Hello o:

Step in and introduce yourself. Keep in mind - you're about to join an absolutely crazy forum!
plushie_sano
New User

Hello o:

Post by plushie_sano » October 30th, 2008, 7:42 am

Hello all, I guess i should introduce myself, like everyone else.. I'm assuming that i've met some of you at Sogen and other cons. If not, it's nice to meet you. :) Besides the fact i'm a photoshop addict, i'm not sure what else to say at the time being.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Re: Hello o:

Post by oldwrench » October 30th, 2008, 1:38 pm

Well, hi there, nice to meet you Sano. If you were at previous Sogen cons you may have met me, my son and I were at the first three sogen's, and all the detour's so far. You probably net JHawke, the others here....... probably not, seeing they come from a bit farther away, like Germany, Columbia, Seychelles, and a few more. Join in and have some fun. Photoshop, that sounds interesting, we'd love to see some of the stuff you do. Don't worry if it isn't anime, we get into a little of everything here. So sit down, just watch out you don't sit on Dinky, have a cookie and bring your friends. More friends = more fun.
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Sakura
Resident Kitty

Post by Sakura » October 30th, 2008, 2:09 pm

Welcome to our little hideout. So you're a Photoshop addict, that reminds me of something. I badly need to take Photoshop lessons so I can work on a new site design :pif:
What do you call a dinosaur with an extended vocabulary? A thesaurus.

plushie_sano
New User

Post by plushie_sano » October 30th, 2008, 5:22 pm

Thank you, too the both of you. :)

I'm sure that we've had too run into eachother at sometime, since we've both been to Sogen so many times..i just don't remember :hmm: sorry, bad memory for the most part. And i'm rather excited to check out the rest of the forums.

I think this site may come in very handy, Sakura. Even though it's just full of tutorials (for other programs, as well as photoshop) I still find it very handy.

Click Here

Hiki
Honorary Evil Kitty

Post by Hiki » October 30th, 2008, 6:19 pm

Welcome!! Can you show us some of your work? *blink blink* I like seeing other people's work :love:

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » October 30th, 2008, 7:38 pm

I don't have photoshop, so I downloaded GIMP. My daughter is very good at photoshop, she does professional illustration work for quilting books, and also does artwork for fabric designs with my wife. I can't believe what people can do with those editing programs. So much better than my box of crayons.

plushie_sano
New User

Post by plushie_sano » October 30th, 2008, 8:44 pm

If i could draw, i think i wouldn't mind using a box of crayons, they bring back good memories. lol If you don't mind me asking, did your daughter for for Graphic Design, or something along those lines?
How do you like GIMP, by the way? i've heard good things about it.

And sure, i'd love to share some of my work. I admit i'm still a beginner so it's not the best yet, but i'm slowly working progress. - We had to make a patriotic poster for my photoshop class a few years ago, some kind of contest. (didn't have an option) Anywho, i was just shooting for "C" so i'd pass, but i ended up winning third place and the poster is hanging up in the college for what i'm still aware of. Moral of the story... Only doing what you have to do, to get by in life really does pay off. Kidding... i wouldn't use my way of thinking when it comes to education and grades. :swt: anywho, here's a pic.

plushie_sano
New User

Post by plushie_sano » October 30th, 2008, 8:45 pm

Hiki wrote:Welcome!! Can you show us some of your work? *blink blink* I like seeing other people's work :love:
Hello, it's nice to meet you ^_^ Do you use photoshop as well?

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » October 30th, 2008, 10:12 pm

Great work Sano. And actually, My daughter was a math major and worked for Unisys doing cryptography programing for major corporation's security systems. She was always good at art work, and was doing portrait work in grade school. She took a number of art courses, mostly evening class type stuff, over the years. She has two kids at home now, and quit Unisys to stay at home and work. She does graphic work for my wife's quilting business, for Kaufman fabrics, and Krause publications. She also does web page design for people.

As for gimp, I have no idea, I just downloaded it.......... and I'm a terrible artist, so my word would mean nothing in this department.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » October 30th, 2008, 10:57 pm

Hey, I installed gimp and tried it, it works great, as far as I can tell. Here's a screencap of my desktop with Hiki's pretty little pictured, colored by oldwrench. I've never tried coloring something like that before. It was a lot easier than I thought. Hope Hiki doesn't mind my using her picture for this.