Game

5 Minutes is running here

Moderator: Zeratul2k

Zeratul2k
Captain Catnip

Game

Post by Zeratul2k » August 1st, 2007, 11:30 pm

* Rydia stopped the Atropos and looked at the mountain behind her where the battle had started. *

Rydia: I really hope I'm doing the right thing...

* Dominic landed over the Krikav, near an external mech deck station designed for Lancers providing long-range artillery support without leaving the ships shields and connected to the ship's system. Yuki's face appeared on his central monitor inmediatly. *

Yuki: You don't have permission to access the ship's systems from that position, sir.

* On the bridge, Daniel was busy directing the attacking mechs and troop transport ships from the tactical map when he heard muffled metallic steps. *

Daniel: What was that, Yuki?

Yuki: Mr. Torres, sir. He's piloting an enemy Thunderbird and has landed on the vessel.

Daniel: Path me through.

Yuki: But sir, protocols say--

Daniel: DO IT!

Yuki: ... done, you may talk.

Daniel: This better be good, Mr. Torres. You're no longer considered a member of the EDF so I can have you shot down right now if I wanted to.

Dominic: Oh, but it is, sir. Check this out.

* Dominic placed the disc on the reader and let Yuki download the files. *

Yuki: The files are clean, no viruses or malware detected. It seems to be a collection of videos and sound recordings.

Daniel: What are those files, Torres?

Dominic: Evidence against a big rat in the Office of Military Intelligence, sir. Along a very interesting discovery that the Outer Rim Coalition wants to keep secret. Or so I've been told...

Daniel: ... ... What's the catch?

Dominic: None. I'm leaving now, weapons disabled. You wouldn't shoot an unarmed, retreating opponent, would you, Colonel?

Daniel: Where do you think you're going, Torres!?

Dominic: To Shakuras. Have a nice day and... don't rough them up too much, ok? They are just pawns in this game.

Daniel: What does that make you, then? And what side are you on? Black? White?

Dominic: Blue, sir.

* Dominic made a pause while he unplugged his mech from the ship, jettisoned his weapons and opened the general communications channel again. *

Dominic: This is Blue Dragon 1, over and out.
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph... because good is DUMB!

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Re: Game

Post by oldwrench » August 2nd, 2007, 4:12 am

*Chad slowly awoke, twisted and half out of the pilot seat, the mech must be on its back. As he moved to get back into his seat, Chad cried out from a sharp pain in his right side. His left wrist was swollen and he found it hard to use his hand. As the pain eased, Chad opened his eyes to the dim glow from the main screen in the cockpit. Numbers and file names scrolled quickly across the screen. Suddenly the screen went blank, then in moments read, "System check complete, reboot initiated". One after another the lights on the consoles came to life.*

Ghost: Chad, are you conscious? Your vital signs are...

Chad: Ya, I'm just ducky...... What happened?

Ghost: The thruster system board failed, I was able to initiate emergency systems.

Chad: Right, thanks...... I should have remembered that board couldn't take much banging around. Did we stop that mech, or slow it down?

Ghost: No, the attack was ill advised. We may have been able to cause some damage with the saber, but would have needed to get inside it's defence field and attack a joint.

Chad: Thanks, now you tell me. What are the damages, beside the thrusters?

Ghost: Sensors are 95%, the cloaking is operational, the beam saber was destroyed, and we have 40 rounds in the cannons. Movement is possible, primary hydraulics to the right arm is damaged. We are running on backup power, the main generator is offline due to the shield overload on impact. You should attempt to reset the breakers to the main generator.

Chad: Right, I'll get it back on line. *As Chad pulls the reset on the main breakers, again he is slammed by the crippling pain in his right side.*

Ghost: You have been injured, your vitals ar....

Chad croaks out: No sh-- Sherlock. What was your first clue?

Ghost : Your vital signs show signs of acute stress. Your pilot safety restraint system was not utilized efficiently.

Chad: Damn your fancy words. Ya, I forgot to re-tighten the belts, I got really busy. Ok?

Ghost: I will be able to move now, we must get you back to the ship for medical attention.

Chad: If the ship is still there. We didn't stop that mech, it could take out the Krikav if it got off a shot........... I just got some cracked ribs, I hope, I'll be fine. DId they take the base? Or did the ship get destroyed? Maybe they got away from that mech. I tried to stop it, I did all I could. *Trying to get up this hill to make radio contact was going to be a difficult and painful journey.*
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Freya
Otaku Leader
Otaku Leader

Post by Freya » August 8th, 2007, 2:08 am

*After observing the split moments of action that befell her comrades Georgianna cries out*

Georgianna: Chad!!

*Georgianna turns toward where she saw Ghost fall and fires her thrusters. As she arrives at where the mech is she disengages Reina's battle systems to convert her back into her single pilot cockpit. She opens a link to Ghost*

Georgianna: Lieutennant Ross! Lieutennant Ross! Can you respond?
“Here’s the thing… I’ve already gone crazy once. I know what my limits are.” ~ Bella Swan

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » August 8th, 2007, 3:53 am

*Chad hears a broken and faint radio signal.*

Chad: Geogianna?..... Captain, is that you? Where are you?....... Damn, Ghost, I can't get through.

*Chad struggles to right the mech and get it onto it's feet. *

Ghost: The antenna system has been damaged, communication will be short range only. Sensors indicate Georgianna's mech sixty degrees to the left and fourty meters up the hill. Now that we are standing, communication should be possible.

Chad, voice strained from the pain in his ribs: Georgianna, is the ship alright? Did that mech get away? Damn, I didn't stop it, I'm sorry.

Freya
Otaku Leader
Otaku Leader

Post by Freya » August 8th, 2007, 6:04 pm

*Georgianna hears the strain in Chad's voice*

Georgianna: Ross, that was a hard blow you took. You shouldn't even be moving right now. Don't worry about the ship, everything is under control. STAY HERE. I'm giving you a direct order as your superior! I will be back with help.

*Georgianna pilots her mech away towards Dominic and opens a com link*

Georgianna: Captain Torres! Lieutenant Ross needs medical assistance immediately! He's just over that embankment.
“Here’s the thing… I’ve already gone crazy once. I know what my limits are.” ~ Bella Swan

Kira
Angel
Angel

Post by Kira » August 8th, 2007, 6:41 pm

*John seeing everything befalling before him, and lost opens his com link*

John: Hey! Cap, what are your orders for me?
You don't see yourself clearly at all. You're not like anyone I've ever known. You Fascinate me.

oldwrench
Ojiichan

Post by oldwrench » August 8th, 2007, 6:47 pm

Chad: I can still fight captain, I just busted some ribs, and maybe my wrist. I've had busted ribs before, I'll be ok.

* Chad pulls up the controls and turns to move up the mountain, but Ghost refuses to move.*

Chad: What's wrong? Generator to full power, we have to go help the ship.

Ghost: No, Chad, I will not move, I do not wish to risk further injury to you. And the captain gave you a direct order to remain here. Please do not force me to move.

*After a long moment, Chad lets go of the controls and sits back in the pilot seat, holding his injured arm against himself. *

Chad: You're right Ghost, I should obey the captain. I've screwed up enough as it is. Nothing's gone right. I just can't seem to get away from trouble. Ghost is the best thing I've ever had, and I still manage to mess it up.

Freya
Otaku Leader
Otaku Leader

Post by Freya » August 8th, 2007, 7:37 pm

*Georgianna hears Crichton*

Georgianna: Crichton! Status report first of all! How are you holding up?

Kira
Angel
Angel

Post by Kira » August 8th, 2007, 7:43 pm

John: Warrior spirit is a little low, minor damage to my mech. But all in all, I'm always up for one last hurrah.
You don't see yourself clearly at all. You're not like anyone I've ever known. You Fascinate me.

Freya
Otaku Leader
Otaku Leader

Post by Freya » August 8th, 2007, 7:48 pm

Georgianna: Do you know standard first aid procedures Crichton?