Hello o:

Step in and introduce yourself. Keep in mind - you're about to join an absolutely crazy forum!
plushie_sano
New User

Re: Hello o:

Post by plushie_sano » October 31st, 2008, 12:58 am

Thanks, and nice work yourself Oldwrench.

Although one helpful hint, that my professor taught me. Always make a copy of your background layer. It's also handy to create a new layer each time you start to color a new area. That way if you make a major mistake, rather then having to start over completely, you just have to start over with that layer. Just a friendly helpful hint ^_^

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Post by Zeratul2k » October 31st, 2008, 2:53 am

Yo, welcome there! Hope you enjoy your stay and post a lot. Here, have a cookie. *Offers cookies*
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph... because good is DUMB!

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » October 31st, 2008, 4:06 am

I don't really have a clue yet as to what to do with layers........ and since it's Hiki's drawing that I saved from her post, I'm not sure It would even work. To old to learn I guess. But the undo works nice when I screw things up.

Zera, I about split open laughing at your new avi......... don't know why, but it just looks very funny to me.
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » October 31st, 2008, 12:26 pm

I cannot do the simplest thing with Photoshop. I got an old version of Photoshop 7 which I got for 50 Euro on Ebay.
My current problem is to print two Photoshop pictures in ONE print job. That tool is evil, or perhaps it's my printer driver...
What do you call a dinosaur with an extended vocabulary? A thesaurus.

yuki_tenshi
Otaku
Otaku

Post by yuki_tenshi » October 31st, 2008, 2:02 pm

Welcome Sano!!! it's a little late but i get on the internet on very weird times so meh!

You're a photoshop addict, yay!!! I'd love to see more of your works! I'm a photoshop addict too but I'm still a beginner so my works aren't much.
"If it's boring, get rid of it." [ANTI-BOREDOM!!!]

plushie_sano
New User

Post by plushie_sano » October 31st, 2008, 4:54 pm

Sakura wrote:I cannot do the simplest thing with Photoshop. I got an old version of Photoshop 7 which I got for 50 Euro on Ebay.
My current problem is to print two Photoshop pictures in ONE print job. That tool is evil, or perhaps it's my printer driver...
Ah.. Photoshop 7, i used that before about two years ago. I got CS3 for about roughly $500(er..not sure the difference in change, with all the different countries, but US dollers) (with illustrator and In design. The joys of college discounts) Photoshop 7 is a bit more of a handful, the biggest example i can think of: You always have to switch over to.. (can't think of it, it's that button with the feather) if you want to do animation, where in CS3, you just open the animation bar in the window options. There's a few more differences, but personally i think photoshop 7.0 can do almost anything that the CS or higher can do. If you never want some extra help, i'd be glad to see what i can do to help out. I'm still a beginner but i too much time on my hands at the moment and love to try and help. :thumb: I'll give that more thought on the 4 hour car ride back to my apartment. (the joys of visiting parents :sob: )

JHawkNH
Anime Addict

Post by JHawkNH » October 31st, 2008, 6:05 pm

Welcome! :thumb:

I remember you. Last year you cosplayed Sano and worked for one of the dealers.
Good to see you here. Just a quick question, what does the latest version of photoshop cost?
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » October 31st, 2008, 7:21 pm

JH, Try downloading GIMP, it's free and it's supposed to do a lot of what photoshop does. I'm not one to judge how good it is, but the price is right.

http://www.gimp.org/
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Post by Hiki » October 31st, 2008, 9:07 pm

Nope, I don't use photoshop. I use something like it though. And for some silly pictures I use Manga Debut.. Also, your picture looks nice :love: Even though I don't like patriotism (or whatever it's called). :love:

Also, of course I don't mind you using my picture gpa :love: :kiss: I could help you with layers and stuff since I use those myself all the time... Except when I forget to draw the picture on another layer and I have to start over O.o But I digress...
Don't feed me violins.

plushie_sano
New User

Post by plushie_sano » October 31st, 2008, 9:30 pm

Hello JHawkNH, i remember you as well (yayness, i actually remember someone)
Hm.. without student discount i want to say $700? http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/photoshop/ Wow.. Photoshop CS4 came out, i want!! >o<!

Thank you, Hiki. (i'm also not big on patriotsm or how ever it's spelt. I was forced, by the power of education? )
You do a really nice job on drawing, by the way. I wish i could draw that good, instead of it looking like chicken scratches. :swt:

I would also be willing to help with layers, or any questions that anyone has. :)