to not care for it. Don't get me wrong though, It is a very touching story and I would recommend anyone who hasn't seen it to at least give it a try. As for being manly, it takes a real man to watch shojo anime without saying it's bad!

papermario13689
New User

Post by papermario13689 » January 18th, 2009, 8:03 am

Sounds like Princess Tutu has everything:D I might have to give it a look over. Thanks for all these suggestions!

Raine
Angel
Angel

Post by Raine » January 18th, 2009, 11:47 am

Hi there welcome AAW!!
So nice to meet you and love the way you introduce yourself now i got lots of anime to try and look up :meh:
"As far as I'm concerned, if something is so complicated that you can't explain it in 10 seconds, then it's probably not worth knowing anyway

papermario13689
New User

Post by papermario13689 » January 18th, 2009, 9:25 pm

So nice to meet you too, thanks for the welcome! Hopefully you'll find something you like amongst the shows I have listed:D

Seto no Hanayome's pretty funny, I found:D

JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Post by JHawkNH » January 19th, 2009, 5:06 pm

Welcome to AAW.

You should try out Lucky Star. I think you would really like it.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.